Any True Falcons Fan Would Want Us To Lose The Rest Of Our Games

bdog 29

I'm tired of seeing people getting chastised in threads for admitting that they want us to lose and get a higher draft pick. The "you want your team to win no matter what" crowd are being ridiculous and short-sighted. This team is officially out of the playoffs. If you're out of the playoffs, the only thing you have to look forward to is a good free agency draft in hopes that your team can select some of the best players possible and advance to the Superbowl. You position yourself in a better spot to get better players.

In a crap season like this, that's ultimately what it's about; not meaningless wins in a meaningless season to make millionaires feel better about themselves. What will winning out get us? A mid 1st round pick to select another Peria Jerry or Sean Weatherspoon? We'll be right back where we started if that goes down. I'd rather take my chances with a high draft pick and hope for a Matt Ryan or Julio Jones.

Last week's Saints game was the one game I wanted us to win in the past few weeks (even in our worst season I can't root for us to lose to the Saints) so I'll freely and gladly admit that I want us to lose out. It'll suck now but it'll ultimately make the team better and I feel like if you're a true fan you'll want what is ultimately best for the team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I want the Falcons to finish 2-14 and I expect them to finish 2-14 because they're terrible.

What is the benefit of finishing 5-11? Nothing. We're not a team who is rebuilding and needs wins to build confidence going into next year. We don't prove anything by finishing 5-11. Getting the second or third pick in the draft helps the Falcons in the long run WAY MORE than finishing 5-11.

Ten reasons why we shouldn't tank:

1. The team and the coaches have already said they don't want to tank

2. You can build momentum and take it into the next season. See ATL 1997 and CAR 2012

3. Tanking is for losers, quitters and sorry mofos

4. Tanking sends a bad message to the fanbase

5. Nobody wants to have spent good money on tickets, parking and travel to see a team purposely lose

6. There is no guarantee the pick we get at #1 will be better than the pick we get at #5

7. There is no guarantee a team will come knocking at our door with a trade down opportunity

8. Fans that aren't NCAA fantasy draft nuts want to see our team try to win football games

9. Tanking sends a message to potential free agents to avoid ATL like the plague

10. Tanking further dilutes the quality of NFL Football which is already in a downward trend IMO

2. You can build momentum and take it into the next season. See ATL 1997 and CAR 2012

5. Nobody wants to have spent good money on tickets, parking and travel to see a team purposely lose

6. There is no guarantee the pick we get at #1 will be better than the pick we get at #5

7. There is no guarantee a team will come knocking at our door with a trade down opportunity

8. Fans that aren't NCAA fantasy draft nuts want to see our team try to win football games

9. Tanking sends a message to potential free agents to avoid ATL like the plague

10. Tanking further dilutes the quality of NFL Football which is already in a downward trend IMO

You must not have read the thread because the word "tank" isn't used at all.

Of course no NFL team would ever tank and no player or coach wants to lose. That would never happen.

The question was - as a fan, do you want to lose and get a better draft pick or do you want meaningless wins? I'll go with the better draft pick.

1. I'm sure the team and coaches also wanted to win all of our games too. Look how that turned out.

2. I don't believe momentum carries over 200+ days. For every 97 Falcons, you have an 2011 Lions who ended well and still sucked the next season.

3. Yeah, no. That's a personal opinion. IMO losing is winning in the right situation.

4. These guys won't tank anyway, too much pride. But I personally hope they lose every game.

5. Once again I doubt the team will purposely lose (they'll probably still lose, just not on purpose). This thread is more about what I want to happen.

6. No guarantee but a better chance of that pick being better. Plus our drop won't be from #1 to #5, more like #1 to #14 and that's a drastically different slot. Dimitroff hasn't shown that he can hit on mid first rounders.

7. Don't care, if so just get who we want.

8. Fair enough. Good thing I don't really care about them.

9. Conjecture at best. I'm pretty sure money will override that.

10. Once again, not asking the team to tank. I just hope and expect them to lose.

lmao, another weak thread from a weak fan. I guess I'm not a true fan.

Glad you know. Edited by bdog 29

You must not have read the thread because the word "tank" isn't used at all.

Of course no NFL team would ever tank and no player or coach wants to lose. That would never happen.

The question was - as a fan, do you want to lose and get a better draft pick or do you want meaningless wins? I'll go with the better draft pick.

The question should be if you consider your self a fan would you ever want your team to lose? The answer is hail no. If you want your team to lose you are the epidemy of the suck azz fan Atlanta fans are constantly accused of being.

There is an difference . People don't understand this

If you are rooting for the Falcons to lose . You are not a fan . You can see a silver lining for an loss but as a fan you should want Falcons to win EVERY GAME . If you are rooting for them to lose

that's where issue is . I have seen people say it here they want us to lose out and that's the issue . Best bet as a fan is to root for the team to win but don't get let down with an loss

The question should be if you consider your self a fan would you ever want your team to lose? The answer is hail no. If you want your team to lose you are the epidemy of the suck azz fan Atlanta fans are constantly accused of being.

I want the team to have a better chance at winning in the future. You want the Falcons to have a better regular season record in a meaningless regular season.

How about this? I hope the Falcons win every game, but I also hope the Jags, Vikings, Redskins, Bucs, and Texans win every game too.

I guess this guy is a Bills fan this week. and a Packers fan next week.

Baseball teams do it all the time. ALL THE TIME. When a season is completely lost, like this one is for the Falcons, they'll trade some good players for prospects. They give up on a losing situation to help the team in the future.

But I guess that kind of progressive thinking is lost on you. Nothing would make you happier than finishing 6-10 with the 12th pick in the draft, instead of the 2nd or 3rd pick.

There is an difference . People don't understand this

If you are rooting for the Falcons to lose . You are not a fan . You can see a silver lining for an loss but as a fan you should want Falcons to win EVERY GAME . If you are rooting for them to lose

that's where issue is . I have seen people say it here they want us to lose out and that's the issue . Best bet as a fan is to root for the team to win but don't get let down with an loss

You're right and that's my mentality in a typical game, but at this point what will winning really do? Look I want my team to win a Superbowl. It's not going to happen this year no matter how much we win. So I'm looking forward to next season and I want us to be in the best position to win the Superbowl next season. That means we have to keep losing in this season.

Maybe I have a different mindset from everyone else but to me, the ultimate goal is a Superbowl win. Every other win before that is only working towards that goal. So if you're out of the Superbowl race, the only thing I want to happen is whatever sets us up for the next Superbowl.

Baseball teams do it all the time. ALL THE TIME. When a season is completely lost, like this one is for the Falcons, they'll trade some good players for prospects. They give up on a losing situation to help the team in the future.

But I guess that kind of progressive thinking is lost on you. Nothing would make you happier than finishing 6-10 with the 12th pick in the draft, instead of the 2nd or 3rd pick.

Thank you brother, some people are so short-sighted. Edited by bdog 29

Well smak my avatar and call me tanker boy too.

Tanking comes in a variety and there is one variety that I really like

and I hope Smitty stays true to his course.

The season is Roached!

This a perfect year to give the youth and depth chart players plenty of

playing time, which is also known as Game Time Experience.

I do not care how talented a player is, because when you come under

Live Fire with the bullets flying, you will never learn to manage

Perceptual Narrowing, and that my fine feathered fiend is exactly

what this team needs in order to build the ranks for the 2014 Season.

I know this First Hand from real Life or Death Situations, because when the

Shyt hits the fan you never know how you are going to react and the only

way to manage this is with constant training and practice as if it was for real,

because when it happens you will calmly react as if it were just a drill.

Experience is the Great Teacher, and you can Bank on it!

Fraternally

Tanker Boy

I don't give two ***** about baseball. I want my team to win so we don't look like a complete ******* joke of a 2-14 team. The Panthers were 2-8 at one point last season. Did they tank? No, they went 5-1 the rest of the season, built some momentum, and look at them now.

This weak mentality of wanting us to lose for next year is why this fanbase has such a bad reputation.

Thank you brother, some people are so short-sighted.

Of course it all depends on what TD does with the pick. But if we get Clowney and he turns into Bruce Smith, I'll be happy. Maybe in 2017 when Clowney (or whoever) is terrorizing the league they'll still have their sad faces on because we lost 14 games in 2014.

1. The team and the coaches have already said they don't want to tank. They won't say they are tanking even if they were.

2. You can build momentum and take it into the next season. See ATL 1997 and CAR 2012 See KC 2012

3. Tanking is for losers, quitters and sorry mofos This is not High School football. Draft position is worth its weight in gold.

4. Tanking sends a bad message to the fanbase. Yeah ti sends a message.. that we want to get a playmaker to help our horrendous line.

5. Nobody wants to have spent good money on tickets, parking and travel to see a team purposely lose. More people will spend money to see a high profile draftee than an team hoping to win a game or two.

6. There is no guarantee the pick we get at #1 will be better than the pick we get at #5. In this draft it can be the difference between a great player and a decent player.

7. There is no guarantee a team will come knocking at our door with a trade down opportunity. Agreed

8. Fans that aren't NCAA fantasy draft nuts want to see our team try to win football games. When there is nothing to gain by it other than more injuries & pride what is the point?

9. Tanking sends a message to potential free agents to avoid ATL like the plague. The one point you make that is the dumbest I have heard. FA look at the money.

10. Tanking further dilutes the quality of NFL Football which is already in a downward trend IMO. Yeah because the "Quality" of football this team has put out the past 11 weeks has been stellar.

How exactly do I cheer for a team to lose? What purpose is there in watching the Falcons if I want them to lose? And why do I suddenly have such a clear idea for the NFL version of the movie Major League?

You don't have to cheer for them to lose. They're probably going to do that anyway.

Just cheer for some of the young guys to get put in and hope they do well. That's what I'm doing. That and laughing at how pathetic this o line is.