Vikings Want Qb In Next Draft: This Helps Falcons

mumblesjr

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports that the Minnesota Vikings are "high on the signal-callers that should make up the 2014 draft class."

The 2-8 Vikings have a beastly schedule to end the season, including a road date on Sunday at Lambeau Field. If the season ended right now, Minnesota would select third overall. "After the season, the Vikings have to make a decision on whether or not to pick up [starting QB Christian] Ponder's option," Breer writes. "There's just about no chance that's happening. Far more likely is [Minnesota GM Rick] Spielman deciding to find a new triggerman for 2014 and beyond." Over at CBS.com, Rob Rang's updated mock draft has the Vikings selecting Jadeveon Clowney at No. 3. Dane Brugler, meanwhile, has the Purple selecting Johnny Manziel. Both experts have Teddy Bridgewater and Marcus Mariota, respectively, going 1-2 to the Jaguars and Texans.

this is a good class of qbs coming out, and the odds of Falcons drafting Clowney,Barr, or mathews are really good.

Jags. the jags taking a qb no matter what. i think they might get one more win this season. they have the first pick locked up.

Vikes. the vikings need and qb, and i can't see them winning anymore games.

texans. think they'll also go qb but they will end up with at least to more wins because they haven't played the jags yet. think texans will win 5 total games, and knock themselves out of the top 5 anyways.

tampa. can't see them rolling with glennon but who knows. i can see a new qb here also. can't see bucs winning anymore also.

Falcons. money! think falcons will win at least 2 more. we'll see. 4-12.

next bunch of teams after Falcons have 4 wins....anything can happen.

at this rate the worst Falcons pick will be a top 4 pick. silver lining to bad season.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we draft #1 or #2, it would be the perfect opportunity to find someone to trade down with and stockpile a bunch of picks like the Rams did with the Redskins trade.

Of course, in order for me to feel comfortable with having that many picks, the Falcons would have to fire Dimitroff.

Dummitroff would probably trade down, then trade right back up to draft Mike Evanst in the 1st.

#thickglasses #hairstyle #wonderboy

Really you think Glennon is the real deal and can lead TB to the promise land man I'm not so sure if they get a shot at 1 of 3 QB's mentioned they'll be all over them.

Never said he was the real deal but the Bucs will stick with him for a while and go another direction. I think they will use this draft for both lines, linebacker, wideouts and tightends. Teams don't normally draft QBs in back to back seasons.

Even if we get Clowney all these reports of his motor scare the everliving **** out of me. We have been waiting for a pass rusher worth ANYTHING and not over the age of 30 for so many years... and now that we finally have the opportunity, I worry that even if this guy is available he's gonna be a complete bust because he seems like he has a sense of entitlement.

Even if we get Clowney all these reports of his motor scare the everliving **** out of me. We have been waiting for a pass rusher worth ANYTHING and not over the age of 30 for so many years... and now that we finally have the opportunity, I worry that even if this guy is available he's gonna be a complete bust because he seems like he has a sense of entitlement.

Watch the games and stop listening to ESPN fabricating drama.

Still a lot of game left to play, and lots of teams to sort out before we know the draft order. I am pretty sure we cannot win more than 2 more games, if any at all. So I do think we are gonna get a top 5 draft pick. But I also have a ton of confidence in TD to blow the pick.

If we are picking in the top 10 TD has been lights out wit Ryan & Jones I suspect if given another oppourtunity he'll be good again.

I think TD will do good by us with this Draft. He'll finally be able to pick up top-tier talent without having to trade the farm and this time he will be forced to concentrate on the trenches. Before he funneled most of his resources into picking up skill-position players and he just hoped that his linemen would pan out--not the case this year. This should be the best draft we have in a long time. (unless it turns out this team is far worse than we expected, and we wind up being complete garbage for another several years). If TD messes this one up then yeah, I'll be on the fire TD bandwagon.

Didn't think about this. Vikes are almost certain to go QB in the draft unless they feel like taking a flier on Schaub or Vick, etc.

I think there's a good chance Houston could draft a QB as well but I think Tampa is probably feeling pretty good about Glennon.

If they aren't feeling good about that kid Glennon, then I don't know anything about their team they can feel good about.