Is Decoud Delusional?

etherdome

This is from the AJC. It is about DeCoud's recent tweet.

On his verified Twitter account, @twenty28, DeCoud wrote, “By no means am I sittin here acting like I’m balling’ out there… but if you don’t know those three things I state.. you really have no room talk…” He linked to what appeared to be a journal entry through Instagram that read: “I understand that someone has to be the lightning rod for everyone’s frustration … but if you don’t know the huddle call…. The rules of our defense… or our game plan…you have no clue what’s goin’ on out there… I don’t care how much football you THINK you know…it’s a lot more going on than you can fathom.”

I am not sure that he is mentally healthy. Perhaps a toxicology screen, followed by a CT of his head, will help get to the root of the problem.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You don't want hear from the public. Don't make a social media account. DUH.

2. You make millions of dollars playing a children's game. Just like HCs youre expected to just bite your tongue and deflect the criticism. You look like an *** when you acknowledge it head on. Especially when you acknowledge it with excuses.

On his verified Twitter account, @twenty28, DeCoud wrote, “By no means am I sittin here acting like I’m balling’ out there… but if you don’t know those three things I state.. you really have no room talk…” He linked to what appeared to be a journal entry through Instagram that read: “I understand that someone has to be the lightning rod for everyone’s frustration … but if you don’t know the huddle call…. The rules of our defense… or our game plan…you have no clue what’s goin’ on out there… I don’t care how much football you THINK you know…it’s a lot more going on than you can fathom.”

I am not sure that he is mentally healthy. Perhaps a toxicology screen, followed by a CT of his head, will help get to the root of the problem.

IOW he's lost. Well that's plain to see, but even that doesn't explain playing touch football when the game is tackle.

I'm certainly aware that there's more going on on the field than I know. I don't know the playcalls, I don't know the responsibilities, etc.

That said, I don't need to be a pro QB to know that Peyton Manning is awesome. And when I see a player line up for a tackle and either miss entirely or fail to wrap up and let the ball-carrier escape, I don't need to be Ronnie Lott to know that the defender messed up.

And I REALLY don't need to be an expert to know that a player who gets BENCHED in favor of a late-round rookie drafted to play STRONG safety isn't at the top of his profession.

What a clown.

1. You don't want hear from the public. Don't make a social media account. DUH.

2. You make millions of dollars playing a children's game. Just like HCs youre expected to just bite your tongue and deflect the criticism. You look like an *** when you acknowledge it head on. Especially when you acknowledge it with excuses.

End of discussion. This post sums it all up.

At the very least, he just put a stake through his heart indicting the hands that feed him.

Wish we had a beast on the defense that could say "I know the huddle call and the game plan and Thomas... You suck dude".

Too bad we don't have one defensive player who plays well enough to earn the right to call out non performing teammates.

I think Worrilow is doing that. He called out Osi last Sunday!blink.png

DeCarp is emotionally blocking.

Notice how defensive he is in his comments?

The question now, is how far do we push the guy?

Full frontal lobotomy or 3 weeks at GRN under suicide watch?

Hate to be that mean spirited, but the guy has no freaking clue

as to what he is walking himself into.

This is true. When people bashed D Rob a lot a couple years ago, most of the time it was Decouds fault not D Robs.

So it's never what it seems.

Wasn't DeCoud the one who was all "this defense let's us just play as players, we can fly around and do whatever we want" blah blah blah when we hired Nolan? The play this year makes it look like the OPPOSITE. It's a lot to handle? Isn't every position in the nfl a lot to handle? He went to Cal for god sakes...

Edited by roddyyoudaman

I don't know if he is delusional but he is the team mouthpiece and becoming a cancer

maybe I don't know what really goes on and yeah I'm not a professional athelete but it doesn't take a genius to see you are playing like a puss in coverage and a daisy when it comes to tackling

Edited by Nono

What DeCoud needs to realize is that his play has been so completely God-awful that he got benched in favor of a 7th round pick that doesn't know the huddle call or the rules of our defense. AND IT WAS AN UPGRADE!