Falcons.. If You Guys Get The #1 Pick, You Wanting The Team To Keep It Or Trade It?

Big Bubba

Unless there is a can't miss Olineman in the draft, I swear, I would trade it, and try to get a deal from a desperate team, sort of like what the Skins gave to move up to get RG3.

A team like the Vikings or Texans will have a top 5 pick. If you're lucky enough to trade with one of them, you'll still get an extremely high quality top 5 selection.

Is he worth a #1 overall pick, or think if the Falcons trade back and pick in the top 10, that he'll still be there?

If anything, I'm hoping we don't get the #1 overall pick to make the choice if he's worth it. I doubt he'll still be on the board past 7/8, so if can trade down there and garner more picks+Nix I wouldn't mind. \\

If anything, I'm hoping we don't get the #1 overall pick to make the choice if he's worth it. I doubt he'll still be on the board past 7/8, so if can trade down there and garner more picks+Nix I wouldn't mind. \\

Right now, Vikings, Jags, Texans, Browns All should have top 10 picks, and all of them will, probably and should try and get a qb. So, there may be a plethora of trade partners available, especially if a couple of the qbs in qbs have an amazing combine.

If we happen to get the #1. Id wait to see who is willing to deal and who needs a QB. If the price is right and we can still grab a spot like 1-8 and grab a big name o-line man. Id explore the trade.

The #1 pick can land a HUGE price.

But im not getting my hopes up on any scenario until the season ends.

Unless there is a can't miss Olineman in the draft, I swear, I would trade it, and try to get a deal from a desperate team, sort of like what the Skins gave to move up to get RG3.

A team like the Vikings or Texans will have a top 5 pick. If you're lucky enough to trade with one of them, you'll still get an extremely high quality top 5 selection.

Jake Matthews, and they should be in terrific position to pick him, and they could really use him considering how woeful their O-line is. He's got all-pro written all over him, just like his dad.

I wouldn't trade back to far. I dont want TD getting creative taking any off positions like TE in the first.

I wouldn't mind a loaded trade to another team who just wants to leap over a few teams to snag them a QB. Then load up on picks.

But we can be fine if we use the #1 pick on a solid player. Hopefully a decent QB will fall late that we can snag as a 3rd string or second to compete with Davis (who i like).

Grab another TE in the later rounds.

but rounds 1-4 should pretty much be all line men. Preferably mostly O linemen. **** at this point i wouldn't mind drafting a entire new o line and make every single guy we have compete for a job.

Thats why if we can land a trade it would help to snag a extra 1st round in next years draft as well.

If we did get the 1st id consider trading the second round away as well just to stock pile (patriots style).

Doesn't have to be traded way back but trade with another top 10 pick team would be fine.

We dont only need line help bad we need depth on the roster. As it shows when out pro bowl starters get hurt our minor league backups come in and lose. A great team has depth that the next man up is actually a decent player not a scrub.

Id also look at what vet free agents get cut or do get signed right away. Not jump on the biggest name out there and over spend. But wait until the market goes flat and maybe grab someone who still has that fire.

I wasnt think about actually getting the #1 pick. But if we do because of our key starters we could have a ton of options.

Samuels is probably gone after this year (we drafted 2 cbs last year to start and McClain is solid and does good things when he gets in there). I like pick six 22 but i could see that money going to keeping White or Jones.

I wouldn't mind making a solid run at Jimmy Graham. If nothing else drive the price up for him so the Saints have to pay more to keep him. I know that sounds doucche. But hey he deserves to get paid and last thing we need is him signing for cheap.

We arent a team who is gonna go in rebuilding mode so targeting key help is major. Line men on both sides have been a nagging issue thats crippled us. Every team we play has better lines than us.

Id dump Jackson if it ment adding another olineman. Some with fire and attitude Or of course Graham. ;)

Trade, this team is missing draft picks from previous years. This would be the exact time to fix that. Trade back a few spots, maybe pick up an extra 1st in 2015.

The price of the #1 pick has to be HIGH. So i could see it snagging next years first as well.

But id like to stay as early in the draft as possible. We haven't had a early pick since Ryan got here. So im defiantly looking to use the #1 pick we have for a oline day one starter no matter what we do.

Trading a lil down will also lower the price to sign him. That will help with Cap space.

The price of the #1 pick has to be HIGH. So i could see it snagging next years first as well.

But id like to stay as early in the draft as possible. We haven't had a early pick since Ryan got here. So im defiantly looking to use the #1 pick we have for a oline day one starter no matter what we do.

Trading a lil down will also lower the price to sign him. That will help with Cap space.

That was my thoughts as well.

Unfortunately, for the Falcons, they have the hardest strength of schedule among the bottom 5 or so teams- that's first tiebreaker, so they'll lose out on number 1 pick if they're tied with MIN, HOU or JAX.

If Clowney is indeed Peppers2.0, love to have him- Falcons need a true game changer on the front 7.

Some team offers an RG3 type trade, be all for that.

Even better would be having the 2 teams right behind them trying to get ahead of each other to draft the QB they want and giving the Falcons a pick to move back 1 or 2 spots.

This may be the way to go danight. We could get a boat load for the pick to help build both lines!

What help? According to you, Shred and the rest of the Homers, all you needed was a football and another team to play since your road to the Super Bowl in February was already pretty much a given.rolleyes.gif

What help? According to you, Shred and the rest of the Homers, all you needed was a football and another team to play since your road to the Super Bowl in February was already pretty much a given.rolleyes.gif

When do you actually contribute anything to a thread man? All I've seen from you lately is "Oh yeah, according to the homers on TATF... [insert irrelevant rant here] Falcons suck".

If we happen to get the #1. Id wait to see who is willing to deal and who needs a QB. If the price is right and we can still grab a spot like 1-8 and grab a big name o-line man. Id explore the trade.

The #1 pick can land a HUGE price.

But im not getting my hopes up on any scenario until the season ends.

it isn't anything like it used to be since the rookie wage scale went into effect.

in 2010, the first three choices of the draft went like this

1)Sam Bradford 6 year 78 million

2)Ndamukong Suh 5 year 65 million

3)Gerald McCoy 5 year 63 million

every draft since 2011 has been like this

1)Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Eric Fisher all got 4 year 22 million

2)Von Miller, RG3, and Luke Jockel got 4 year 21 million

3)Tren Richardson, Marcell Dareus, and Dion Jordan all got 4 year 20.5 million