Simple Questions Safety And Dt Talk

Guest Cally307a

Guest Cally307a

My question of the year is...........

We have drafted a strong offensive team and we have most of our talent tied up on the offensive side of the ball. Why in the world do we have a washed up defensive coordinator running this porsche of an offense?

We all know smitty Hired Dirk Koetter because he didnt want to hire his next replacement. At least thats my theory. I think he knew if he brought in somebody worth a **** that hed have his job after one more postseason flop. Why are we wasting the better half of matt ryans career with him being underdeveloped by below average D coordinators. We need an offensive mind in here that can use all this talent.

And if we arent going to do that and we are going to be resilient for another 3 years then we had better start drafting all defense. Draft a defensive tackle and the next safety that looks and plays like a sean taylor get him in here. Two of the positions that I feel are most important on the defense are always overlooked in atlanta. SAFETY and NT what is our sickness with Linebackers, not only are they cheaper to sign and buckets of them all over but they arent on the field half the ******** time in this passing frenzy of an nfl.

Obviously its more expensive to sign DT in FA so draft some studs and sign FA linebackers........If you have a great safety over the top they are a game changer in both the run and the pass, instead we have terrible safety play and it makes our whole offense terrible. Corners cant play tight because they cant trust decoud, we cant stop the run because decoud is terrible.

just saying, we need to find an identity and devote ourselves too it, we are all over the **** place

It looks like going total offense is the easiest fix, but then we need a new coach and just pray for some stops or turnovers. this team is in shambles

The reason was the outstanding last season.. Dimi believed that if he just upgraded some positions, the team would be good enough for PO and he underrestimated the O-line..

He brought in slightly younger guys ( Osi, Jackson) whom he believed could take a step up and be diference makers. This is aaaalways a bad idea. When the season is over, it is over! start fro scratch, and don't just fix things. That's what he did wrong.

But I believe that we will be better for it. No matter what he did last year, there was no chance of us going to the PO, therefor it's valuable with an early 1. round pick - and if we get clowney we'll better golden..

Nolan's scheme doesn't work for two reason. The pass rush, and the safeties. Both suck, not just DeCoud. This pass rush can't supplement this secondary for the scheme. A LB cannot cover a WR for an extended period. We play a zone, and our safeties are playing up close to the line. That tells me that these guys don't have a clue.

i would add that after the injuries, you have to change the scheme. If no Beirmann, find someone else to bring pressure. If no left tackle, right tackle, center or right guard, use a fast RB to get outside. Nope, they keep running right up the middle and get crushed. No Julio, no Roddy, no pass blocking, change the routes to three-step, quick hits. Nope, they keep the same plays with Ryan getting killed. These are the things that really make me question the coaching. Seems like no adjusting to the reality of not having premier players available.