You Can't Deny... We Picked A Good Year To Suck. D-Line Is The Deepest Position On This Draft.

Macintez

D-linemen,

D-linemen everywhere...

TD can't possibly lose with this draft class, it's freakin' impossible lol. I've been saying on these boards that I would rather trade down, but in all honesty I would absolutely be cool with taking Clowney, ABSOLUTELY. I would love to stock pile this defense with d-linemen even though I feel we should invest into protecting the 100 million dollar man. I look at some of these defensive prospects and can't help but salivate at their potential...

Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

Height: 6-6. Weight: 311.

Projected 40 Time: 5.37.

Projected Round (2014): 1.

DeAndre Coleman, DE/DT, California

Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.

Projected 40 Time: 5.34.

Projected Round (2014): 2-4.

Daniel McCullers*, DT, Tennessee

Height: 6-8. Weight: 360.

Projected 40 Time: 5.45.

Henry Anderson*, DE/DT, Stanford

Height: 6-6. Weight: 282.

Projected 40 Time: 4.90.

Projected Round (2013): 2-4.

Stephon Tuitt*, DE, Notre Dame

Height: 6-6. Weight: 312.

Projected 40 Time: 4.80.

Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

Trent Murphy*, DE/OLB, Stanford

Height: 6-6. Weight: 261.

Projected 40 Time: 4.80.

Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina

Height: 6-6. Weight: 265.

Projected 40 Time: 4.73.

Jadeveon Clowney*, DE, South Carolina

Height: 6-6. Weight: 272.

Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

Projected Round (2014): Top-Five Pick.

Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA

Height: 6-4. Weight: 235.

Projected 40 Time: 4.65.

Projected Round (2014): Top-10 Pick.

Anybody notice a similar theme with these guys? Not one of 'em is undersized. I want an entire d-line of big bodies. TD has stumbled across a pot of gold with this class. I swear, if he picks any player under 6'3 I will lose my freakin' mind. Oh, and Louis Nix may be returning to Notre Dame even though I would love for him to still enter. His stock has fallen due to his knee injury and I think he would be a steal for ATL.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel McCullers*, DT, Tennessee

Height: 6-8. Weight: 360.

Projected 40 Time: 5.45.

Now those are some measurables i can get behind. If he's still sitting there in the 3'rd i'd have a hard time passing up on him.

Nix would also be nice to have if he does declare. If he gets healthy again he could be the missing piece on our D.

Now those are some measurables i can get behind. If he's still sitting there in the 3'rd i'd have a hard time passing up on him.

Nix would also be nice to have if he does declare. If he gets healthy again he could be the missing piece on our D.

Wow that's legit. I don't watch much college ball besides Penn State. Is this dude any good on tape?

Wow that's legit. I don't watch much college ball besides Penn State. Is this dude any good on tape?

Nix or McCullers? I don't watch much college ball either and haven't really seen McCullers play, or haven't noticed him anyway. Would be interested to know how he is too.

Nix has balled out whenever he's on the field. Too bad he got injured.

I think that undeniably offensive line is the biggest need in the upcoming off season. That being said, holy crap Clowney would be great for us.

The kid receives a lot of hate for "taking plays off" or having a bad football attitude, but can you blame him? He would have been the #1 draft pick this past year. He watched Marcus Lattimore almost destroy his career on the field. He's been on the national radar for years going back into high school, every NFL team knows exactly what he can do.

Not only that, but he's the focal point of every offensive line that South Carolina plays against. Jadeveon is going to beast in the NFL. And Osi is the perfect guy to show him how to be a professional.

As long as we get 2-3 big, talented o linemen this offseason in either the draft or FA I'm totally down with Clowney. Or trading down a bit, collecting more picks and picking up a different D line man in the 1st.

Nix or McCullers? I don't watch much college ball either and haven't really seen McCullers play, or haven't noticed him anyway. Would be interested to know how he is too.

Nix has balled out whenever he's on the field. Too bad he got injured.

I was talking about McCullers. I know Nix is/was the real deal. I don't think I've seen Tennessee play at all this year.

a 6'8 360 DT aint gonna work in this league. Too tall and too heavy. Probably will become injury prone if he isn't already

a 6'8 360 DT aint gonna work in this league. Too tall and too heavy. Probably will become injury prone if he isn't already

Dontari Poe is only 6'3 but he's 350. He's doing pretty well for the Chiefs though.

Not saying it won't be a problem for sure but it has happened before. And there are tall guys on D-Lines all over.

TATF.

The only place where sucking is a positive.

It is called looking forward, seeing the BIG picture and not just game to game. Some of us don't fall into the less minded trap of what have you done for me lately and see the future in a way.

Go back to eating your Wheaties and leave the grown folk talk to them.

shoo!!!

Guest Negatorris

We can rebuild the OL through FA, we'll have plenty of cap room. As far as this draft, we need to go ahead a pull the trigger on Clowney. I wasn't a fan of getting him after his comments about taking plays off, but he's a rare athletic talent that we can't pass on. TD has never drafted an impact defensive end, and Clowney can effect the defense without being anywhere near the ball. He simply causes headaches for opposing offenses. He'd also free up Babs, Peters, and Osi to make plays. Start building around Clowney, and we'll have a DL that can heavily affect games to our favor.

I think that undeniably offensive line is the biggest need in the upcoming off season. That being said, holy crap Clowney would be great for us.

The kid receives a lot of hate for "taking plays off" or having a bad football attitude, but can you blame him? He would have been the #1 draft pick this past year. He watched Marcus Lattimore almost destroy his career on the field. He's been on the national radar for years going back into high school, every NFL team knows exactly what he can do.

Not only that, but he's the focal point of every offensive line that South Carolina plays against. Jadeveon is going to beast in the NFL. And Osi is the perfect guy to show him how to be a professional.

As long as we get 2-3 big, talented o linemen this offseason in either the draft or FA I'm totally down with Clowney. Or trading down a bit, collecting more picks and picking up a different D line man in the 1st.

True and he wont get double and triple teamed in the pro's. We need him and might be able to get him. TD will find a way to **** it up!!

What I've heard about Mccullers is he hasn't put it all together at Tennessee. Idk if thats an attitude/effort problem, and I don't want to judge a man I don't know. But I do know itll be hard to get leverage at 6 8

Hmm... not a promising review. Still might be worth considering if he drops to the 4'th though.