Its So Evident Its Time For A Real Coach To Come To Atlanta.

Guest Cally307a

Guest Cally307a

We look like the redskins, only our players dont actively admit they dont agree with the coaches play calling..they just feel it..........................a few players playing for contracts and a few others for their spots next year but ultimately a huge group of people that don't care anymore, have lost the overall belief in the process................i cant blame them, i lost it after last years back to back record breaking blown leads in the playoffs. Its like the first one happened just to teach us how to play the next game and yet no wisdom from the coaching staff to buckle up and handle the business. I can't even feel bad because it was all ours for the taking

Had we had a coach that had a clue how to win in the big game we win that one and most likely roll to the big dance......and right on to the lombardi........................instead here we are fighting for the number one pick,

I have never been so certain that a coach is not the answer as I am with smitty and i just don't understand how anyone could route to keep him just because he's had a positive record for 5 straight years. Of course during that time the success has had nothing to do with 3 first round wr being drafted, a franchise qb, a number of top tier free agents being brought in, its all smitty.........yet his skill set is in defense, and our defense oddly enough has been the most terrible part of this team aside from the coaching..................................many moment proved themselves way to large for this guy, including just using timeouts wisely, going for it in good spots on fourth down, and challenging when you cant and not challenging when we need too.

He continues to force the smitty ball issue on a squad built like the modern day patriots, high score and make a few stops on defense and you win most the time. Instead the only time we play with any urgency is the scripted 15 and then when there are 2 possession left in the game and we trail?

There isn't the slightest visual evidence that any adjustments are made at half on either side of the ball which is why we cant score in the second half.............because the defense adjusts to us and we stay the same. Its so obvious to me......................

On top of they never use our weapons, we have HD rotting away until and injury and now he puts up julio numbers..............imagine if they could have figured that out 3 years ago like i begged and pleaded them too and come out in 4 and 5 wide sets.

They have taken 5 plus top end FA and brought them here only to fail miserably and half dont even make the team the following year....................talk about coaching em up

Im not satisfied with mediocrity.......I wouldnt trade our offense for another team outside of maybe the broncos and we don't even make use of it...............We don't because we don't know how too. Matt Ryans Playcalling in the no huddle proves the fact as we rip up the field pretty easily everytime we need too, we don't lead the leagues in gamewinning opportunities at the end because we have good coaching, we do that because we have bad coaching

God i cant even stand his pressers because it shows me how clueless he is.............Its always Mistakes, Explosive plays, execution.............................how about just go suit up and be what you are on sunday, more talented than every other team.....If the execution need be so perfect that its causing you grief and failure, then simplify it dummy.....................line up and beat some man coverage, which is what we actually do when we have to on the last drive which is why its so successful then............its just football and its necessary............if all plays were given such importance we would win by 40 every week.

No injuries didn't do this, 5 years of let down, failure, repetitive pressers and excuses and fingers of blame to execution and now we don't believe you ...........after all what have you done? NOTHING

your defense is god awful and thats your specialty,, why would i believe in you for anything much less the other side of the results................i think you hold us back, In fact i know it. Take of the training wheels, get a real coach in here unleash our new number one overall pick, our new defense, new stadium, and new winning swagger and attitude all at once...............it will be magicalB

Bring back this BS for another year and Ill just say i told you so............Something I have said far too many times in the past 3 years..............................what do we have to lose that we havent already the OTHER 2 games? Big whooopty

The only thing resilient out here anymore is the resiliency of doing the same things over and over while expecting different results, Resilient Insanity

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1966-2007, zero consecutive winning seasons. 2008-2009, consecutive winning seasons.

Not to mention the least penalized team in football (until this perfect storm of injuries).

In other words, you're an idiot if you think Smith deserves to be fired after one un-lucky season. The answer is a fresh start, a top draft pick, lots of cap to work with, and some other smaller coaching changes (O-line, D-line). I will remember this post, and you will be reminded of how very wrong you are.

Have you ever heard of a guy named Jimmy Johnson? He's the only example I can think of off the top of my head, but when Jerry Jones hired this guy, (who had never been an NFl head coach) the Cowboys did absolutely terrible his first couple of seasons, yet the team stuck with him, and they won superbowls. There are several other great examples, but I'm too lazy to google them.

Solution isn't always change, you have to establish consistency and longevity in this league. We've got ourselves one **** of a ball coach that half of the teams in this league would kill for.

Last but not least, you're wasting your breath. Our owner, and general manager have assured us Smitty's job is safe. So have fun pulling your hair out over something that isn't going to change. tongue.png

the coordinators have already been fired once and Smith got his pick and they're just as bad as the ones before. head coaches do not often get to do that twice in todays league.

smith is not a bad coach and the falcons should be grateful for what he's done but he's not a good fit anymore.

also always take what owners say with a grain of salt. last time jerry jones said his coaches job was safe he fired him 4 days later. the same thing happens all the time. usually its months instead of 4 days.

in the last quarter of the season when asked about smittys job what is he supposed to say? his butt is gone at the end of the season? no any owner is going to lie at this point.

we'll see what happens when the seasons over

Guest Cally307a

Ya know what else is funny, Watching mike smiths idol lose after being up 21 points in the second half.........................SMitty Del Rio JR the third its a jax thing to just be a loser

Guest Cally307a

1966-2007, zero consecutive winning seasons. 2008-2009, consecutive winning seasons.

Not to mention the least penalized team in football (until this perfect storm of injuries).

In other words, you're an idiot if you think Smith deserves to be fired after one un-lucky season. The answer is a fresh start, a top draft pick, lots of cap to work with, and some other smaller coaching changes (O-line, D-line). I will remember this post, and you will be reminded of how very wrong you are.

Have you ever heard of a guy named Jimmy Johnson? He's the only example I can think of off the top of my head, but when Jerry Jones hired this guy, (who had never been an NFl head coach) the Cowboys did absolutely terrible his first couple of seasons, yet the team stuck with him, and they won superbowls. There are several other great examples, but I'm too lazy to google them.

Solution isn't always change, you have to establish consistency and longevity in this league. We've got ourselves one **** of a ball coach that half of the teams in this league would kill for.

Last but not least, you're wasting your breath. Our owner, and general manager have assured us Smitty's job is safe. So have fun pulling your hair out over something that isn't going to change. tongue.png

We didnt have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Gonzo , RW and Burner/SJAX, HD during those years or we wouldnt have had losing seasons..................Name a team with this talent thats having losing seasons?

WE have had4 losing seasons in my opinion, We got blown out in the second season all 4 times ya know the ones that matter

Our defense has never gotten better, our offense is running itself with talent..............scott effin Tolzeens is winning more games than us, kellen clemons, fitzpatrick, campbell look at the teams alone minus their qb, this isnt unlucky or injuries, this is a terrible process minus the studs that have made smitty look good over the years.........Theres no excuse for this other than terrible coaching

Guest Cally307a

I got a few words for you buddy

In this NFL the games are always going to be close

I would never let a coach that said that run my team, NEVER

In his mind the games are always so close that mistakes make or break you borderline paranoid schitzefrania....................go kick some ***...............NAH lets just build a new stadium for the Jacksonville Falcons..............

2 more years of not getting the outcome...............like its a flippin scratch off or something.........its football you dont get outcomes you create them.

the breaks we got last year we arent getting them this year........................like its based on happenstance........loser talk

Dirk Koetter, Jesus, Seriously and let nolan run the 3-4, quit forcing people to do things they arent good at.......ALA dunta in zone Smitty is too stubborn to adapt its how he sees it everything else is wrong

Id rather lose 8 games a year and build a team then win 12 and get donked like idiots from the playoffs round one every year and listen to smitty conferences. He is the worst, just the words he stresses in his pressers lead me to believe they spend enormous amounts of energy on the small minutia thats draining this team.....................just line up and play ball, penalties, yeah dont commit them, next topic, like seriously how about scoring when your in the redzone, did you forget that while focusing on the resiliency factor, and the penalty pad practice sessions................and did you really blame it on not getting enough practice this year because of the league. The whole league has the same rules

I just hate this guy, i hate how the homer love infatuation with this guy who has done nothing other than come after vick and quitrino, luck into a star studded job and now hes crowned the reason...............i think its the opposite, I think hes the roadblock to our bigger and better things and severely limiting our potential, our learning and growth as a team. we have so many top prospects, and top fa that fall off when they come here, other guys that never get better. The biggest improvement IN ALL HONESTY THIS MAY HURT SOME BUTTS

BUT THE ONLY TIME I FELT ANY FALCONS WERE COACHED UP ON THIS TEAM THE LEAST BIT WAS WHEN GONZO GOT HERE

I THINK HE DID MORE IN TWO YEARS THAN SMITTY COULD FATHOM IN A LIFETIME

Edited by Cally307a

Ya know what else is funny, Watching mike smiths idol lose after being up 21 points in the second half.........................SMitty Del Rio JR the third its a jax thing to just be a loser

An interesting point Del Rio pointed out. For the longest, his coaching style has been if you're the starter you stay the starter no matter how bad you play....It wasn't until recently that that Del Rio finally changed this philosophy of his (saw this fact while watching the dev/ne game).

The point is MS comes from the same tree, thus MS has the same mind set. However, the light isn't there yet to put the best player on the field. Which probably explains why Decoud, and other players who are under performing, are still starting

Smitty has earned another year.

However, I'm not blind. There are and have been several systemic flaws that he is responsible for. His ceiling isn't the SB unless EVERYTHING goes right because he's not a superior gameday coach and has to compensate by discipline and preparation.

We would be better off with certain coaches, yes. But not just any coach, and it's foolish to axe Smitty unless you know without a doubt you can upgrade.

He just doen't have that spark with the players.. Smitty can not fire up a locker room, he lacks heart and that ish matters alot. His locker room speech after the divisional playoff win last year was pathetic.. You would think he would have gotten pumped for his 1st playoff win.. I feel as if he regulates Matt 2 much as well. Hopefully no moves will b made until they have a sure fire replacement. Dont bring in any "hot" college coach, at least someone with leauge experience. Smitty will get another year to prove himself, he is a good coach, but not the coach to take us all the way IMO

Edited by A-TOWNnDOWN

Mike smith is a Joke. The falcons will remain a joke until he is gone. Don't give me his regular season bs. He has been able to beat average and below teams. ANY time he comes up against a top team that is well coached, I.E. The playoffs, he gets embarrassed. The talent on the team has carried Mike in previous years. We are seeing what happens when the guy actually has to coach up the team. He doesn't know how. Coaching and mike smith go together like oil and water.

We look like the redskins, only our players dont actively admit they dont agree with the coaches play calling..they just feel it..........................a few players playing for contracts and a few others for their spots next year but ultimately a huge group of people that don't care anymore, have lost the overall belief in the process................i cant blame them, i lost it after last years back to back record breaking blown leads in the playoffs. Its like the first one happened just to teach us how to play the next game and yet no wisdom from the coaching staff to buckle up and handle the business. I can't even feel bad because it was all ours for the taking

Had we had a coach that had a clue how to win in the big game we win that one and most likely roll to the big dance......and right on to the lombardi........................instead here we are fighting for the number one pick,

I have never been so certain that a coach is not the answer as I am with smitty and i just don't understand how anyone could route to keep him just because he's had a positive record for 5 straight years. Of course during that time the success has had nothing to do with 3 first round wr being drafted, a franchise qb, a number of top tier free agents being brought in, its all smitty.........yet his skill set is in defense, and our defense oddly enough has been the most terrible part of this team aside from the coaching..................................many moment proved themselves way to large for this guy, including just using timeouts wisely, going for it in good spots on fourth down, and challenging when you cant and not challenging when we need too.

He continues to force the smitty ball issue on a squad built like the modern day patriots, high score and make a few stops on defense and you win most the time. Instead the only time we play with any urgency is the scripted 15 and then when there are 2 possession left in the game and we trail?

There isn't the slightest visual evidence that any adjustments are made at half on either side of the ball which is why we cant score in the second half.............because the defense adjusts to us and we stay the same. Its so obvious to me......................

On top of they never use our weapons, we have HD rotting away until and injury and now he puts up julio numbers..............imagine if they could have figured that out 3 years ago like i begged and pleaded them too and come out in 4 and 5 wide sets.

They have taken 5 plus top end FA and brought them here only to fail miserably and half dont even make the team the following year....................talk about coaching em up

Im not satisfied with mediocrity.......I wouldnt trade our offense for another team outside of maybe the broncos and we don't even make use of it...............We don't because we don't know how too. Matt Ryans Playcalling in the no huddle proves the fact as we rip up the field pretty easily everytime we need too, we don't lead the leagues in gamewinning opportunities at the end because we have good coaching, we do that because we have bad coaching

God i cant even stand his pressers because it shows me how clueless he is.............Its always Mistakes, Explosive plays, execution.............................how about just go suit up and be what you are on sunday, more talented than every other team.....If the execution need be so perfect that its causing you grief and failure, then simplify it dummy.....................line up and beat some man coverage, which is what we actually do when we have to on the last drive which is why its so successful then............its just football and its necessary............if all plays were given such importance we would win by 40 every week.

No injuries didn't do this, 5 years of let down, failure, repetitive pressers and excuses and fingers of blame to execution and now we don't believe you ...........after all what have you done? NOTHING

your defense is god awful and thats your specialty,, why would i believe in you for anything much less the other side of the results................i think you hold us back, In fact i know it. Take of the training wheels, get a real coach in here unleash our new number one overall pick, our new defense, new stadium, and new winning swagger and attitude all at once...............it will be magicalB

Bring back this BS for another year and Ill just say i told you so............Something I have said far too many times in the past 3 years..............................what do we have to lose that we havent already the OTHER 2 games? Big whooopty

The only thing resilient out here anymore is the resiliency of doing the same things over and over while expecting different results, Resilient Insanity

Let me point out some things to you, ok.

Harry Douglas got his chance to play when Michael Jenkins went out for some games in 2010. HD did not do so well, in fact posters here could not wait to get Jenkins back (so they could complain about him again, I guess...). HD's failure to capitalize on his opportunity helped lead to the Julio trade.

Koetter was hailed as being just what this team needed by most posters here, last season. He brought in some screen plays, and made do with an overall very average run game except for a few games, including the playoffs, where our O line played inspired ball. And now Koetter isn't a good coach? Who would be, with an O line as putrid as the one we have?

And to blame our O line woes solely on our coaches isn't accurate. Holmes admitted to showing up out of shape to play. Manley was terribly out of shape. And there is a real question as to whether our O linemen have the temperament and\or ability to play in the NFL. Surely Smitty is partly to blame, but only partly.

The salary cap messed us up this year too, leading us to releasing several contributors who have not been adequately replaced.

In the end, it is up to the players to do thier jobs well enough for us to win. No one can tell me our O line has done that job, I am sure our coaches did not coach Holme's sloppy footwork or Konz lunging, and missing, defenders. Our D is coached by one of the best D coords around, but he cannot make players get out there and play well and tackle right.

You could make a list of former coords and HCs who got fired, only to see this team play worse under a new coord while the old coords go on to be successful at other places. One example is Cincy, where Mike Zimmer (I think his first name is Mike) heads up a dynamic D with good players on it.

I think, after this season, at some point its time someone, preferably Smitty, looks players in the eye and tells them to either get serious about playing or get lost. Because I do not think some of our younger guys, and a few of our vets, understand this.

We have coaches who have proven they can win games, even in the playoffs. Some of our players especially some young guys, have proven they can lose. Lets get rid of the players instead of the coaches.

Because it took over 40 years for us to find coaches who can win with the Falcons. The last time we fired a coach who did not win enough, this team did not reach the playoffs again for 9 years. I do not want that, neither does anyone else.

Edited by egoprime II

AHhh good old redundancy. Without it we might talk about something meaningful. Being a bunch of broken records is cool with yall though so keep it up....lol

Like a Smith press conference we will drive the point home repeatedly. over, and over, and over, and over. We have been programmed for redundancy. We will continue this "process" until mike smith is fired.

Edited by Falcons Rage

Instead of making a major coaching change I would prefer the front office do whatever it takes to get OL talent. Scout it, sign the best FA, and draft a smart physical lineman. Get a proven OL coach. There is no doubt in my mind that if the Falcons can get a good offensive line, then nothing will stop our offense. Even with TG retiring, I still think we will have a great offense if the OL gets new real talent. The poor to average OL's this team has fielded has held this team back for a along time and now there is no question about it. TD has to make something happen for the OL now.

Smitty is not coaching well this year IMO, but I don't think we cut him loose yet. He can get us a ring, but he is going to need what every good team has, and that is a good OL. It's been said to death, but if we fix it, then it will make both the offense and defense more successful.

You wanna go 5 wide with this o line, go right ahead. Matt says you play Q.B.on this play coach.

Thank you OP for explaining to these Smitty / TD apologists how bad the coaching and management really is here. You hit it bang on and I agree fully with your assessment of this mess. I have said in other posts that TD and SMITTY have a huge problem, they need to win to save their job so a PROPER REBUILD THAT SHOULD BE DONE IN STAGES WILL NOT HAPPEN HERE. We are in for a TD/Smith patch job to try to fix everything at once and it will be more of the same , WIN OR GET FIRED that's their option so what do all you MS / TD think is going to happen ????? We will have a low draft pick a couple of rookies and a bunch of the same mediocre scrubs that we are watching lose every week right now. If you people think a healthy Julio, and Clowney are the missing links to our Lombardi you are dreaming ......Artie is making a HUGE mistake keeping these clowns in charge, HUGE.

Mike smith is a Joke. The falcons will remain a joke until he is gone. Don't give me his regular season bs. He has been able to beat average and below teams. ANY time he comes up against a top team that is well coached, I.E. The playoffs, he gets embarrassed. The talent on the team has carried Mike in previous years. We are seeing what happens when the guy actually has to coach up the team. He doesn't know how. Coaching and mike smith go together like oil and water.

I like this