Barr Vs. Asu

etherdome

I admit that this is a small sample size, but I am watching Anthony Barr against ASU and I don't se what all the fuss is about. As a matter of fact, Barr looks like UCLA's version of DeCoud! He spends most of the time watching his teammates make plays and pointing at phantom penalties to the refs.

Barr is a non-factor in run defense and he has been stymied by single blockers in the pass game. Is this the real Anthony Barr? If it is, I want no part of him.

The guy that is playing real football is Sutton. The guy is double and triple-teamed and is still putting pressure on the QB. He has gone against UCLA's much hyped Sua-Filo and he is looking good!

LOL at those thinking Barr is anything close to - much less better than - Jadevon Clowney.

Its not close.

Absolutely right. I thought that Barr would be the better choice, if we were going to a 3-4 base defense. But, no way do I want him on this team. He was held in check too easily and basically gave up midway through the game. Barring (no pun) playing with malaria, he does not have the heart we need on defense.

Yep, I watched the game as well. Absolutely nonexistent in the run game. Not impressed with some other games I've watched as well.

Perfect comparison would be Dion Jordan. Splashy type player with insane measurables but, extremely raw and needs to be developed in the right situation.

And he is worthless in the nfl

I was liking Barr over Mack but behind Clowney and Van Noy before watching that game, but i agree with most of your analysis. Dude looked nothing like a top 10 player. I don't think he will be a bust but dude looks pretty average.

I am still trying to watch Mack closer because to me he just seems to be a real athletic dude playing against crap competition.

I was liking Barr over Mack but behind Clowney and Van Noy before watching that game, but i agree with most of your analysis. Dude looked nothing like a top 10 player. I don't think he will be a bust but dude looks pretty average.

I am still trying to watch Mack closer because to me he just seems to be a real athletic dude playing against crap competition.

He's played some solid competition this year. Ohio State and Baylor to start the season. He just played against Toledo, they're pretty solid this year. His athletic ability shows no matter who he's playing against. His ability to not only disengage from blocks but almost juke blockers entirely - that is, force them to whiff on him on a stunningly consistent basis - is what really sets him apart.

He's played some solid competition this year. Ohio State and Baylor to start the season. He just played against Toledo, they're pretty solid this year. His athletic ability shows no matter who he's playing against. His ability to not only disengage from blocks but almost juke blockers entirely - that is, force them to whiff on him on a stunningly consistent basis - is what really sets him apart.

He balled out the Ohio State game i will give him that. I didn't watch the Baylor game, but he only had 4 tackles. Maybe it was because their DB's got all the tackles I don't know, but besides playing well against Ohio State and playing against Baylor he has played.

Stony Brook

Conneticut

Eastern Michigan

Western Michigan

Massachusets

Kent State

Ohio

Toledo

Miami (Ohio)

Not really that good of competition

Guest Negatorris

Barr is raw. He's honestly still learning how to play his position. Clowney demands double/triple teams. He cannot be held in check one on one. This frees up other defenders. This is what makes him so valuable to a defense. We need that kind of player. If we can somehow pull off a trade to garner 2 1st rounders and pair Clowney with Van Noy, we're talking about an immediate much improved defense.

Barr is raw. He's honestly still learning how to play his position. Clowney demands double/triple teams. He cannot be held in check one on one. This frees up other defenders. This is what makes him so valuable to a defense. We need that kind of player. If we can somehow pull off a trade to garner 2 1st rounders and pair Clowney with Van Noy, we're talking about an immediate much improved defense.

exactly. The Falcons defense has no one player that other NFL teams must gameplan against. If Falcons draft Clowney, he will be that player. Clowney will "get his" but he will also help others on D-Line and Linebacker Blitzers to "get theirs".