South Carolina

Falconsfan567

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the start of the 2010 season the Gamecocks are 40-11 (23-10). I honestly never thought I would ever see the Gamecocks this good. Steve Spurrier love him or hate him is just a terrific college football coach. Won at Duke, Florida and now South Carolina. You have to respect what he's done.

the only thing that has stopped them from being up there with the likes of Bama, Auburn when Cam was there, and a few others is not having a top notch QB.

the only thing that has stopped them from being up there with the likes of Bama, Auburn when Cam was there, and a few others is not having a top notch QB.

Yeah QB was an issue there for a while but Connor Shaw has been great in his career. 25-5 record and 17 straight home wins. Most wins ever by a Gamecocks QB. Dylan Thompson takes over next year. We'll see if he can keep the wins coming.

Yeah QB was an issue there for a while but Connor Shaw has been great in his career. 25-5 record and 17 straight home wins. Most wins ever by a Gamecocks QB. Dylan Thompson takes over next year. We'll see if he can keep the wins coming.

Shaw always seemed to play great 10 games out of the season and then lose it for them a couple of games. With their D and running game they don't need a QB to win them games. Just cant be losing them games.

I don't think anybody could've done a better job than Spurrier. South Carolina didn't win their first bowl game until 1995.

Yep. South Carolina has set so many school records the last 4 years. We're talking about simple things too. Heck last year was the first time they've ever had back-to-back 10 win seasons. Just simple things like that. That's how bad of a program South Carolina is historically.

Shaw always seemed to play great 10 games out of the season and then lose it for them a couple of games. With their D and running game they don't need a QB to win them games. Just cant be losing them games.

Well Shaw played will enough to beat Georgia but the defense gave up 41 points. Not going to win many games like that. Shaw played bad against the Vols but he was injured early in that game and trying to suck it up and still had the Gamecocks in position to win the game and the defense blew it at the end.

Florida should try to bring Spurrier home again. I hope they don't get former Gators and Gamecocks defensive coordinator Charlie Strong.

Spurrier's too old to rebuild a program again. It's going to take some time to rebuild Florida because they don't have a QB. It took Spurrier 4 or 5 years to finally get a great QB at South Carolina. I don't see Spurrier hanging on much longer. I think 2 or 3 years max and then he hangs it up. Especially if he wins an SEC Championship in the next 2 or 3 years I could see it.

I'm not sure we'll ever live in a world where South Carolina has an SEC championship.

I don't believe we will see them win an SEC title anytime soon, but with spurrier they at least compete to get into the game. the main reason despite spurrier being there is the state of south carolina instate talent is at an alltime high and Clemson and south carolina has done a much better job keeping that talent instate. prime example is before spurrier they would lose some of their best instate talent to Georgia, tennessee, and other schools, but now guys like lattimore and clowney stay to play for the home school. the question Is after spurrier leaves can they continue? no telling, but when he does leave he will have left them much better off then they were when he got there.

I don't believe we will see them win an SEC title anytime soon, but with spurrier they at least compete to get into the game. the main reason despite spurrier being there is the state of south carolina instate talent is at an alltime high and Clemson and south carolina has done a much better job keeping that talent instate. prime example is before spurrier they would lose some of their best instate talent to Georgia, tennessee, and other schools, but now guys like lattimore and clowney stay to play for the home school. the question Is after spurrier leaves can they continue? no telling, but when he does leave he will have left them much better off then they were when he got there.

It depends on who ends up as the successor to Spurrier to if South Carolina can stay competitive in the SEC. Ron Zook proved to be a great recruiter at Florida but was a terrible coach. South Carolina is going to need someone who can do both to stay competitive. Who knows Spurrier may already be grooming someone as a replacement who's already on the staff. We don't know.

And I disagree. I think Spurrier can eventually win an SEC title at South Carolina.

It depends on who ends up as the successor to Spurrier to if South Carolina can stay competitive in the SEC. Ron Zook proved to be a great recruiter at Florida but was a terrible coach. South Carolina is going to need someone who can do both to stay competitive. Who knows Spurrier may already be grooming someone as a replacement who's already on the staff. We don't know.

And I disagree. I think Spurrier can eventually win an SEC title at South Carolina.

yep the next hire will be very impt.. either they continue the success and build on it or it goes back to being south carolina. yep we won't agree on south carolina winning the sec, i don't see it happening.

that Alabama team in 2010 was no where close to being elite. they were a 3 loss sec team and was one play in the arky game of being a 4 loss team.

Really? You're going to say that Alabama team wasn't elite? They lost by just 3 points to LSU on the road and just 1 point to Auburn. Without those losses they would have been 12-1. But yeah let's just totally discount that game and say that South Carolina can't beat an elite West team. Totally discount that South Carolina lost to LSU by just 1 point in Baton Rouge last year.

I mean I understand South Carolina and Georgia are rivals and you don't like Spurrier but don't discount an impressive win.

Really? You're going to say that Alabama team wasn't elite? They lost by just 3 points to LSU on the road and just 1 point to Auburn. Without those losses they would have been 12-1. But yeah let's just totally discount that game and say that South Carolina can't beat an elite West team. Totally discount that South Carolina lost to LSU by just 1 point in Baton Rouge last year.

I mean I understand South Carolina and Georgia are rivals and you don't like Spurrier but don't discount an impressive win.

it's just the reality of that 2010 Alabama team. you used the term elite, but a 3 loss team isn't elite. Alabama in 2009 was elite, the 2010 team wasn't. it has nothing to do with usce and i am not knocking your dominating win over Alabama. that was a very good win. you could have used other terms that I might have agreed with, but to call a 3 loss team elite just doesn't fit. I could make comments on the one time usce won the east division regarding how bad it was historically speaking since we have went to divisions, but I won't since winning any eastern division for south Carolina is a huge accomplishment considering your history. i am not saying usce will never win the sec, but i don't see it happening the next few years with spurrier.

it's just the reality of that 2010 Alabama team. you used the term elite, but a 3 loss team isn't elite. Alabama in 2009 was elite, the 2010 team wasn't. it has nothing to do with usce and i am not knocking your dominating win over Alabama. that was a very good win. you could have used other terms that I might have agreed with, but to call a 3 loss team elite just doesn't fit. I could make comments on the one time usce won the east division regarding how bad it was historically speaking since we have went to divisions, but I won't since winning any eastern division for south Carolina is a huge accomplishment considering your history. i am not saying usce will never win the sec, but i don't see it happening the next few years with spurrier.

If Texas A&M beats Missouri then South Carolina wins the East this year. Yes Alabama lost 3 games in 2010. But 2 of those games was by a total of 4 points. That doesn't make them not an elite team.

If Texas A&M beats Missouri then South Carolina wins the East this year. Yes Alabama lost 3 games in 2010. But 2 of those games was by a total of 4 points. That doesn't make them not an elite team.

yep that's true regarding usce needing Missouri to lose to win the east, but that's not winning the sec and a 3 loss team isn't elite no matter how much you want to spin their losses.. I could spin it that they should have had more losses.

yep that's true regarding usce needing Missouri to lose to win the east, but that's not winning the sec and a 3 loss team isn't elite no matter how much you want to spin their losses.. I could spin it that they should have had more losses.

I call a team that won 10 games an elite team. Especially when 2 of those losses were by a combined 4 points to teams that finished with a combined total of just 2 losses. Sorry that you want to totally discount that Alabama was an elite team that year but they were.

I call a team that won 10 games an elite team. Especially when 2 of those losses were by a combined 4 points to teams that finished with a combined total of just 2 losses. Sorry that you want to totally discount that Alabama was an elite team that year but they were.

i call a team that lost 3 games and should have been 4 not an elite team because they weren't. no team that has 3 losses is elite at all. Alabama 2009 elite.. 2010 not elite. i feel like saying that princess bride quote: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.".. lol i have never seen someone try to spin a 3 loss team as being elite. smile.png

i call a team that lost 3 games and should have been 4 not an elite team because they weren't. no team that has 3 losses is elite at all. Alabama 2009 elite.. 2010 not elite. i feel like saying that princess bride quote: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.".. lol i have never seen someone try to spin a 3 loss team as being elite. smile.png

A 3 loss Pac-12, Big 12, Big Ten, ACC, ect. team is not elite. A 3 loss SEC team can still be elite because of how tough the SEC is especially when you look at who they lost to and how it happened. You can't just say they lost 3 games and dismiss them. They lost 3 games but they were still one of the top 5 best teams in college football that year. That's why they were elite despite the 3 losses.