What The He11 Game Were Some Of You Watching?

AREA 51

The team has not quit on Smith.

Ryan played as well as a quarterback can who is in constant fear for his life. He made throws, kept balance, extended some plays with his legs, and was driving for the go ahead score until that fumble.

The defense, though not always pretty, kept New Orleans pretty well in check.

I thought the Falcons played a darn good game for having nothing to play for, yet I see the same threads we always see.

I have been one to criticize as well, but for criticisms to look legitimate, once in awhile you have to give some credit as well. Otherwise you will not appear objective, and your opinion will be dismissed. Everything was not perfect, and they lost, but for tonight, how about some props for what I thought was the best effort this season.

saints are on the road far overrated.......lost in new york, lost in new england....won at bucs with freeman with two points! and won against the bears.....So it was a okay game, but you can beat this saints at home as 500 team.....but as top 5 pick no chance...

Yall still aren't hearing the OP! The players have NOT quit on Mike Smith, and that's all most of you have been spewing for weeks! He's not looking for moral victories he's just trying to calm you 3 year olds down!

it took a game against their biggest rival to get the players to put in a halfway decent effort. smith had nothing to do with it. and the team still lost in a humiliating fashion. next week vs buffalo we'll see the same team that played tampa bay.

Don't try and make sense of the majority of what's being posted on this board. When a team is losing, people go a bit nuts and want everyone fired or benched. Folks are pissed and it's just how fans react to it these days. I saw a hard fought effort, but once again the oline deficiencies kill us yet again.

Moral victories are for losing teams unfortunately

Moral victory is not really what I am talking about. This team has some talent issues, and most of the year we have discussed an apparent lack of effort. Last night, however, I saw effort, and like I tell my kids with their grades, if I know and believe they have given their best, and then come up short, I cannot ask for more. What my child or this team can do has limits in ability, but if they have given their best, at least there is no potential left unused.

That is my point, the Falcons are not as talented as the Saints, but I think they gave their best effort last night, and really, that is all anyone can ask for at this point. To get better, the Falcons have to upgrade some talent, but Smith had the Falcons ready to go last night. The Falcons did not embarrass on national TV like most of us expected.

The team has not quit on Smith.

Ryan played as well as a quarterback can who is in constant fear for his life. He made throws, kept balance, extended some plays with his legs, and was driving for the go ahead score until that fumble.

The defense, though not always pretty, kept New Orleans pretty well in check.

I thought the Falcons played a darn good game for having nothing to play for, yet I see the same threads we always see.

I have been one to criticize as well, but for criticisms to look legitimate, once in awhile you have to give some credit as well. Otherwise you will not appear objective, and your opinion will be dismissed. Everything was not perfect, and they lost, but for tonight, how about some props for what I thought was the best effort this season.

This is truth. There will be several people who think it isn't. Then there is Brad. happy.png

You don't need Mike Smith

Yall still aren't hearing the OP! The players have NOT quit on Mike Smith, and that's all most of you have been spewing for weeks! He's not looking for moral victories he's just trying to calm you 3 year olds down!

Against our most hated division rival No and the score dictated that. After the Arizona loss they quit on Smith and the scores dictate that as well

Carolina 34-10

Seahawks 33-10

Tampa Bay 41-28

Let's see how they do in Buffalo after a long week that will say alot.

Edited by Xfactor

it took a game against their biggest rival to get the players to put in a halfway decent effort. smith had nothing to do with it. and the team still lost in a humiliating fashion. next week vs buffalo we'll see the same team that played tampa bay.

No, this is not true. The players that will be here have look good.

Then this is even more sad if we use your logic. Our team is just god awful then.

Yes, there are talent problems, but last week everyone was complaining about effort and the team quitting on Smith. I simply point out that this game was a good effort and showed the team has not quit on Smith. I am not sure what people are looking for here. The team is not as talented as the Saints, but that is FOs fault.

So, I am wondering why all those who criticized the play last week, including myself, cannot just admit last night was a drastic improvement in effort? If we want to talk about the inferior talent, then fine, but that is different from what I am pointing out here.

As usual this team could only muster one half of football--the first half. They disappeared in the second half and could not score TDs. Pitiful. No one cares about a team quitting on Smitty--even though they ought to--the combination of players and coaching is what makes this team a bottom feeder.