2014 Fix...the Lines, Fa, And The Draft...

VaderMan

This can be done in one off season.

We need to SIGN a RT and draft a RG. I am thinking give Konz one more year to get bigger, stronger, better. Perhaps bring in a savvy vet to compete. Since we know Baker isnt going anywhere, all we can do is HOPE that he at least plays at his 2010 level. That was probably his best year over all.

We need to SIGN and DRAFT a DE, then DRAFT a DT. I say resign Peters and let Babs and Jerry walk. Maybe resign Jerry to a cheap contract for depth purposes. I have no problem with Jerry being the #3 or #4 DT, preferrably the #4. I admit he has played better this year and stayed fairly healthy.

My ideal situation has us signing Michael Oher and drafting the best OG available in the 2nd or 3rd.

Signing Michael Johnson and drafting Clowney, or the next best DE, but it looks like we have a real shot at Clowney. We select 3rd as of today. Vikes are 2nd and I know they would take him, especially with Jarred Allen being a FA. We cant afford to FIND pride now, and start winning games. All that will do is take us out of the running for Clowney.

We have the option of keeping Osi and pair him up with MJ, while having Clowney rotate as a pass rusher. Like the Giants did with Tuck and Osi and still drafted JPP. Or we could cut Osi and play MJ and Clowney from the start.

We look to be in good cap shape and can easily do all the above. Not to mention dead weight or decent to borderline players that we can do without and save money.

Dead weight - Nicholas, Decoud

Can do without - Nicholas, Decoud, Samuel, Bierman, Douglas, S Jax

I am not saying get rid of them, or even one of them. I am saying all are easily replaced, some are already replaced (Nicholas, Samuel, SJax). I am just saying that if we needed cap relief...look at these players.

For the life of me, I dont understand why we dont use 2 and 3 TE sets. Not only due to WRs being hurt, but to see what we have in LT and CC. Our coaching staff is clueless when it comes to developing talent, and getting all the players involved, especially to create mismatches. We got a glimmer of what A Smith can do. Yes it was sitauational but he still clearly has 4.4 speed at least. No other back on this roster could have made those runs....situational or not!

2014...GO FALCONS

id rather draft clowney and sign a DT and OG and draft a few more line men with the rest - i wanted to draft lineman at the begginning buuut still we may even be able to move back with a top 3 pick and get 2 2nd rounders or whatever - also - Vikes have no QB in one of the most talented QB classes in years, why do you think they will draft Clowney

id rather draft clowney and sign a DT and OG and draft a few more line men with the rest - i wanted to draft lineman at the begginning buuut still we may even be able to move back with a top 3 pick and get 2 2nd rounders or whatever - also - Vikes have no QB in one of the most talented QB classes in years, why do you think they will draft Clowney

Because their need at DE will be a great one. Jarredd Allen is FA. They may decide to give Josh Freeman a full year to acclomated to their system

I'm open to lots of different options, but at least for me, I will be disappointed with every draft pick under 285lbs.

We need more big fat fatties.

O-Line and DT are game changing positions that we've ignore for too long.

Look at how much better Carolina's entire D-line is with a couple high draft picks at DT. Babs has been better this year, but he almost never wraps up the QB when he gets in the backfield.

Don't care how we do it, but priority #1 has to be getting maulers at DT and the O-line.

I swear.....you guys love dumping our best talent......get rid of babs? wtf? didn't you learn last year when we dumped abs? it took years for the d to recover after we dumped kerney, at least give it a year to have multiple years to have 2 solid players at the same position. We had no reason to let kerney walk to get abs, now we done the same thing again to bring in osi. come on its like ground hogs day all over again. why can we not keep babs and let jerry go? babs is by far the best player on the line. just like last year, abs was the best player we had on the line and we let him go. then brought in osi. come on man!

I swear.....you guys love dumping our best talent......get rid of babs? wtf? didn't you learn last year when we dumped abs? it took years for the d to recover after we dumped kerney, at least give it a year to have multiple years to have 2 solid players at the same position. We had no reason to let kerney walk to get abs, now we done the same thing again to bring in osi. come on its like ground hogs day all over again. why can we not keep babs and let jerry go? babs is by far the best player on the line. just like last year, abs was the best player we had on the line and we let him go. then brought in osi. come on man!

I agree, but I doubt TD resigns him if he has to compete with teams that will throw big FA $ at him, someone prolly hand him 5 a year to plug a hole for a playoff run.

Its simple... We will get some relief in the salary cap next year. Sad to see Tony G's 7.5mill will be gone with no SB appearance. Build our O-line through FA, dump Steven Jackson and offer up Roddy White in a deal for a 3rd and 5th rounder. Build what's left through the draft. Get it done TD, or hire me Mr Blank, so I can.

Why would you dump Jackson?? He hasn't had a chance to run anywhere because this OLine is awful. Just see his 1year out on his contract. Heck when the line blocked for him tonight he had some good runs which means if we can fix the line we will have a bruiser RB in Jackson and speed guys in Quizz and Smith. Id say cut Snelling if you want to send a guy out for money reasons.

Because their need at DE will be a great one. Jarredd Allen is FA. They may decide to give Josh Freeman a full year to acclomated to their system

You may be right, but Freeman is who he is. If they are not wholely convinced that he is their QB of the future, they would be fools to pass up on a franchise QB in the first round. Bridgewater and Mariotta are franchise QB's. They would be fools to wait for the second round to draft another "possible", like Ponder, in the second round.