No Huddle Overrated?

st. diehard

Yeah i doubt there is much to it. So many other variables besides just the system. You have what team you are facing, was the game close, injuries, home or away games.

Now if it was majority 95% healthy and based on all home games vs the same teams it may hold merit.

But there is always gonna be those good teams that do what they do and they do it great. I dont think its the no huddle doesn't work anymore.

We see fad systems like the wild cat. Teams change and adjust. But no huddle has stayed the test of time. But it probably relies more on what coaches still like to use it and when will they use it?

ex: like the falcons we have success using the no huddle. But look at our record now. There is more reasons why we are not able to use it (pass protection) vs just the system not working.

It worked when a fee teams did it in the league and colleges weren't using it.

Now that it's a staple of the game at all levels it's not nearly as panic inducing as it previously was.

Motion and creating match ups is where it's at IMO.

that can be done with the no huddle. people always think of the no huddle being fast paced but you can no huddle and still use the play clock just to prevent substitutions

It worked when a fee teams did it in the league and colleges weren't using it.

Now that it's a staple of the game at all levels it's not nearly as panic inducing as it previously was.

Motion and creating match ups is where it's at IMO.

This.

I'd like to see a team try and replicate what the K-gun Bills of the early 90s did - they were hurry-up no huddle. In the first year of their 4-year run to the SBs they played Oak in the AFCCG in Buffalo. Cold day with flurries in the air and they went hurry up no huddle in the entire first half and the score at half was 41-3.

I think that would require a team to have a great QB with obvious chemistry with their WRs and TEs and also have a half-decent running game. Denver and NO would be the best equipped to run it right now (off the top of my head).