Parkland...

Rave

No, but I will have to catch it. The whole subject interests WFW very deeply. I can remember the event like it was yesterday on that Friday afternoon. We had an announcement over the loud speaker in school that someone would be coming to our room and they had school officials go to each room and announce that the president had been shot and was dead. I remember a lot of the girls started crying immediately and some of the boys. It was a sad day in our history. Then Oswald, then MLK, and RFK. The 60's was a very turbulent time in our history!

I wasnt around for his terms, but I wish we could have a president like that in the modern age. He was a great man (say what you want about him and Marllyn), who was killed over politics and money. Sad doesnt even begin to describe the events that November 22nd. He was trying to out the corruption in this country and they killed him for it.

He was only in office less than one term, a 1000 days actually. He was a decent president (not great) that has been over-exaggerated, as well as the whole Camelot era. He was very weak on foreign policy as most junior senators are.The Camelot myth was actually perpetuated by Jackie after the assassination but I digress. Actually he went to Dallas to campaign the red state with LBJ since he was native to Texas. Kennedy's numbers were down there at the time where very low and they knew they needed to carry Texas to have a shot at a second term.

One thing I agree with you on she/rave is we could use another president like him. If he were running nowadays he would be considered more of a republican than a democrat as he was for cutting taxes and the reducing the burden on the middle class as he knew this was how to increase government revenue. He was also a staunch supporter of self-reliance as proposed in his 'ask not what what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country' speech. Kennedy knew the way to get people out of poverty was through getting them education and jobs, not giving them government handouts in the form of entitlements. So in that sense yes we could use a man like him right now! This is your history lesson of the day provided by non other than WFW.

Not to make this thread a debate, but I disagree with you on his foreign policy. The man did anything and everything he could not to go to war while taking a strong stand on what he believed in. Not wanting to send us into countless wars for no reason isnt weak, its smart.

We agree on just about everything else.

Christ, does anyone actually pay for anything anymore??

Ill buy this movie, but I downloaded it to watch it. With this subject matter I was more interested in how they did it and what the message was before I bought it.

I dont pay for much of anything that Hollywood puts out anymore. Too much trash.

We can agree to disagree on that one. His 'bay of pigs' disaster was far worse than anything Obama has done this far which brought us to the brink of a nuclear war. The thing I admire about Kennedy was he went on national television and admitted his mistake in front of millions and took the blame for it and vowed never to make such a mistake again. It takes some cajones to do that while saving face, and this led the American people to stand behind the president 100%. This is the kind of courage that is lacking in our current politicians of today!

Not only did he admit his mistake, nothing his wife said could console him he felt so much guilt over it. He felt like he sent them off to slaughter. These days a president sends our men and women out to war without a second thought.