Worrilow's Gargabe Tackle Numbers

ColoradoFalcon

'Been seeing some posts lamenting Worrilow's tackle numbers - that they're not tackles for a loss. "Garbage" tackles on a team where tackling is woefully deficient.

I take that as a positive. For those criticizing him, or minimizing his stats, you're actually subconsciously praising the guy with your expectations. You're setting the bar higher for him. Which is a good thing.

Remember, he's an undrafted free agent. We should be whooping and hollering he's racking up the numbers he is. The fact that people are raising their expectations that he should have more tackles for a loss is a compliment. He's a rookie. And he's balling. Kid's only going to get better.

Mods, can you change my typo from Gargabe to Garbage?

Edited by ColoradoFalcon

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not against him, but I am not as impressed with him as others are. Garbage tackles are nothing to write home about, even if you get 19 of them.

Then re-watch the game. Saved a tough 1st down by being the ONLY person to stop the RB after a long free run. You can have your doubts all you want. I will still see the guy as a bright spot this year.

Then re-watch the game. Saved a tough 1st down by being the ONLY person to stop the RB after a long free run. You can have your doubts all you want. I will still see the guy as a bright spot this year.

Didn't watch tonight's game so I can't comment. Yes, he is certainly a bright spot of this year, and yes I would like to see him get the starting role next year, however the majority of his tackles come too far away from the LOS and rarely comes downhill at RBs. He just kinda bounces there until they come to him. I accredit this to poor DTs, though. I think with the right space eaters in front of him he could be great, but he is nowhere close to an all star right now -- garbage tackles are garbage tackles, whether that's his fault or not.

I'm not against him, but I am not as impressed with him as others are. Garbage tackles are nothing to write home about, even if you get 19 of them.

I disagree. The fact the guy is on the team defies the odds. That's he's making more plays than anyone else defies them even more. I don't care whose guy he is - Nolan, TD - it doesn't matter. He has a nose for the ball, and a natural instinct for the game. Is he going to be a Singletary or a Tuggle? I don't know. With the odds he's already overcome, I'd aver the odds are in his favor.

Edited by ColoradoFalcon

I disagree. The fact the guy is on the team defies the odds. That's he's making more plays than anyone else defies them even more. I don't care whose guy he is - Nolan, TD - it doesn't matter. He has a nose for the ball, and a natural instinct for the game. Is he going to be a Singletary or a Tuggle? I don't know. With the odds he's already overcome, I'd aver the odds are in his favor.

It's just not impressive. As a defensive player, you must minimize yards gained -- simply tackling isn't good enough (well maybe on the Falcons it is). I'm not saying he's bad, but he isn't a force to be reckoned with. He is just tackling and RBs will take what he gives them, which is 5 yards.

Edited by Falcanuck

Didn't watch tonight's game so I can't comment. Yes, he is certainly a bright spot of this year, and yes I would like to see him get the starting role next year, however the majority of his tackles come too far away from the LOS and rarely comes downhill at RBs. He just kinda bounces there until they come to him. I accredit this to poor DTs, though. I think with the right space eaters in front of him he could be great, but he is nowhere close to an all star right now -- garbage tackles are garbage tackles, whether that's his fault or not.

Then you have nothing that I want to hear. Sorry man.

Don't know how you can complain about Paul Worrilow stopping RBs 3,5, 7 yards past the LOS when our other LBs, including the much celebrated Spoon, routinely let LBS run free for 10 to 15 yards, if they make the stop at all. PW can't play at the LOS because we don't have the Dline to allow it. If he plays up on the line he is going to get washed out. can't make tackels in the backfield when the play calls for you to read and react 10 yards off the LOS.

It's just not impressive. As a defensive player, you must minimize yards gained -- simply tackling isn't good enough (well maybe on the Falcons it is). I'm not saying he's bad, but he isn't a force to be reckoned with. He is just tackling and RBs will take what he gives them, which is 5 yards.

He's an UDFA rookie. I think your expectations are unreasonably high. He has a motor, clearly. He's figuring things out. Nowhere near the biggest LB in the league. He's establishing a reputation for himself. I think long-term - yes, it could be wishful thinking - but I genuinely think this guy is the real deal.

He diagnosed and hit the holes well tonight, but you didn't watch it. If a few other players had his heart then we'd probably be a little better.

'Been seeing some posts lamenting Worrilow's tackle numbers - that they're not tackles for a loss. "Garbage" tackles on a team where tackling is woefully deficient.

I take that as a positive. For those criticizing him, or minimizing his stats, you're actually subconsciously praising the guy with your expectations. You're setting the bar higher for him. Which is a good thing.

Remember, he's an undrafted free agent. We should be whooping and hollering he's racking up the numbers he is. The fact that people are raising their expectations that he should have more tackles for a loss is a compliment. He's a rookie. And he's balling. Kid's only going to get better.

Mods, can you change my typo from Gargabe to Garbage?

Numbers/totals aside...

He had two tackles in first half that were excellent where he showed how just stout he his as a tackler. Most other LBs would have been ran over and discarded on both.

You need to stop with the "he isn't impressive" tact until you at least watch the game v Saints and WATCH what Worrilow accomplishes. Then form an opinion.