Clowney And Anderson

TrufantIsland

Clowney is not even close to what Anderson was in terms of bust potential. He plays in an NFL style scheme, Anderson didn't. He has multiple good years of production, Anderson was a 1 year wonder. He's good against the run and the pass, Anderson couldn't pass rush outside of from the 9-tech or the 3-tech. Clowney is a great prospect and his only real issue is injury, not on field talent.

One team has drafted better than just about anyone over the last couple of years and received poor draft grades at the time.

I understand that you're only 13, so your cognitive abilities aren't fully developed yet, but please try to follow me here.

1. There is an inherent bust possibility with every draft pick.

2. ESPN isn't a sports analysis company, it's an entertainment company.

3. When ESPN or the common, ignorant fan sees that Clowney's stats or low, they jump to the conclusion that he's not trying.

4. Anybody who actually watches film sees that Clowney is a dominant force who offenses gameplan around.

I know it's difficult to accept that your opinion is wrong, but just because you have an opinion doesn't make you immune from criticism.

This is the most contradictory thing I've ever seen posted in this forum.

From what i've seen the last two seasons. There is no doubt that Clowney is a better athlete etc. However i think Barr is a better tackler, Clowney has so far been able to knock down players through his major physic, where Barr seem more aggressive and locks his arms around the opponent. I think Clowney is a lottery coupon, and Barr seems more mature...

From what i've seen the last two seasons. There is no doubt that Clowney is a better athlete etc. However i think Barr is a better tackler, Clowney has so far been able to knock down players through his major physic, where Barr seem more aggressive and locks his arms around the opponent. I think Clowney is a lottery coupon, and Barr seems more mature...

Barr has literally only been playing defense for two years. Clowney has been a borderline NFL-ready defensive end for almost as long as Barr has been playing defense. I don't think you understand what the term "raw" means in terms of scouting college prospects.

Barr has literally only been playing defense for two years. Clowney has been a borderline NFL-ready defensive end for almost as long as Barr has been playing defense. I don't think you understand what the term "raw" means in terms of scouting college prospects.

Inlighten me then? What I see in Clowney is a guy with potential, but with flaws as well.. Also I could be wrong, but it seems like it's too eas to take him out the game, he is not strong-minded enough.. I could be wrong!

Inlighten me then? What I see in Clowney is a guy with potential, but with flaws as well.. Also I could be wrong, but it seems like it's too eas to take him out the game, he is not strong-minded enough.. I could be wrong!

Clowney is arguably the most polished run defender in the class at defensive end. great block shedding and gets off the line like a rocket. HE diagnoses pass vs. run as well as who's keeping the ball on read options extremely well. On top of that, his pass rush ability is off the charts. he doesn't have many sacks this year, but who the **** could with triple teams on them all day?