The Perfect Year To Have A Top 10 Pick

atljbo

If Clowney somehow gets taken we need to trade back and grab Mack and/or Hageman. That would be nasty. In our system, Mack would have to play DE I believe.

Not a fan of Hageman, but if we somehow can't get Clowney, I'd be happy with Mack. He'd completely replace Biermann. He's a better pass rusher, more athletic, better in coverage, just better in every way.

Not a fan of Mack at this point. Definitely a very athletic dude, but if i'm being honest I like Van Noy and Barr over Mack. It is still early and alot can change but I like what i see from Barr and Van Noy

Why does everyone like him so much?

I love Van Noy...Barr, not so much.

I'm a fan of Mack because he's relentless. He's extremely athletic, shows the ability to manhandle blockers one on one, and has a Von Miller-esque bend around the corner. Top that with, like I said, a relentless motor, and I'm sold.

I love Van Noy...Barr, not so much.

I'm a fan of Mack because he's relentless. He's extremely athletic, shows the ability to manhandle blockers one on one, and has a Von Miller-esque bend around the corner. Top that with, like I said, a relentless motor, and I'm sold.

He is similar to Elvis Dumervil to me.

Not a fan of Mack at this point. Definitely a very athletic dude, but if i'm being honest I like Van Noy and Barr over Mack. It is still early and alot can change but I like what i see from Barr and Van Noy

Why does everyone like him so much?

besides what kayoh said the reason Im really high on back besides. back motor abduction seeing dude been the edge or straight just man handle bullish a tackle is that dude has that dog in him .... That's the type of players i feel we need on this team ... dude plays with a edge.

a trade back that gets us Mack AND Hageman would be nice... and its possible.

or Cameron Erving and Hageman.

Barr is NOT what some people think he is/or will be in the NFL.... just NOT. As of now he better go to a 3-4 scheme where he only play RushOLB.

Mack could be a LB/DE/LEO.

Man. this D would be so much better if we could generate an effective pass rush with the front 4. Grab a stud game changer for the D with the first pick and this team is back in the playoffs with that one pick.

Then, grab a DTackle or two in FA, get a stud RG with the 2nd rounder, another OT in FA- the lines are much better and this team could go deep in the playoffs.

Guest King Jigsaw

I've also seen Mack compared to Von Miller

Every rush linebacker that's being hyped gets compared to Von Miller. Doesn't make the comparisons valid.

I've also seen Mack compared to Von Miller

I can definitely support that comparison. The more tape you watch of Mack, the more you see a guy who can be a three down Sam Backer, or, if you want, a two down Sam Backer and nickel DE. He's just a great football player. He's got great instincts, excellent change of direction ability, very good, explosive first step, and he's actually capable of working through trash and shedding blocks, which is one category that I've seen literally ZERO ability from Barr in. Barr is great at chasing the QB and getting him down when nobody blocks him, or running around tackles who are too heavy-footed to keep up with him, but if somebody gets their hands on him, he's done. If somebody gets their hands on Khalil Mack, he has the hand technique, leverage and bend to get off the block extremely effectively and quickly.

Clowney > Mack > Barr

I'm still trying to figure out if Barr is even as good as Van Noy and/or Murphy. Early signs point to no.

I can definitely support that comparison. The more tape you watch of Mack, the more you see a guy who can be a three down Sam Backer, or, if you want, a two down Sam Backer and nickel DE. He's just a great football player. He's got great instincts, excellent change of direction ability, very good, explosive first step, and he's actually capable of working through trash and shedding blocks, which is one category that I've seen literally ZERO ability from Barr in. Barr is great at chasing the QB and getting him down when nobody blocks him, or running around tackles who are too heavy-footed to keep up with him, but if somebody gets their hands on him, he's done. If somebody gets their hands on Khalil Mack, he has the hand technique, leverage and bend to get off the block extremely effectively and quickly.

Clowney > Mack > Barr

I'm still trying to figure out if Barr is even as good as Van Noy and/or Murphy. Early signs point to no.

Nice succinct assessment.

Mack has a knack for getting through the traffic like water through cracks... it practically makes me LOL watching him get around and through the bodies in his way! I so want to have that in a Falcons defender... the closest we have to it is Worrilow right now. he's good, but Mack is just stupid good at it.

I am already tiring of the Barr is so great talk. Put him at RushOLB in a true 3-4 and he will be okay. try to use him as a DE and watch him become the next JAM98.

Nice succinct assessment.

Mack has a knack for getting through the traffic like water through cracks... it practically makes me LOL watching him get around and through the bodies in his way! I so want to have that in a Falcons defender... the closest we have to it is Worrilow right now. he's good, but Mack is just stupid good at it.

I am already tiring of the Barr is so great talk. Put him at RushOLB in a true 3-4 and he will be okay. try to use him as a DE and watch him become the next JAM98.

He isn't the type of bust that JA98 was. He's the type of bust that Aaron Maybin was.