1 DE,

this is a very hard position to fill, Abe is gone, Osi

is aging and the Biermann is on the IR.

2 O Line,

The knee jerk reaction here is LT, but at the top of the second round

we should get a Beast at RG.

3. OLB, Safety, DT, or Center ?

I am really struggling with this round, because it

will be critical that the Falcons get it right.

Look forward to your comments.

1. DE

2. OG

3. DT

My ranking is based on the draft and the prospects available.

The best position for us to take at the top of the 1st is DE.

The best position at the top of the 2nd is OG as the OP said

As far as the 3rd option, I think FS is very close to DT but I'd preferred a Free Agent FS, not a 3rd rounder.

I'm cool with our current starting LB's. I think they will grow and work well together.

Im willing to give Konz or Hawley a chance and picking up a vet C.

Hope to see DT and OLine taken care of in FA

Agree with 1

Agree w/ 2 as well.

Think they sign DT in FA, give Konz/Hawley another year at center and see if Motta or the other late rounder whose name escapes me can handle center. Think Bartu, Worilow and Spoon make a pretty decent LB trio.

How about cutting SJax and grabbing a RB in the 3rd? Got to have a balance in the offense- not 50-50 run pass, but an effective run game when it's needed.

1. DT: We need two to three of them to replace starters and add depth. I expect Peters to be re-signed and for our big name free agent to be an NT. A draft pick or two will be used to fill in the depth.

2. RG: RT is the least valuable position of the O-line and can be filled with a cheap, competent veteran. RG is the position that needs a long term solution immediately via the draft.

3. DE: We've had our fun with the various project DEs but it's time to get someone worth starting. If Clowney is available then we have to pull the trigger to get him.

Appreciate the fast replies.

My thoughts on Center (and not trying to sway opinion)

Hawley is a solid back up, and I will need to see how he handles the

pressure as teams fight us to secure a playoff spot.

Hence my delima with the 3rd round.

They just aren't going to give up on Konz after 10 games at center. Even if you think they should, just don't see it happening.

Give Konz another off season, a solid set of guards besides him and an offense with healthy skill positions, he'll look much better.

1. DT: We need two to three of them to replace starters and add depth. I expect Peters to be re-signed and for our big name free agent to be an NT. A draft pick or two will be used to fill in the depth.

2. RG: RT is the least valuable position of the O-line and can be filled with a cheap, competent veteran. RG is the position that needs a long term solution immediately via the draft.

3. DE: We've had our fun with the various project DEs but it's time to get someone worth starting. If Clowney is available then we have to pull the trigger to get him.

I agree with this. the only reason, that I'm willing to go DE in the 1st, is b/c it's Clowney. Otherwise, I'd want a dominant DT.

Every year we have a big snowball fight over this player

or that player.

I would like to hear what you think are the top 3

positions of need in the 2014 draft.

Here are mine

1 DE,

this is a very hard position to fill, Abe is gone, Osi

is aging and the Biermann is on the IR.

2 O Line,

The knee jerk reaction here is LT, but at the top of the second round

we should get a Beast at RG.

3. OLB, Safety, DT, or Center ?

I am really struggling with this round, because it

will be critical that the Falcons get it right.

Look forward to your comments.

About the same. If we go LT it'd have to me Matthews or that Michigan kid. An elite type of LT. Otherwise I'd say Clowney, Or Barr

I dint think Hageman is a t 5 guy. Nix would be but that knee injury throws a lot of risk in the equation. In the top 5, I gotta think were looking at Clowney, Matthews, Barr or Mosley.

Well in the context of the dialogue between myself and hjerry we were talking about a trade down. So I agree that Hageman is not a top 5 pick.