Retailers Being Open On Thanksgiving

IronBallsMcGinty

What is everyone's opinion on stores being open on Thanksgiving?

Personally, I think it sucks. I'm sure there are some retail workers who could use the extra hours (though I read recently that Wal-Mart trims hours the following week to make sure those who work holidays don't actually get a bigger paycheck), but I bet the vast majority of them would prefer to be at home with their families.

And who the **** shops on Thanksgiving anyway? I'm not opposed to the Black Friday thing (though you'll never catch my *** waiting in line outside a store at 5am), but what kind of soulless **** actually goes shopping on Turkey Day?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving day? Or last minute grocery shopping on Thanksgiving day? Never done the former, nor do I intend to. Had to do the latter several years ago at the Phenix City, AL walmart, which Silentbob can confirm is **** on earth. It's ******* awful at any given moment, but it was so terrible that day.

Like Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving day? Or last minute grocery shopping on Thanksgiving day? Never done the former, nor do I intend to. Had to do the latter several years ago at the Phenix City, AL walmart, which Silentbob can confirm is **** on earth. It's ******* awful at any given moment, but it was so terrible that day.

The former. Walmart, Target, Kmart, and others are all going to be open on Thanksgiving Day with Black Friday specials.

I've had to make a quick run to the grocery store on T-day before. Most of those seem to close early at least. One time my mom baked a whole ham with the plastic still wrapped around it and didn't realize it until the plastic was melted all over it. I had to run and find a store that was open. I think the brandy Alexander's we'd all been sipping since noon had something to do with that.

Online shopping FTW!

Now trying to guilt my wife into letting me spend 1400 on a new computer!

What you looking at? I'm thinking about getting my girl a desktop for Xmas and converting this big walk-in closet in our spare bedroom into a kickass desk/workstation for her. She's been talking about doing it for a while now and never gets around to it.

Absolutely 100% Confirmed.

I did a Black Friday sale there one time, I would rather pay double the normal retail price than ever doing that **** again.

What you looking at? I'm thinking about getting my girl a desktop for Xmas and converting this big walk-in closet in our spare bedroom into a kickass desk/workstation for her. She's been talking about doing it for a while now and never gets around to it.

building a machine... the parts come to about 1340.

https://secure.neweg...spx?ID=18193314

let me know if you can see that

Edited by lostone

No it asks me to log in to account.

I keep telling myself I'm gonna build a beastly PC, but I'm too ******* lazy and just end up buying a midrange gaming rig every few years.

It takes some time for the thing to be public, once I figure it out I will edit the post or post later.

The rig I am trying to put together should last 3 years at least. i5 processor, 16G DDR3 2400, 120GB SSD, 2TB HD, 760GTX graphics card (4GB memory). Not top top of the line, but almost there.

I hate it. I live in Rome, Ga and anyone that's been to our small town knows that it's not a shopping Mecca by any means. We have a mall that is 2/3rds empty and they're opening Thanksgiving night. My wife is planning on hitting up some outlet malls that night/Friday morning and I'm saying the **** with it to save $5.00. I'll be hitting up the interwebs for the 2 or 3 things I'm looking for.

I don't care. Why should I?

I don't care that you don't care. I'm not gonna try to sell you on the idea of basic human empathy.

At this point, you're like a little kid trying to be contrary just to get attention. Seriously, use your badge and go shake down a hooker. I guarantee it's more satisfying than conversing with a bunch of internet strangers who don't like you.