Green Bay Has Significantly Less Injuries Than Falcons And Can't Win.

Biermann is solid, he's overrated if anything, especially with our fanbase.

You realize he has 16.5 sacks in 5 years? He has forced one fumble in his career. Pick any starting DE over the last 5 years and they likely have better numbers than those.

And Gruden raves about everyone, the other night he was talking about how he hated facing Grimes in Atlanta (Grimes wasn't a starter when Gruden played us in Tampa, I don't think he even played against Tampa at the time)

He doesnt just line up and go after the QB. You watch the games just like I do, He drops back into coverage and has more than just one responsibility of going after a QB. Not to mention, he was a 5th round pick so obviously his 1st and 2nd years going from a college like Montana to NFL competetion was more of a learning curve.

To simply point at Sacks or a FF is not fair to all that he does that doesnt necessarily translate into a statistic.

I am not saying he is a top defensive player in the NFL. But last year he was our most dynamic and important player on defense and what made Nolans scheme so successful. We are truely missing him this year and its obvious with how bad our defense has played.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting QB. I'm struggling to not call you a ******.

Their defense has been bad for years but Rodgers has covered that up by simply putting up more points than they give up. Now that he's gone their offense can't even gain 100 yards in a game which has exposed both the deficiencies with the offense but also how bad their defense really is. I know this will shock people but their team is in much worse condition personnel wise than the Falcons are and it has become very obvious over the past few weeks. The last time a team was this exposed by the loss of their starting QB was the 2011 Colts and they cleaned house that offseason to get rid of their extremely overrated GM and get new blood into their coaching staff.

Outside of Julio....what key injuries do we currently have preventing us from winning?

Both starting tackles, our starting fullback, roddy's still not up to speed, no Beirman. How abt those and a completely new starting O line and rookies and undrafted Free agents everywhere. The season has hosted MAJOR injuries and new challenges. Next year we will be back on track.
guess not

This argument reminds me of the ones early in the season when people said all the injuries were a good thing. I think there are problems deeper than the injuries, but c'mon, stop brushing off the injuries as if they are absolutely nothing. rolleyes.gif

That they require their starting QB to gain even 100 yards of offense is more telling about how terrible that team is and how Rodgers compensated for it. They are reminiscent of the Colts that year without Manning: Utterly awful and completely overrated.

He doesnt just line up and go after the QB. You watch the games just like I do, He drops back into coverage and has more than just one responsibility of going after a QB. Not to mention, he was a 5th round pick so obviously his 1st and 2nd years going from a college like Montana to NFL competetion was more of a learning curve.

To simply point at Sacks or a FF is not fair to all that he does that doesnt necessarily translate into a statistic.

I am not saying he is a top defensive player in the NFL. But last year he was our most dynamic and important player on defense and what made Nolans scheme so successful. We are truely missing him this year and its obvious with how bad our defense has played.

Again, I think this is why this board overrates Biermann so much. He drops back into coverage maybe twice a game and that somehow makes him good and 'versatile'....I don't get it

He's a good rotational guy, but he is not a good starter

Both starting tackles, our starting fullback, roddy's still not up to speed, no Beirman. How abt those and a completely new starting O line and rookies and undrafted Free agents everywhere. The season has hosted MAJOR injuries and new challenges. Next year we will be back on track.

Exactly my point...you think we stink because we don't have SAM BAKER and MIKE JOHNSON....let that sink in. Those guys are below average on a good day. Mike Johnson likely wasn't going to be the starter anyway

And a fullback...one of the positions being eliminated by many teams...

You think those are MAJOR?

I think our fans use injuries too largely as an excuse.

Asante? He's been tailing off and gets burned when he's on the field.

Baker? He's always been terrible, that can't be argued.

Biermann? Solid guy, but likely not a starter on most teams.

Weatherspoon? The definition of average, that too cannot be argued.

Roddy, perhaps injuries can be excused for him.

Jackson....it seems every RB hits a magical wall at 30 and just can't get it done anymore, he looks like he's proving that

Another poster has done a good job of responding to this post so I will leave it at that.

A very very big reason that has hurt this team besides injuries is the team leadership. With the loss of McClure's leadership on the o-line they have looked lost most of the time. When Hawley was inserted the line played better because of his experience more than his talent. Jackson may not be what he once was but he is a fighter and would be pushing the other guys on the field to make things happen. Roddy when healthy would be doing the same with the Wr and helping Ryan. On the defense Abe was a leader and so is Spoon, without these players on the field pushing guys they seems to have lost that edge. Asante has been injured but also slowing down. Leadership has been missing and Ryan has not stepped up to that role like he needs to, a great player but not a team leader, that is how you overcome a lack of talent.

We could be looking at a different record had Jackson caught the ball in the NO game. If Tiolilo would have caught the ball in the Patriots game our if the defense would have held up in the Jets game!

Offensive line sucks! Defensive line sucks! Now you want to tell me that's it's Matt's fault we are not winning... I call ********! We are not winning because the TEAM sucks period!!!

Maybe we should consider firing GM and Coach in Green Bay because of the downturn in their fortunes. Everyone would say no.

This is exactly why Dimitroff and Smith are here to stay and are two of the best, the famous saying should be "it's the injuries stupid".

But...But McCarthy has a Super Bowl ring and we don't.

Exactly my point...you think we stink because we don't have SAM BAKER and MIKE JOHNSON....let that sink in. Those guys are below average on a good day. Mike Johnson likely wasn't going to be the starter anyway

And a fullback...one of the positions being eliminated by many teams...

You think those are MAJOR?

Did you play football or coach? I'm asking cause it seems you are alittle foggy on how it all works. A team needs accountability on the Oline and else where. This Oline would have had at least 3 different moving parts before the injury's to the Starters. This line has 1 guy who started and played the previous years. You also had a virtual rookie at Center, and the line calls are NOT easy. Having that many different people who had never played together is Huge. The also mentioned Fullback would have been instrumental in making seal blocks as well. He went out early and that FULLBACK was to lead block for Sjax, who Went out in the 2nd game. So, take away the line, the fullback, the Starting runningback, then add to it White has Been hurt all year, you then loss Julio and it took Tony 3 games to get back in shape. That is important.

Did you play football or coach? I'm asking cause it seems you are alittle foggy on how it all works. A team needs accountability on the Oline and else where. This Oline would have had at least 3 different moving parts before the injury's to the Starters. This line has 1 guy who started and played the previous years. You also had a virtual rookie at Center, and the line calls are NOT easy. Having that many different people who had never played together is Huge. The also mentioned Fullback would have been instrumental in making seal blocks as well. He went out early and that FULLBACK was to lead block for Sjax, who Went out in the 2nd game. So, take away the line, the fullback, the Starting runningback, then add to it White has Been hurt all year, you then loss Julio and it took Tony 3 games to get back in shape. That is important.

Lord.

your words not mine. All I'm saying is if Matt goes down, it would hurt thus team worse than it is now. They lost the best qb in the game, just like the Colts minus Peyton. It's amazing what difference one man can make. You can have the best defense in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if the offense can't score

There's a lot of Bears teams that disagree. ;)

Outside of Julio....what key injuries do we currently have preventing us from winning?

We had Roddy,Jackson, Spoon, & Biermann. The thing is Falcons has never had to play so many young players because they were 1. didn't sustain a lot of injuries and 2. always had veterans back-ups for example Mike Peterson.

Good teams do not use injuries as excuses. People seem to forget when Brady went down in the firt game of the season a few years back and the Pats used Matt Cassell and still went 11-5!

Always helps when you play in the AFC East in a weak year and play AFC West and NFC West in one of their weakest years with division winners 8-8 and 9-7.

Good teams do not use injuries as excuses. People seem to forget when Brady went down in the firt game of the season a few years back and the Pats used Matt Cassell and still went 11-5!

30.gif

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Very true, and they had a very good if not the best OL for Cassel to play behind. Cassel has since been given starting jobs, and has proven to be nothing short of terrible. There in lies the truth about how much an OL and talent around a QB is everything you need to succeed. Take those elements away and even the good QB's will struggle, while the bad QB's will fall completely flat on their faces.

The Falcons OL has killed this team, and that in itself is the biggest reason for this disaster season. Saying that the Falcons have one of the 3 worst lines in the NFL is not an excuse, but an overwhelming fact that has been the major contributor for the Falcons not functioninig properly. Last year the Falcons had slightly more talent on the OL than they do now, and it was enough for the team to win a lot of games. What we have now give the Falcons no chance to sustain a drive, run the ball or keep the mediocre D off the field. So say all you want about what team did what without this player or that player, but you can't do squat with a garbage OL that can't perform.

Edited by 4dabirds

We had Roddy,Jackson, Spoon, & Biermann. The thing is Falcons has never had to play so many young players because they were 1. didn't sustain a lot of injuries and 2. always had veterans back-ups for example Mike Peterson.

We have one of the worst OL's in football. That in itself is the most dominating factor for the lack of wins. Our OL does not allow for a running game to develop. Our OL keeps the QB under constant pressure. Our OL can't sustain a drive so that our below average D can stay off the filed. This garbage season is not about what Ryan has or hasn't done. It's about a bunch of scrubs and never were good linemen trying to compete against NFL caliber DL's and losing every week. No team has ever had a good season with a terrible OL. If you can't run the ball and protect the passer, then you can not function on offense, and the Falcons are not functioning on offense.

That is the thing that people are not getting.

Did we lose a bunch of all pros? No we did not but we did lose A LOT of experience.

And that stuff makes a difference we were going with some inexperiece by design but not all at one

Right now we have a send year starting DE, 2 rookie starting LBS, and rookie starting corner and "starting" nickle back

On offense we had at one point a RB, FB,Tackle and all 3 wrs have a combined what 10 starts in the nfl?

I see the usual idiot suspects rag on Ryan for our record, and it is true he has not had very good games recently.... although he was very good vs the saints.

The fact is our young guys for the most part have not stepped up they way they could or should. Some of that is coaching and some of that is just the natural learning curb of the nfl

laugh.png Seriously?! Rodgers is a league MVP. He's one of the few Qbs in the league that can take over a game and get things done even with a poor Oline and receivers that are lacking.

Losing him would be like the Broncos losing Peyton... The Broncos would royally suck without Peyton back there tearing things up.

The Broncos would still be able to compete. They wouldn't be a championship tier team but they'd still compete. This Packers team is pure garbage and Rodgers was the only thing keeping them in competition. Ted Thompson has been lauded as a great GM but that is simply laughable. He's missed on so many early round picks and refuses to sign free agents to fill some holes that this is what their team has become. It's also not like they're rebuilding or anything, this is his best effort to put a team on the field. I'd be shocked if he's still employed after this season.

The Broncos would still be able to compete. They wouldn't be a championship tier team but they'd still compete. This Packers team is pure garbage and Rodgers was the only thing keeping them in competition. Ted Thompson has been lauded as a great GM but that is simply laughable. He's missed on so many early round picks and refuses to sign free agents to fill some holes that this is what their team has become. It's also not like they're rebuilding or anything, this is his best effort to put a team on the field. I'd be shocked if he's still employed after this season.

That is what happens when you have the ball bounce one post season.

The packers outside of 2010 have been horrible in the post season.

Even then they were lucky to get past the eagles.... they took us to the woodshed the second half of the game, and they struggled to beat a bears team with out its starting qb.

That is the thing that people are not getting.

Did we lose a bunch of all pros? No we did not but we did lose A LOT of experience.

And that stuff makes a difference we were going with some inexperiece by design but not all at one

Right now we have a send year starting DE, 2 rookie starting LBS, and rookie starting corner and "starting" nickle back

On offense we had at one point a RB, FB,Tackle and all 3 wrs have a combined what 10 starts in the nfl?

I see the usual idiot suspects rag on Ryan for our record, and it is true he has not had very good games recently.... although he was very good vs the saints.

The fact is our young guys for the most part have not stepped up they way they could or should. Some of that is coaching and some of that is just the natural learning curb of the nfl

We lost a fullback that had one quarter of a game of experience.

A RB with too much experience.

We are starting two rookie LB's because they're better than the crap that was on the field.

And the two CB's have been better than any CB's we've fielded lately.