I Think Nolan Is Gone At The End Of The Season

Jaymadd

Do yall remember the whole Mike Nolan coming down to the field to coach during games. We won that game against the Bucs and in a press conference Mike Nolan simply stated that the team wanted to do something different and since we won he might continue to coach from the sidelines, but he also said if we didnt win then he may go back to the booth. It seems like their is a disconnect between Smitty and Nolan when it comes to this defense. I do believe with the way the defense has played this season we might see the last year of the Mike Nolan experiement. If we get a new DC, I want to the new DC to hand pick his defensive coaching staff. I am bored at work and needed to put my thoughts on text.

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Nolan has been without a starting DE, all 3 starting LBs, and a starting corner for good chunks of the year, he's had a DE new to his system and a rookie corner starting, ST and the offense have left his D in short field situations all year long.

Why would anyone think you can judge his ability based on this clusterf### of a year?

Guest facelessman07

So you want the DC to pick his coaching staff while Smitty is head coach? That's about as good a possibility as Obama being re-elected

If Smitty returns he'll be back but with what we're seeing from the defense he deserves some heat too. He may not be working with a ton of talent over there but they're flirting with being the worst D in the league and that typically leads or should lead to change. Somewhat surprised as he's performed well elsewhere without a ton of talent on that side of the ball.

So Nolan has been without a starting DE, all 3 starting LBs, and a starting corner for good chunks of the year, he's had a DE new to his system and a rookie corner starting, ST and the offense have left his D in short field situations all year long.

Why would anyone think you can judge his ability based on this clusterf### of a year?

Im a firm believer in consistency. Changing up schemes and coordinators so freely is a very bad thing.

Bierman is an average DE that's career high is 4.5 sacks

The backup LBs have played well and up to par with the original starting LBs

The rookie corners have played well

but overall team defense is an joke

Nolan (and Smith) will be back. But, Koetter, I'm not so sure about.

This would also be my prediction. We have to remember Nolan inherited most of this bunch and we had no fist rounder his first season…we took Konz with our first pick in the 2nd round. I'd like to judge Nolan given the opportunity to build and run his personal style of defense.