Cap Room 2014

TrufantIsland

Let's imagine that Gonzo, Samuel, Nicholas, Babineaux etc. gets cut in the preseason.. How much will that save us? is there anywhere one can look at the players contract. Cuz there wouldn't be an idea in cutting Samuel and Bab if we took a cap hit..

Babineaux is a free agent after this season, as are Peria Jerry and Corey Peters, so no cap savings from cutting someone who not on the roster.

I would think that we re-sign Peters and, if he's okay with a reasonable contract, Babs. I would tip my cap to Tony G as he rides off into the sunset in gratitude for his career. I'd release Nicholas and Samuel (if Samuel doesn't retire). If I could find a viable replacement, I'd release DeCoud as well, but we can't cut him without a solution for replacing him.

Here are some potential cut victims with the cap savings we would get if we cut them next year. Who would you cut? Noone is off limits. Remember Abe, RayRay, Turner, Clabo and RobbinUs right?

Asante - 5.25

Roddy - 5.0

Osi - 3.5

DeCoud - 3.0

Bryant - 2.75

Bierman - 2.25

Nic - 2.0

HD - 1.85

SJax - 1.84

Spoon - 1.37

Snelling - 1.37

Reynolds - 1.35

Here are some potential cut victims with the cap savings we would get if we cut them next year. Who would you cut? Noone is off limits. Remember Abe, RayRay, Turner, Clabo and RobbinUs right?

Asante - 5.25

Roddy - 5.0

Osi - 3.5

DeCoud - 3.0

Bryant - 2.75

Bierman - 2.25

Nic - 2.0

HD - 1.85

SJax - 1.84

Spoon - 1.37

Snelling - 1.37

Reynolds - 1.35

These players would get the boot: Asante, DeCouldn't, Nic,Snelling, Reynolds! I'd have to think about the rest.

Let's imagine that Gonzo, Samuel, Nicholas, Babineaux etc. gets cut in the preseason.. How much will that save us? is there anywhere one can look at the players contract. Cuz there wouldn't be an idea in cutting Samuel and Bab if we took a cap hit..

I will never understand how some of you fools wanna get rid of Babs. He is the best dline player we have by a mile. He is soooo under rated it's criminal

2014 cap room is not tremendously relevant to getting this team turned around for next year as long as we are not in cap prison. We just need a little room to make some moves.

The common thought is lets cut a bunch of guys and then go buy a bunch of new guys. I wish it were that easy but it just doesn't work.

You can't go out and buy a winner no matter how much money you have (see Redskins, Cowboys or Eagles).

The truth of the matter is that we have to hope that we have talent on this roster that is being held back or not developing well. If this is not the case we will be in for several years of losing no matter how much cap room we have.

I personally believe in Dimitroff (even though that is not a popular sentiment). You all better hope I am right or we are in BIG trouble.

2014 cap room is not tremendously relevant to getting this team turned around for next year as long as we are not in cap prison. We just need a little room to make some moves.

The common thought is lets cut a bunch of guys and then go buy a bunch of new guys. I wish it were that easy but it just doesn't work.

You can't go out and buy a winner no matter how much money you have (see Redskins, Cowboys or Eagles).

The truth of the matter is that we have to hope that we have talent on this roster that is being held back or not developing well. If this is not the case we will be in for several years of losing no matter how much cap room we have.

I personally believe in Dimitroff (even though that is not a popular sentiment). You all better hope I am right or we are in BIG trouble.

I think we are in big trouble, but I hope you are right friend.