Falcons. Your Problems Are Not Injury Related. You Have Horrible Coaching.

Big Bubba

Your WRs are actually decent.. They had some drops, but so did the Saints WRs. The Oline gave Ryan plenty of time to work the short game had those kind of plays been dialed up more frequently. Your defense held the Saints to 17 points. For the most part, it was the playcalling on offense.

Edit: I blame that last offensive series on Ryan. We know he can audible out of plays if he feels the situation is bad. That close to the endzone......with the game on the line and plenty of time on the clock. He should have seriously opted to get rid of the ball within 2 seconds of the snap instead of wasting time trying to make something happen deep, taking multiple sacks and getting backed up.

That's the sh1t that Cam does every now and then, his excuse is he's a 3rd year qb. Ryan is a $100M qb that has been in the league for 6 years.

I am not thrilled with the Coaching

But the Problem is the Lines, both of them , O and D

Falcons surprisingly played well on D tonight, But Ryan was hit , what 14 Times ? , Sacked 5 and hurried pretty much every snap....

I have no clue what they were thinking, granted we have been playing with Back up Tackles all yr, but that too is their Fault, Clabo is better than any tackle we have atm, and Right Guard is even in worse shape.... its bad, very bad, I hate to say it, but P Hill will get the Axe over TDs lack of foresight on the Line....

DK may also get the axe, even M Nolan is in trouble at this point....

I am not thrilled with the Coaching

But the Problem is the Lines, both of them , O and D

Falcons surprisingly played well on D tonight, But Ryan was hit , what 14 Times ? , Sacked 5 and hurried pretty much every snap....

I have no clue what they were thinking, granted we have been playing with Back up Tackles all yr, but that too is their Fault, Clabo is better than any tackle we have atm, and Right Guard is even in worse shape.... its bad, very bad, I hate to say it, but P Hill will get the Axe over TDs lack of foresight on the Line....

DK may also get the axe, even M Nolan is in trouble at this point....

When Ryan utilized the short game, they were moving the ball at will on the Saints. It's when he looked like he was trying to make a splash play down the field, that gave the Saints pass rush the time to get to him. When he was releasing the ball within 2.5s though, Falcons offense was tearing em up. Why they opted out of that, when the game was on the line. I do not know.

I Counted on the just the 5 step drops, not 7 but 5

1, 2

and they were in his face

when you dont have but 2 secs to get rid of it, yea its gonna be 3 steps and a short quick out or slant

thats all you can do

I dont care who you are.... 2 secs is not enough, even suspect lines you get 4 secs out of um....

this line, esp the right side is not even div 2 worthy imo, much less the Talent level of NFL D Lines....

its much worse than the bears a few yrs ago , only reason Ryan dont have Cutler Numbers from then as far as Sacks , is the 3 steps and quick release

The quick passes were working. When the plays called for it, all he needed was around 2s to get the ball out quickly... The Saints couldn't defend it.

Ryan and company literally went away from what was working, and tried doing sh1t that would require him to have a clean pocket for around 5s...and that wasn't an option...all that was happening was sack after sack in those situations.

This sh1t reminded me of the Cards game against the Panthers. The short game was working extremely well and in the 2nd half, Cam and company opted away from the short game and plays were dialed up that required him to stay in the pocket forever , it seemed, waiting for down the field crap to develop.

another thing I noticed........ Why didn't Ryan just try to run for that TD? Instead of sliding so close to the endzone? He was right there. He's not a fragile little flower... I think he could've made that TD.. he was taking bigger hits than he would've taken on that TD, in the pocket.

How is it possible to win as many games as the falcons have over the last six years with horrible coaching, a mediocre qb, a defense that can't stop anyone, no offensive line or barely any running game?

Because it's a combination of many things this year. Horrible coaching is a stretch. But Smith isn't a good in-game coach great at preperation.. Ryan is much better than Mediocre. The others are defieciencies that shoulda beeen addressed a lont time ago.

So, for most of the year, Falcons have been missing- starting LT, starting RT, starting RB, starting FB, starting WR, starting WR, starting DE, starting LB, starting LB, starting LB, starting DB- when half your starting 22 players are missing, injuries ARE a problem.

Smith looks a lot smarter if Johnson doesn't fumble in the red zone and drop a wide open 3rd down pass. If Moore doesn't go for the ball and Trufant intercepts it. If he had a RG who could block.

Smith is hardly perfect, but his team has been undone by injuries.

So, for most of the year, Falcons have been missing- starting LT, starting RT, starting RB, starting FB, starting WR, starting WR, starting DE, starting LB, starting LB, starting LB, starting DB- when half your starting 22 players are missing, injuries ARE a problem.

Smith looks a lot smarter if Johnson doesn't fumble in the red zone and drop a wide open 3rd down pass. If Moore doesn't go for the ball and Trufant intercepts it. If he had a RG who could block.

Of course theres a point to all the injuries but those starters on OLINE really arent that great to begin with. Theres also the depth that should be built and its not.

Saints have been without starting DL, starting DL, starting LB, starting LB, starting LB, starting CB, nickel CB (which is pretty much a starter in today's NFL) and that is just those that have been put on IR on defense...that doesn't even count those that have had injuries that didn't get put on IR

stop whining about injuries

Guest fibonacci

Saints have been without starting DL, starting DL, starting LB, starting LB, starting LB, starting CB, nickel CB (which is pretty much a starter in today's NFL) and that is just those that have been put on IR on defense...that doesn't even count those that have had injuries that didn't get put on IR

stop whining about injuries

many teams have had these injuries as well. some teams know how to use their depth chart..... and clearly some (falcons) don't have a clue.

but I see the falcons tannking the season since 3 games ago

Td better not screw this up. If I gotta endure this crap we better get a clowney or Matthewd out of this. After the last couple games I am leaning more towards the tackle.

I would go with OL

and sign J Allen

Allen, Osi and Beer coming Back would give us a great mix at DE in 2014

Guys. you can keep listing me the injury list. It doesn't matter.

Was I watching a different game than you guys last night? I saw a team that utilized quick throws and negated the Saints pass rush, in the process the Falcons were moving the ball at will. It was nothing the Saints did that stopped the Falcons from utilizing the short game... it wasn't due to injuries.. the Falcons, either Smith or Ryan, or maybe the OC, opted to abandon what was working... It was obvious in the 2nd quarter that he wasn't going to have 4+ seconds that he needed for some of those longer plays to develop.

A lot of those sacks............. the Falcons had no players in position for a check down or safety net. That's just bad planning for a team that should know their own weakness...and the weakness is Oline.. With a bad Oline, you don't abandon the plays that have your qb releasing the ball in around 2s in favor of plays that require the qb to stand in the pocket for 4+ seconds, for plays to develop.

That is on the coaching.

I agree, we've got some weak coaches. But our problems are definitely "injury-related". Am I saying it's 100% because of injuries? No. But even the strongest proponents of the "Boo hoo everyone deals with injuries, Atlanta has no excuse" argument can't say our problems aren't injury-related. I would say that still accounts for a lot of our problems... TD not being able to pick a linemen to save his life and us having poor depth just makes it that much worse. The Falcons, like many other NFL teams, were always just a few key injuries away from mediocrity and that's what we have this season.