Happy Thanksgiving!

Kevo

Guest fibonacci

as for how I smoked and prepped the turkey.

1. for my rub under he skin and on top.

- parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregeno, basil, bay leaf, black pepper. And then mixed with a little olive oil. (the oil helps it stick but also helps in keeping it moist from what I have witnessed).

2. then I pulled out the neck and gizards and sadly threw them away. I have my wife doing the grazy and I'm leaving her alone in doing that. (just curious anyone ever do anything else to neck and stuff? I almost thought of grilling it at raw and giing it to my Cheetah, but I decided against it. and now he hates me. So I am going to give him some brisket.

3. I placed some thick onions chunks, celery, chpped carrots, and a jalapeno into the tummy. Wondering how the Jalapeno will do.

4. the water pan has it onions, carrots, rosemary, thyme, parsley and Apple juice.

5. I put the water pan on the bottom of my vertical smoker to give it more moistness at the start. and Later I will be rotating the chips with water pan. and for my chips I used apple. used to use Hickory, but I am on a Apple kick here recently.

6. I will be cooking at 225 for 11 hours. (20 pound turkey. with 30-4 minutes each pound). as it gets closer I will bump the temperature up to 245.

Then in about 3 hours, I will be throwing my brisket in there.

and just curious but why do people throw in Sugar to the turkey for smoking? I'm not one for a black crusty skin. but figured one of y'all would know.

and then I have corn on the cob. but it stinks because I had to buy it two weeks old. something about it not in stock all that much. :P but it still looks good.

as for how I smoked and prepped the turkey.

1. for my rub under he skin and on top.

- parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregeno, basil, bay leaf, black pepper. And then mixed with a little olive oil. (the oil helps it stick but also helps in keeping it moist from what I have witnessed).

2. then I pulled out the neck and gizards and sadly threw them away. I have my wife doing the grazy and I'm leaving her alone in doing that. (just curious anyone ever do anything else to neck and stuff? I almost thought of grilling it at raw and giing it to my Cheetah, but I decided against it. and now he hates me. So I am going to give him some brisket.

3. I placed some thick onions chunks, celery, chpped carrots, and a jalapeno into the tummy. Wondering how the Jalapeno will do.

4. the water pan has it onions, carrots, rosemary, thyme, parsley and Apple juice.

5. I put the water pan on the bottom of my vertical smoker to give it more moistness at the start. and Later I will be rotating the chips with water pan. and for my chips I used apple. used to use Hickory, but I am on a Apple kick here recently.

6. I will be cooking at 225 for 11 hours. (20 pound turkey. with 30-4 minutes each pound). as it gets closer I will bump the temperature up to 245.

Then in about 3 hours, I will be throwing my brisket in there.

and just curious but why do people throw in Sugar to the turkey for smoking? I'm not one for a black crusty skin. but figured one of y'all would know.

and then I have corn on the cob. but it stinks because I had to buy it two weeks old. something about it not in stock all that much. tongue.png but it still looks good.

What the **** were you thinking....throwing the neck & gizzards out?

Guest fibonacci

What the **** were you thinking....throwing the neck & gizzards out?

I wanted it in the gravy but my wife has it covered on the gravy.

have you ever used it for any other reasons?

I wanted it in the gravy but my wife has it covered on the gravy.

have you ever used it for any other reasons?

Pretty much just the gravy, but without the neck & gizzards, the gravy just seems to be missing something.

On a side note, I didn't realize just how cheap turkey is now, my wife got us a 20 pound bird for only $12.50.

Guest fibonacci

Pretty much just the gravy, but without the neck & gizzards, the gravy just seems to be missing something.

On a side note, I didn't realize just how cheap turkey is now, my wife got us a 20 pound bird for only $12.50.

Her Gravy still has the juices of the neck and gizzards.

and I was in the same boat. I used to think it took a good 30$ to get a 15 pound turkey.