Cam Newton Hosts Thanksgiving Meal For 700 Kids And Their Families

Born A-Ginn

The Cam Newton Foundation had their 2nd annual “Cam’s Thanksgiving Jam” at the Fillmore in the NC Music Factory on Monday night. Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was center stage hyping up the crowd and helping serve a Thanksgiving meal to over 700 underprivileged kids and family members in the Charlotte Metro area.

Alongside his parents and younger brother, Cam Newton interacting with the crowd and even got up on stage and danced with the kids and grown adults!

The kids and families came from Second Harvest Food Bank’s Kids Café Sites around our area. In SHFB’s 19 county region of North and South Carolina, there are over 180,000 children living in poverty. The Food Bank’s Kids Café Program provides nutritious meals and snacks to at risk children throughout our region. Sites include Boys and Girls Clubs, YWCAs and low-income after-school programs. The Food Bank sponsors 44 Kids Café sites in the Metrolina Region.

In the interview above, Cam opens up to the media about his love of giving back to the community and making these kids a reason to smile and have fun when he’s both on and off the football field.

It might be a rough Thanksgiving for Cam this year in that his food diet consists of mainly a pescitarian diet of fish and other seafood.

“It’s been challenging at times especially being around in the locker room and gets guys eating hot wings, nachos, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.”

And when asked what he ate down in Miami, Florida winning his 7th straight game in a row, he said he “had some great Dolphin.”

Watch his interview with WPEG Power 98′s Yasmin Young from the “Morning Maddhouse” below as she talks with Cam about how kids can handle bullying in schools, his music tastes & affection for video games, and importance of getting an education while excelling in the classroom. Who would have thought that Cam’s Dre Beats before a game would have a mix of hip-hop, Maroon 5, and The Fray!

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/11/25/cam-newton-reveals-pescitarian-diet-at-his-thanksgiving-charity-event-enjoys-great-dolphin/

Keep doin' you, Cam.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cam Newton Foundation had their 2nd annual “Cam’s Thanksgiving Jam” at the Fillmore in the NC Music Factory on Monday night. Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was center stage hyping up the crowd and helping serve a Thanksgiving meal to over 700 underprivileged kids and family members in the Charlotte Metro area.

Alongside his parents and younger brother, Cam Newton interacting with the crowd and even got up on stage and danced with the kids and grown adults!

The kids and families came from Second Harvest Food Bank’s Kids Café Sites around our area. In SHFB’s 19 county region of North and South Carolina, there are over 180,000 children living in poverty. The Food Bank’s Kids Café Program provides nutritious meals and snacks to at risk children throughout our region. Sites include Boys and Girls Clubs, YWCAs and low-income after-school programs. The Food Bank sponsors 44 Kids Café sites in the Metrolina Region.

In the interview above, Cam opens up to the media about his love of giving back to the community and making these kids a reason to smile and have fun when he’s both on and off the football field.

It might be a rough Thanksgiving for Cam this year in that his food diet consists of mainly a pescitarian diet of fish and other seafood.

“It’s been challenging at times especially being around in the locker room and gets guys eating hot wings, nachos, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.”

And when asked what he ate down in Miami, Florida winning his 7th straight game in a row, he said he “had some great Dolphin.”

Watch his interview with WPEG Power 98′s Yasmin Young from the “Morning Maddhouse” below as she talks with Cam about how kids can handle bullying in schools, his music tastes & affection for video games, and importance of getting an education while excelling in the classroom. Who would have thought that Cam’s Dre Beats before a game would have a mix of hip-hop, Maroon 5, and The Fray!

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/11/25/cam-newton-reveals-pescitarian-diet-at-his-thanksgiving-charity-event-enjoys-great-dolphin/

Keep doin' you, Cam.

D@mn, what an @sshole huh?

you guys got to understand i talk alot of sh*t on this board but its nothin personal all in good fun.....that said i really got alot of respect for all your teams........and even for cam newton....this is a good story, a heart warming story.....cam is also comming into his own on the field ....he is in a zone right now....

my only question to panther fans is this, after the last 2 weeks....are you still scoffing at ryans 22 game winning drives?

You cannot help yourself can you ole pirate arse?

Good for Cam and good for the kids and their families. WFW is starting to be impressed with the growth that Cam as a person has shown this season. If he keeps this up the football prowess with follow. The panthers then become a major force in the NFCS for years to come much to WFW dismay and chagrin!cool.png

Ahhhh, it looks like somebody's getting in the holiday spirit. Nice....

Humility fits you.wink.png

you guys got to understand i talk alot of sh*t on this board but its nothin personal all in good fun.....that said i really got alot of respect for all your teams........and even for cam newton....this is a good story, a heart warming story.....cam is also comming into his own on the field ....he is in a zone right now....

my only question to panther fans is this, after the last 2 weeks....are you still scoffing at ryans 22 game winning drives?

Nobody scoffs at Matty regular season success.

I'll say it again Ryan is a good QB. He still needs to prove he is great like some Falcon fans say he is.

The only problem people have with Ryan is his fans. Who scoff at comparison to similar QB like (Romo, Rivers, and Flacco) or overvalue his achievements.

Nobody says he's not a good QB.

Nobody scoffs at Matty regular season success.

I'll say it again Ryan is a good QB. He still needs to prove he is great like some Falcon fans say he is.

The only problem people have with Ryan is his fans. Who scoff at comparison to similar QB like (Romo, Rivers, and Flacco) or overvalue his achievements.

Nobody says he's not a good QB.

True, he's just not nearly as good as Falcon fans like to present him as.

And acts like a bigger ***** than WFL.

Really?? Some people really need to get their priorities in order.

He works hard, hasn't been in trouble with the law since being 17, spends his free time working with kids and charitable groups, and actually treats the game with the fondness and love we want all players to do. But because he wears his emotions outwardly and celebrates. He is a blank to some people.

Really?? Some people really need to get their priorities in order.

He works hard, hasn't been in trouble with the law since being 17, spends his free time working with kids and charitable groups, and actually treats the game with the fondness and love we want all players to do. But because he wears his emotions outwardly and celebrates. He is a blank to some people.

So? He deserves a medal for never being trouble? I'm just saying his on the field hot dogging makes him look like a complete Doucherag.

I would think as a rival, you'd be able to understand that.

So? He deserves a medal for never being trouble? I'm just saying his on the field hot dogging makes him look like a complete Doucherag.

I would think as a rival, you'd be able to understand that.

To you and your preconceived notion of how a player should act.

But I bet you had no problem cheering when Warren Sapp was shaking his *** and doing sack dances. When he made a good play.

Pretty much the whole Dominate Dline was hotdogs.

Sapp, Rice and Bogger. But I bet you had no problem with that.

And you might want to get uses to this new age football player because I promise there will be more Deion, Sapp types then Barry Sanders types.

Edited by Rewind

To you and your preconceived notion of how a player should act.

But I bet you had no problem cheering when Warren Sapp was shaking his *** and doing sack dances. When he made a good play.

EXACTLY! I can understand how that would get under opponents skin, but at the same time, he wasn't referring to himself as super human when he made a big play, as Cammy likes to do.

Pretty much the whole Dominate Dline was hotdogs.

Sapp, Rice and Booger.

I can see how a rival would think that. Which is why I can't understand why you take exception to what rivals say about Cam and his hot dogging on the field.

So it's okay......as long as the player is in a Panthers uniform? Do you have any idea how much you sound like a Falcons fan?laugh.png

EXACTLY! I can understand how that would get under opponents skin, but at the same time, he wasn't referring to himself as super human when he made a big play, as Cammy likes to do.

Are you serious? ?

Sapp self promoted himself more then any Dlinemen in history.

Do you not remember the whole battle he started because he didn't want to give Kris Jenkins any credit for being up and coming. Then his whole public criticism of Raiders coaches and FO when he was there.

Stop trying to make concessions for a player you like who was just as much of a hotdog as Cam is.

I can see how a rival would think that. Which is why I can't understand why you take exception to what rivals say about Cam and his hot dogging on the field.

So it's okay......as long as the player is in a Panthers uniform? Do you have any idea how much you sound like a Falcons fan?laugh.png

Have you ever heard of the word hypocrite??

Hypocrite - to dog a player for doing the same thing a player I loved did.

You have admitted that you can see how rivals can look down on players (you liked) but have no problem with you doing the same thing to rivals players.

You sound more like a falcon hypocrite who does the same thing when they loved Dieon for doing it.

Have you ever heard of the word hypocrite??

Hypocrite - to dog a player for doing the same thing a player I loved did.

You have admitted that you can see how rivals can look down on players (you liked) but have no problem with you doing the same thing to rivals players.

You sound more like a falcon hypocrite who does the same thing when they loved Dieon for doing it.

Yeah? While I'm sure you're a huge Rae Carruth fan, I'll leave this argument so you can hopefully cool down before you start your Go Kill Yourself statements.

Love Yawub.png