This Is Who I Want With The 1St Pick Of The Draft!

FalconJim

6'8", 308 lbs.....are you kidding me? This guy is a beast!!! Currently ranked #4 in the nation, and could be a great pick for us, since it looks like Clowney may go 2nd, maybe even 1st, and I think we win too many games to pick that high.

BRING HIM HOME, T.D.!!!!!!!!

taylor-lewan.jpg?w=165&h=110

Taylor Lewan

OT; Senior; Michigan; 6-8, 308

(Last Week: 4) Lewan said he wouldn’t apologize for being 4-0, but as a leader, he needs to help the Wolverines play better when Minnesota comes to Ann Arbor.

What in the world makes you think we win too many games to pick top 2?

Do people not watch the games? Lol

Sure I watch the games --- season ticket holder for 25+ years --- and, I think we win a couple more games, if nothing else, by accident. I mean, we can't make it THAT obvious that we're "tanking it" on purpose. LOL!

But seriously, if we don't win any more games, that's alright, too --- even better, as far as the draft goes!!!

Edited by FalconJim

I don't get why some of you are wanting to trade down, trade up, whatever.

When you see an outstanding player like Taylor Lewan, why wouldn't you want to draft HIM, instead of trading down to get 2 or 3 "pigs in a poke" that apparently have less talent, or they would be rated higher.

Just because you have more picks, does NOT mean that you'll get better players ---- unless you get REAL lucky! I'd rather go with a known commodity.

It's sort of like BPA ---- and this is definitely a position of need!

If you are going oline a guard would be more valuable than a tackle. Pick a tackle and you still need a guard. Believe it or not Baker when healthy and Holmes can work out very well at tackle if you shoreup the guard and center spot.

Oh, I say get a guard, too.....what I was thinking is, acquire Lewan to take over for Baker at some point, and that would shore up Ryan's "blindside" for many years to come. And too, Baker can't seem to stay healthy, so that could happen sooner than you think!

If you are going oline a guard would be more valuable than a tackle. Pick a tackle and you still need a guard. Believe it or not Baker when healthy and Holmes can work out very well at tackle if you shoreup the guard and center spot.

Definitely

Interior pressure is far more lethal than pressure off the edges. And with our struggles at RG and C i think we definitely need to address that position pretty early in the draft as well as FA

I love how some of the guys who say Clowney is Overrated want Lewen when Clowney dominated him last year

Yeah, but from what I've heard and read, Clowney is lazy, and doesn't have a "motor". Besides, one game, does not a player make.

Now don't get me wrong, Clowney can be a freak when he wants to, and I wouldn't be totally against it, if TD & Smitty feels he's the better player, and can be coached up to play all 60 mins. of a game.

It'll be interesting to see who we pick, because it's definitely a position of need!

Yeah, but from what I've heard and read, Clowney is lazy, and doesn't have a "motor". Besides, one game, does not a player make.

Now don't get me wrong, Clowney can be a freak when he wants to, and I wouldn't be totally against it, if TD & Smitty feels he's the better player, and can be coached up to play all 60 mins. of a game.

It'll be interesting to see who we pick, because it's definitely a position of need!

Honestly he is getting back from injury he will dominate the last few games...

ESPN are just making a story

Both tackles are projected first rounders

Jadeveon Clowney vs Taylor Lewan

Jadeveon Clowney vs. Antonio Richardson

You're snortin' that good stuff if you think that the Falcons won't be picking #1 or #2 next year. Delusional to think that we will win more games. We couldn't even beat the Bucs, who suck, or the Jets in the Dome with an AWFUL Geno Smith at QB and now Smith is going to put in the backups to evaluate them. You think we will beat Carolina's Defense, New Orleans w/Brees the Falcons slaughterer, or Green Bay at Lambeau? Gotta love the optimism i guess??? RGIII and EJ Manuel will run us ragged as we don't scheme well for mobile QBs. I don't see any more W's on the schedule while Jax has Houston 2 times in the next 2 weeks and they could luck up and win one of those and the Vikes will probably get Green Bay without Rodgers so they could pull the W there too. If Rodgers doesn't play against us then we will get Flynn and he will probably set himself up for another 4-5 seasons by dropping 5 TDs on our D.