William Moore Needs A Little Hate.

Tuggle'2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to stop lifting weights this off season and work on his speed and flexibility. I don't understand why talented safeties such as Landry & Moore are trying to bulk up to look like weight lifters...once a person puts on a certain amount of muscle, they start to lose flexibility which is vitally important for an NFL safety.

Some where along the line this guy forgot how to wrap up. He shoulder tackles almost every time, looking for the big hit. I wish someone would tell him to stop doing that.

Hate to give Brasky any credit for anything but he said it. WillyMo closes his eyes two steps before a hit. Flies in blind. He owes TRU AN INTERCEPTION. At the same time Tru needs to ask WillyMo about not getting run over.

I, for one, have stated my unhappiness with both safeties. It is a weakness that will have to be addressed, because big highlight hits do not make up for a half dozen missed tackles a game. The skill of tackling, overall in the NFL, has diminished, but the Falcons safeties are both really bad at this.

I made the comment here one time in response to a post saying Moore lays the wood. I said I do not care so much about laying wood as I do good, sound tackling. I will take a good wrap up and take down over a bone crunching hit anyday. This type play is not only less effective at getting the runner down, it is also leading to the injuries and penalties we see all the time.

I, for one, have stated my unhappiness with both safeties. It is a weakness that will have to be addressed, because big highlight hits do not make up for a half dozen missed tackles a game. The skill of tackling, overall in the NFL, has diminished, but the Falcons safeties are both really bad at this.

I made the comment here one time in response to a post saying Moore lays the wood. I said I do not care so much about laying wood as I do good, sound tackling. I will take a good wrap up and take down over a bone crunching hit anyday. This type play is not only less effective at getting the runner down, it is also leading to the injuries and penalties we see all the time.

Yep.

Ignore it all you want.

Moore sucks too.

I've been saying it all year long. He mistaken Drew Brees for RGIII, and allowing Jimmy Graham (arguably the best young TE in the NFL) to run right by him. We play the Saints twice a year every year, and Moore didn't think that Brees would be watching that move? He also didn't defend over the top in the first game when Bartu was beat by Colston. Both were very important touchdowns. The TD that first gave the Jets the lead late in the game. Moore, trying to play LB, left Kellen Winslow wide open in the back of the endzone on 3rd down. Both safeties suck. Point Blank Period.

It's not Willie Mo's fault he's a one-dimensional strong safety (can't cover anyone). How in the world did he ever get match up on the TE I don't know--but it was a definite advantage to Brees. Let's face it, Dimitroff was a rookie GM and has shown his rookie type decisions selecting a bunch of mediocre to substandard players. We have the worst tacklers in the league.

Before the season, DeCoud was supposed to be our cover guy and Moore was supposed to be our hard hitter. DeCoud has never made big hits, and Moore has never been a good coverage guy. Now that DeCoud sucks at coverage, Moore has to pick up the slack. He's one-dimensional, and can't do both. People never realized this because in previous years, DeCoud has always been a good cover guy. He's completely fallen of this season though, and now Moore is being exposed for the bad/mediocre cover guy he is.. Atleast Moore is keeping up the big hits.