Ryan Should Give The Falcons A Gift

Big_Dog

I just read an article on Tom Brady, who makes less than Matt Ryan, that indicated Brady gave back some of his salary to the team in order to pay more to secure better players. Brady recognized the fact that if you can't afford good players it drags down the teams chances of winning. His theory is by giving up some salary for the teams benefit he benefits by staying a better qb. Anything given back to the team is recouped from endorsements. Matt, give some of your millions back so we can hire better players who will in turn block for you so you can return to a higher level of playing. When the team sucks, you suck and you lose games. Plain and simple economics.

Edited by big_dog

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In your case, EcoDumbnics. I am so sick of idiots talking about Ryan's contract. Get over it. He has earned his money, as Brady has before his took less. Before you go into the box and talk about the 3 Super Bowls that Brady has won. He has not won them alone. All by a FG. Call Adam V the Boss if that's the case.

I've said this a few times as well, Peyton Manning was the first to do it. I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't think about it. I mean ****, they're already rich, chopping a few million off shouldn't hurt to much. But it all depends on the type of player Matt is. Is he in it for the money or the ring. Which one outweighs the other. It was obvious why Brady and Manning did it. In the end it worked out for Manning.

Brady didnt give anything back. He restructured his contract to get less up front but got more years and more guanranteed through the later years. Matt doesnt need to give anything back. Some of you people act like its your money. He got what the market said he should have gotten. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Nope, he was greedy and now see what it's gotten him. He's playing bad and if we don,t pay more for better players he'll continue to be a result of a poorly paid line that will drag him down.

Actually the first time Brady got a new contract he was willing to take less than what he could command since the Patriots management told him they would put the savings into better players to surround him - which they did not do. He was p!ssed and started playing the usual games of player vs. management on the next go round. Your thinking is flawed in today's business of the NFL...

Brady didnt give anything back. He restructured his contract to get less up front but got more years and more guanranteed through the later years. Matt doesnt need to give anything back. Some of you people act like its your money. He got what the market said he should have gotten. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Brady contract was basically guranteed anyway unless you thought Pats were going to ever cut him soon? lol

Brady def took under market value

In your case, EcoDumbnics. I am so sick of idiots talking about Ryan's contract. Get over it. He has earned his money, as Brady has before his took less. Before you go into the box and talk about the 3 Super Bowls that Brady has won. He has not won them alone. All by a FG. Call Adam V the Boss if that's the case.

And you just made a case for the OP's original position by your own hand blink.png !

never said it was his fault, just saying he took less to get welker resigned, management didn t make that happen and brady was pissed about it.

So what does that have to do with Ryan redoing his contract. When Manning re-did his, he made it clear why he was doing it and management followed through. Matter of fact I recall Manning reworking his twice in Indy. I'm sure that our front office would more than listen if Matt gave specific demands. I wouldn't give any money up personally but that's just me.

And you just made a case for the OP's original position by your own hand blink.png !

No, you big dummy. I am saying that Brady has gotten paid over his career. For the 3 Super Bowls part, it was to block a counter of him winning, and Matt not. Brady just so happen to be the QB on those teams. The defense and a pretty good kicker won them.

I'm not sure but I think Welker took less money to go to Denver. He didn't want to be in NE

"The Patriots had been negotiating with Welker leading up to free agency, but the sides could not find common ground on a deal. Welker, 31, played under the franchise tag and a $9.5 million salary for the 2012 season and finished with a team-high 118 catches for 1,354 yards and six touchdowns."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9048556/wes-welker-agrees-terms-denver-broncos