If We Hadn't Gotten The Injury Bug This Year...

Lornoth

Would we be better off, or worse off?

Now we all know this team is loathe to play young players, no matter what the situation is, so i'll ask you this;

If we don't get injured, guys like Paul worrilow, Darius Johnson, Antone Smith, and maybe even Joplo Bartu never see the field.

Would we have won more games? Maybe... but our lines were doomed from the get-go. I'm not so sure our injuries hurt us as much as you might think.

So what do you think? Are we better off, looking towards the future, because of these injuries forcing us to discover young talent?

Just trying to look for bright spots hahah.

We'd still have been exposed because our O-Line is garbage. We may have had a positive record, or near .500, but I think some of this was inevitable.

Agreed. No way we get to the playoffs with that putrid offensive line. Calling it a joke doesn't even do it justice.

This team had a lot of problems coming in. I think for the long term future of this team this year was a good thing. It allowed some of our young talent to develop, and Led us to discover Worrilow.

This season is going to allow a team that has a pretty good core the opportunity to get their hands on a true elite talent. Which doesn't happen very often.

We'd still have been exposed because our O-Line is garbage. We may have had a positive record, or near .500, but I think some of this was inevitable.

a healthy Baker isn't that bad, and I think Mike Johnson would have been better at RT so we won't ever know how bad that line would have been.

a healthy Baker isn't that bad, and I think Mike Johnson would have been better at RT so we won't ever know how bad that line would have been.

A healthy Baker is ok, not good.

Mike Johnson is nothing. I wouldn't even want him on the roster. Time to move on from failed draft picks

this was the year for our guys on the line to step up -injuries on both sides of the ball basically finished us. If we had stayed healthy I see us winning at least 4 more games and developing some chemistry with the oline - its just been a turnstile all season long but a gamble I think we had to take. We now know what we have, what we need, and who we can do without - a lot of the tough choices are being made simply by viewing who is making an impact on the field - guys like Worrilow and Bartu are at the very least capable of stepping in next year from backup positions when called on, Baker is adequate when healthy, Holmes we know is still a project that has to develop the desire to work on his short comings. But as a whole, simply getting healthy makes this team better, and with the new guys especially our corners time plus an off season will do wonders.

I was extremely concerned with the way this team was looking in preseason games, even as I tried to look on the acquisition of Osi and SJax as providing some of the badly needed leadership and physical answers this team needed from their issues in 2012. In fact, the team's lack of strength, talent and depth on the OL and DL doomed it to collapse even if no injuries had happened this season. The injuries made it more glaring and they also made it possible to repair some of the holes with a very high draft pick. That's provided we don't do something tragically stupid like winning four or five more games.

I wasnt worried about preseason because Atlanta always plays situational ball and really isnt as hung up on winning as they are at evaluations. The last couple of years we have had to tweak things due the olines weaknesses , but by the 4-5 game of the season they get it stabilized and gel a little. Im more concerned with getting out of preseason healthy than anything else.

This upcoming preseason I think you see us make a lot more effort in ensuring Ryan doesnt have to endure another season of getting killed every single play. Thats how you ruin a franchise qb.

Honestly there are so many issues, injuries weren't the only thing. Johnson is overrated by this board, he is not that good. Was a RG in college and just wasn't THAT good anyways. (Bama fan here). Moving him to RT??? I guess. Same issues regardless this year. Too many other factors.

Which makes even less sense with a RT in Reynolds playing RG. We try a little to hard to be cute and find guys who can play all over the line rather than guys who are excellent at what they play.

There were a lot of warts hidden in 2012's 13-3 record. That's why the collapse has been so complete. The team did need a retool.

There were not many " warts hidden" in 2012 we won 13 games becasue we were on of the best teams in the league.. period.

It was nearly the same team that won 10 games in 2011

and then again nearly the same team that won 13 games in 2010

Its not like 2012 was some sort of illusion and we have only been 8-8 every year.

We have averaged 10+ wins over 5 seasons with for the most part the same core group of players.

We go 10-6 with no injuries. Sorry but our poor oline has been covered for the last few years by the strong run game and recently the elite receivers on offence. Lack of quality dline has been covered in the last few years by nolans schemes and the offence putting up early scores. Honestly I can't believe how people think this team without injuries isn't a playoff team. Don't get me wrong with have glaring holes on the O and D lines but schemes can minimise there effect. We wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with these lines but we certainly would have made playoffs. Keep it real guys - injuries derailed this team and we didn't have the depth to cover this especially on the O line

Honestly there are so many issues, injuries weren't the only thing. Johnson is overrated by this board, he is not that good. Was a RG in college and just wasn't THAT good anyways. (Bama fan here). Moving him to RT??? I guess. Same issues regardless this year. Too many other factors.

dude you gotta quit insulting my intelligence. so besides Andre Smith who was good on that line?