Evidence That Players Make A Defense Kc Study

jazzyburrell

We all thought Mike Nolan's clever scheme would create a pass rush.

The #1 Defense (most sacks, etc.) KC, lost their two best pass rushers and looked exactly like the Falcons = 0 pass rush and ineffective blitzes and their vaunted secondary was all of a sudden very vulnerable.

All of this is to say we HAVE to get actual pass rushers this offseason. No new coordinator, just real actual guys who are either NFL proven or beasts in college. No more 5th and 6th round picks (sorry Bierman and Massoquoi).

Thoughts?

We all thought Mike Nolan's clever scheme would create a pass rush.

The #1 Defense (most sacks, etc.) KC, lost their two best pass rushers and looked exactly like the Falcons = 0 pass rush and ineffective blitzes and their vaunted secondary was all of a sudden very vulnerable.

All of this is to say we HAVE to get actual pass rushers this offseason. No new coordinator, just real actual guys who are either NFL proven or beasts in college. No more 5th and 6th round picks (sorry Bierman and Massoquoi).

Thoughts?

I agree. Biermann is more of a Rush OLB. Massaquoi was a project. He will get better. Kroy moves full time to LB next year, IMHO. Get the best pass rusher available. With the second or third round pick, get the best NT that you can find. NT or OT, in no particular order. Play more man coverage, and tell the safeties to play their own roles.

I agree. Biermann is more of a Rush OLB. Massaquoi was a project. He will get better. Kroy moves full time to LB next year, IMHO. Get the best pass rusher available. With the second or third round pick, get the best NT that you can find. NT or OT, in no particular order. Play more man coverage, and tell the safeties to play their own roles.

Getting a free agent NT would likely be the best option. We need a proven commodity and instant production there next season which a rookie simply can't do, at least most likely won't. As for the O-line, it's more important to shift to a zone blocking scheme to fit our current players better, get a competent O-line coach, and shoring up the interior O-line is much more important than getting an RT.

I love when people use the term "generate a pass rush" there is no such thing. Blitzing is to augment your pass rush and confuse the opposition. When you have to consistently bring 5+ guys to get pressure, the QB is just seeing wide open receivers.

That's why we need an elite talent like Clowney. Make the offense use resources on a particular guy.

Getting a free agent NT would likely be the best option. We need a proven commodity and instant production there next season which a rookie simply can't do, at least most likely won't. As for the O-line, it's more important to shift to a zone blocking scheme to fit our current players better, get a competent O-line coach, and shoring up the interior O-line is much more important than getting an RT.

if BJ Raji is a FA, I wouldn't let him leave Atlanta if he came for a visit, then we could draft another big body DT. no more smallish DTs

Yep but I rather them sign a vet OT like Oher and draft a RG since you can normally get them in the 2nd round.