Clean Old Fashion Hate? Yeah Right

Des-pool

Nothing about this "rivalry" feels clean anymore. Over the last ten years, I have looked forward to this game less and less. Tech has real issues being competitive in today's college recruiting, and their fan base seems to get more bitter and bitter. A lot of my friends are tech graduates, and their hope on their program is pretty nil, and their hate for Uga hitting ridiculous extremes. Most wish they didn't have the game on the schedule anymore, and I am starting to agree with them. Tradition be damned, do we really need this game on our schedule anymore?

Nothing about this "rivalry" feels clean anymore. Over the last ten years, I have looked forward to this game less and less. Tech has real issues being competitive in today's college recruiting, and their fan base seems to get more bitter and bitter. A lot of my friends are tech graduates, and their hope on their program is pretty nil, and their hate for Uga hitting ridiculous extremes. Most wish they didn't have the game on the schedule anymore, and I am starting to agree with them. Tradition be damned, do we really need this game on our schedule anymore?

Well to be honest cpj kinda did this to himself. He is arrogant and he thinks he is saban and gt is Bama. His recruiting tactics aren't favorable when recruiting HS kids and he runs an offense that is out dated and not many kids see an NFL future with. If tech fans are happy with him I assure you UGA fans don't have a problem with him staying forever. But if gt wants to get back into the national picture they need to find a new coach.

I still care about it. Remember what it felt like when they pulled off that improbably comeback at Sanford a few years ago? Remember having to hear those fans talk trash and talk up Paul Johnson for the next few years?

I know what you mean though. It's far from a great rivalry at this point ... I'd actually put it around 4th or 5th on our list of rivalries.

My grandfather is as big a Tech fan as you'll find. He can give you the score and synopsis of every Georgia / Tech game ever played (he's been to many of them), and even he told me last year he wishes this game would end. I was surprised to hear him say that given his knowledge of the history of the game, but the reality is it's not close anymore and the game does nothing for Tech.

Tech made a huge mistake locking up Johnson after they won the ACC. They're stuck with him for the time being.

Edited by DawgBone

Firing CPJ now would probably hurt Tech more than anything. They're entire offensive talent was obviously recruited for the triple option. A new coach would have to basically rebuild the roster to fit a more modern offense.

yep it would take at least a few years to undo what cpj has done to their personnel.

Firing CPJ now would probably hurt Tech more than anything. They're entire offensive talent was obviously recruited for the triple option. A new coach would have to basically rebuild the roster to fit a more modern offense.

The sooner the better. CPJ isn't going to come to his senses anytime soon and all he does is hurt Tech now. The roster is only going to get worse under him along with the results. Fire him now and move on to a coach that will start recruiting for a system that kids actually want to play in. Tech will still offer something many cannot, a good academic experience, valuable degree, WHILE PLAYING RIGHT HERE AT HOME. Their are many more kids that would love to take advantage of that than can fit in UGA's class.

If Tech doesn't make a move soon both Southern and more importantly Georgia State are going to pass them up and at that point, they may as well drop to 1-AA because they will never recover. State really is a legitimate big, BIG time threat to Tech right now on this front.

The sooner the better. CPJ isn't going to come to his senses anytime soon and all he does is hurt Tech now. The roster is only going to get worse under him along with the results. Fire him now and move on to a coach that will start recruiting for a system that kids actually want to play in. Tech will still offer something many cannot, a good academic experience, valuable degree, WHILE PLAYING RIGHT HERE AT HOME. Their are many more kids that would love to take advantage of that than can fit in UGA's class.

If Tech doesn't make a move soon both Southern and more importantly Georgia State are going to pass them up and at that point, they may as well drop to 1-AA because they will never recover. State really is a legitimate big, BIG time threat to Tech right now on this front.

KSU is going to be a bigger threat to both of them.

100% agree. Why keep dealing with the death of 1000 cuts? Go ahead and get it over with and find a new coach and rebuild. cpj is digging that program into a deeper and deeper hole.

100% agree. Why keep dealing with the death of 1000 cuts? Go ahead and get it over with and find a new coach and rebuild. cpj is digging that program into a deeper and deeper hole.

They can't practically. They blew their wad when he won the ACC (with Gailey's guys when Miami, Clemson, FSU, VT were all down, mind you) and locked him into a ridiculous contract. The AD literally doesn't have the cash to cut ties with Johnson now and still bring anyone worthwhile. I'd say the earliest they can is after 2014 and more likely after 2015. They're in a really bad predicament.

They can't practically. They blew their wad when he won the ACC (with Gailey's guys when Miami, Clemson, FSU, VT were all down, mind you) and locked him into a ridiculous contract. The AD literally doesn't have the cash to cut ties with Johnson now and still bring anyone worthwhile. I'd say the earliest they can is after 2014 and more likely after 2015. They're in a really bad predicament.

It sucks, but it has to happen soon. They don't have long, they need to already be rebounding before GSU, etc start garnering any traction or it is going to be a much more difficult climb. I don't think they feel it is as dire as I do, but it is a matter of spending the money now or causing major, longterm damage to your football program.

It sucks, but it has to happen soon. They don't have long, they need to already be rebounding before GSU, etc start garnering any traction or it is going to be a much more difficult climb. I don't think they feel it is as dire as I do, but it is a matter of spending the money now or causing major, longterm damage to your football program.

GSU runs the same triple option as Tech and will probably do so for quite some time. GSU just has a better defense. CPJ is capable of running other offenses as well, he's just kind of stubborn and wants to prove this can work at the higher levels of competition.

GSU runs the same triple option as Tech and will probably do so for quite some time. GSU just has a better defense. CPJ is capable of running other offenses as well, he's just kind of stubborn and wants to prove this can work at the higher levels of competition.

I should have wrote it out. I meant State, they are poised to blow up if they play their cards right.

I know why CPJ is sticking with it, but he is wrong. Will he win some games with it? Yes absolutely. Will he win championships though? Not likely, unless your divisional opponents collapse.

Edited by Nicolae