Turkey Day Mock

bigjmw84

Resign:

Corey Peters-4yrs 12 mill

Robert McClain-2yr 2mil

Dominique Franks-1yr 750k

Peria Jerry-2yr 2mill

FA:

Anthony Collins RT- Unheralded guy who has been above average ever since he came out of Kansas. 4yr 14 million

Geoff Schwartz RG -Would be an instant upgrade at RG and can step in at RT as well. 3yr 6 million

Brian De La Puente C- Has been a very solid guy and NO are going through severe cap situations 3yr 10 million

Allen Branch DT-One of the better run stopping DT's in Football 3yr 9mill

Arthur Jones DT/DE-This guy is stout against the run and can get to the passer. 5yr 38 million

Dekota Watson SLB-Hasn't played his best football yet, but is good enough to start. Compete with Worillow 3yr 6million

1st:Jadeveon Clowney DEOLB USC- Aldon Smith clone. Will come in and make an immediate impact.

2nd:Trent Murphy DE/OLB STAN-He doesnt have elite athleticism, but he is a high motor technician with good versatility.

3rd:Xavier Sua Filo G UCLA-Could slide if Guards dont start coming off the board till the early 2nd round. Blalocks eventual replacement.

4th:Arthur Lynch TE UGA-Complete TE. Could have much bigger numbers if UGA didnt spread the ball like they do. Starter potential.

5th:Dee Ford OLB-One of those under the radar prospects that could end up being a steal.

6th:Beau Allen NT WIS-Nothing more than a run stopping mammoth, but its needed in our depth.

7th:JC Copeland FB LSU- Reminds me of Ovie alot. He is a battering ram and would definitely open hole that havent been their in recent years.

LT:Baker/Holmes

LG:Blalock/Filo/Gun

C:Puente/Hawley/Konz

RG:Schwartz/Konz/Filo

RT:Collins/Schrader

QB:Ryan/Edwards/Renfree

RB:SJax/Quizz/Smith

FB:Copeland/Ewing

TE:Toilolo/Lynch

WR:Jones/Drew/D.Johnson

WR:White/Douglas

DE:Clowney/Bierman/Massaquoi

DT:Peters/Branch/T.Robertson

DT:Jones/Jerry

DE:Murphy/Goodman

WLB:Spoon/Bartu

MLB:Worrilow/Dent

SLB:Watson/Ford

CB:Trufant/McClain

FS:Decoud/Ishmael

SS:Moore/Motta

CB:Alford/Franks

K:Bryant

P:Bosher

Edited by bigjmw84

1. I'd rather Mack at C.

2. Clowney is not an Aldon Smith clone. Very different, in fact.

3. That many FAs are likely unaffordable, although I'd be happy to have them all.

4. Safety was not addressed, and that bothers me.

How are Clowney and Aldon so different?

Both are natural pass rushers, have ridiculous arm length,and athleticism off the charts.

Clowney is stronger,has more pass rushing moves, and is more of a sound tackler than Aldon was perceived to be coming out of the draft. Although Smith was converted to a 3-4 LB, he would have been just as good of a DE in a 4-3 system. Clowney has all the tools to have the same production if not better from either DE or OLB spot.

Do we have that much cap space for all those signings? Also, i cant agree with extending Jerry. He's mediocre on his best days

after the restructures, cuts, and people who are expected to walk, we will be close to 30 -31 mill. This offseason would cost us about 27 mill. They know they have to be more aggressive in FA if they want to steady this ship.

How are Clowney and Aldon so different?

Both are natural pass rushers, have ridiculous arm length,and athleticism off the charts.

You're a moron if you think they're the same kind of player. They're completely different.

Clowney is stronger,has more pass rushing moves, and is more of a sound tackler than Aldon was perceived to be coming out of the draft.

...apparently you already knew that, though. You literally just answered your own question.

Although Smith was converted to a 3-4 LB, he would have been just as good of a DE in a 4-3 system. Clowney has all the tools to have the same production if not better from either DE or OLB spot.

WHAT? Smith is a 3-4 OLB ONLY. If he would've gone to a 4-3 team where he would've consistently had to face one or more blockers, he would've busted. At least 25% of his production comes off of him being completely unblocked in San Fran. You can thank Justin Smith for that.

Clowney has the natural strength, hand usage and leverage to work as a 3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE, or even as a nickel DT, pass rushing from the inside. Aldon Smith is an awful comparison. If you're going to compare anyone this year to Aldon Smith, it's Anthony Barr.

1-DE-Jadaveon Clowney

2-WR-Jordan Matthews

trade down

3-NT-Daniel McCullers

3-TE-Colt Lyerla

trade down

4-DT-Dominique Easley

4-RT-JaWaun James

5-OC-Bryan Stork

6-LB-Boseko Lokombo

7-FS-Terrence Brooks

QB-Ryan, Davis, Renfree

RB-Jackson, Rodgers, Smith, undrafted free agent

FB-DiMarco

TE-Lyerla, Toilolo, Coffman

WR-Jones, Davis

WR-Matthews, Davis

WR-White, Johnson

LT-Baker, Schraeder

LG-Blalock, Gunn

OC-Hawley, Stork

RG-Konz, Gunn

RT-Holmes, James

RE-Umeniyora, Biermann, Maponga

RT-Peters, McCullers

LT-Babinaux, Easley

LE-Clowney, Goodman, Massaquoi

LB-Weatherspoon, Lokombo

LB-Worrilow, Dent

LB-Bartu, Lokombo

CB-Trufant, Franks

CB-Samuel, Alford

NB-McClain, Alford

FS-DeCoud, Brooks

SS-Moore, Motta, Ishmael

K-Bryant

P-Bosher

LS-Harris

You're a moron if you think they're the same kind of player. They're completely different.

...apparently you already knew that, though. You literally just answered your own question.

WHAT? Smith is a 3-4 OLB ONLY. If he would've gone to a 4-3 team where he would've consistently had to face one or more blockers, he would've busted. At least 25% of his production comes off of him being completely unblocked in San Fran. You can thank Justin Smith for that.

Clowney has the natural strength, hand usage and leverage to work as a 3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE, or even as a nickel DT, pass rushing from the inside. Aldon Smith is an awful comparison. If you're going to compare anyone this year to Aldon Smith, it's Anthony Barr.

if Anthony Barr is anything close to Aldon then he will be a successful player in the NFL

if Anthony Barr is anything close to Aldon then he will be a successful player in the NFL

if he goes to a 3-4 team, sure. Neither one of them would be successful in a 4-3, or in any scheme that relies on them actually beating a blocker one on one on a consistent basis. I don't think I've ever seen a player get more unblocked production than Barr.

Not sure about that. Smith was a much better player coming out IMO. Barr isn't that good to me honestly. He has his moments but he needs major improvement to be even mentioned with the likes of Aldon.

Not sure about that. Smith was a much better player coming out IMO. Barr isn't that good to me honestly. He has his moments but he needs major improvement to be even mentioned with the likes of Aldon.

Barr is athletic. He is not a 4-3 DE. If we draft him then I am done supporting Dimitroff because Mack is a far superior player for us.

I would probably take the season off if we drafted Barr. I do not want to see him in a Falcons jersey. Reminds me of Akeem Ayers to be honest.

I concur. I've watched a lot of him last year and this year; his game will not translate to NFL very well right now. Put him in a 3-4 with a dominate DE next to him with him as the RushOLB and he is fine but that's it.