Vanderbilt @ Tennessee

Miller2Rison

im not sold on dobbs either, tennessee hasnt had a QB in a long time, sad to say eric ainge was the best QB we have had in a long time. peyton manning is missed lol.

well dobbs is a true frosh and is pretty talented and is the future. you guys are recruiting very well, but after another non bowl game season (amazing it's been 3 years since the vols have been in a bowl game). and being second in your state you guys are going to have to battle to keep some guys.

well dobbs is a true frosh and is pretty talented and is the future. you guys are recruiting very well, but after another non bowl game season (amazing it's been 3 years since the vols have been in a bowl game). and being second in your state you guys are going to have to battle to keep some guys.

thats been the biggest problem since fulmer has been gone is keeping our talent and i cant blame the players for wanting to leave for other schools or the nfl. after all the experiments though i think we do finally have a coach who can be successful in butch.

thats been the biggest problem since fulmer has been gone is keeping our talent and i cant blame the players for wanting to leave for other schools or the nfl. after all the experiments though i think we do finally have a coach who can be successful in butch.

not sure on butch.. I heard the same stuff from vol fans after Dooley's first year. dooley had so many near wins just like butch did this year and there was promise, but he couldn't get the job done. as you know it's early on butch and he might get the job done, but nothing I saw this year really says he is the guy who will do it.. time will tell on that one.

What did you possibly see in Butch this year to make you believe he can compete in the SEC? I would be scared to death if I was a UT fan.

What did you possibly see in Butch this year to make you believe he can compete in the SEC? I would be scared to death if I was a UT fan.

tbh in my world i think mike smith may have reached his peak with the falcons and would love to see him coach the vols but i havnt really seen anything, i havnt seen anything coach wise since fulmer.

It's amazing how far the program has fallen since the fired Fulmer. 27-34 (10-29) since the start of the 2009 season. Just blows my mind. I almost feel bad for the fans. I'm sure they wish they could unfire Fulmer.

there is a reason im so against pulling the trigger on coaches too early, fulmer is a legand in tennessee just like pat summit.

I still have faith in Butch. But the amount of talent on our roster is atrocious. These seniors (RS) have had 42 different coaches in their time at Tennessee. Mix in an entire class that didn't pan out (Kiffins) and an incredible amount of attrition then you get our current situation.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

I still have faith in Butch. But the amount of talent on our roster is atrocious. These seniors (RS) have had 42 different coaches in their time at Tennessee. Mix in an entire class that didn't pan out (Kiffins) and an incredible amount of attrition then you get our current situation.

no offense meant man, but I heard the same stuff on dooley and by the same vol fans.. I wouldn't expect any vol fan to not have faith in butch because he is your head coach right now and what other options do you have after just 1 year? I agree with your comment on talent, but dooley stepped himself into a very bad spot and he showed promise in year 1 and then we saw what happened. whatever happens though butch should get 4 years minimum. the high turnover of coaches at Tennessee is a big issue.