Lavonte David / Luke Kuechly

Willy Mo

Pretty simple topic.

Two young, up and coming LBs in the NFCS who are both proving to be a force in the league.

We had this topic during the offseason, but now that we're 11 games in, I'm just wondering if you guys still feel the same.

I know Bucs fans will probably say David, and Panthers fans will probably say Luke, but I'm mostly curious to see what other rival fans have to say on the matter.

Here's their numbers so far:

Luke Kuechly

Tackles-59

Comb-93

Asst-34

Sack-1

Int- 3

LaVonte David

Tackles-70

Comb-99

Asst- 29

Sacks-5

Int-2

Me personally, I will take Kuechly. I feel he is more of a leader and field commander than David is at this point.

I'm interested to hear what the rest of you think.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason why a lot of people will take Kuechly over David is because he took a ****** Panthers defense and helped it become a top tier NFL defense. Our defense has been some what decent...we've been terrific over the run but lacked passing defense. That's why we brought in Revis and drafted Banks. David is just doing his job and getting a lot of open field tackles and pressuring the QB, is he carrying our Bucs D? Not as much as Keuchly has done over to the Panthers side.

They're both young extremely gifted players. Both of them arguably might be the best players at their respective position (and if not, almost certainly will be sooner rather than later), so you couldn't go wrong with either. You'll usually get more impact plays out of an OLB like David... I just think a MLB is more important to a defense overall seeing as they're pretty much the QB of that side of the ball, so I'm going with Luke. Doesn't hurt that he's already on my team, so I'm biased. :)

Vote in the ProBowl!

I did a few times... but that sh*t is so tedious. Then you realize there's millions of votes per player and think "Wtf is even the point?" A lot of players are gonna get in solely off name recognition regardless of it being deserving or not. *cough* Judas Peppers *cough*

CJ not getting in last year was a joke, as was Deangelo in 2008.

I did a few times... but that sh*t is so tedious. Then you realize there's millions of votes per player and think "Wtf is even the point?" A lot of players are gonna get in solely off name recognition regardless of it being deserving or not. *cough* Judas Peppers *cough*

CJ not getting in last year was a joke, as was Deangelo in 2008.

Voting?

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Pretty simple topic.

Two young, up and coming LBs in the NFCS who are both proving to be a force in the league.

We had this topic during the offseason, but now that we're 11 games in, I'm just wondering if you guys still feel the same.

I know Bucs fans will probably say David, and Panthers fans will probably say Luke, but I'm mostly curious to see what other rival fans have to say on the matter.

Here's their numbers so far:

Luke Kuechly

Tackles-59

Comb-93

Asst-34

Sack-1

Int- 3

LaVonte David

Tackles-70

Comb-99

Asst- 29

Sacks-5

Int-2

Me personally, I will take Kuechly. I feel he is more of a leader and field commander than David is at this point.

I'm interested to hear what the rest of you think.

Hardly! David calls all the defensive front in every game. I like Kuechly a lot, but I'd take David every time. While they're both stud linebackers, David is almost to the point where he can takeover games, consequently the entire defense steps it up. I suppose the same thing could be said about Kuechly, but he's not on my team, so I'll stick with Lavonte David.