Nothing Burns Me Up More Than

Nono

We are down a couple of scores late in the 4th quarter and we are going to lose, that is a fact I have accepted about this season all too often, but nothing chaps my arse more than Matt Ryan dropping back and throwing the underneath passes or dink and dunk when we are losing by 10 or more points with a couple of minutes on the clock.

Throw the ball down field. Who cares about what the defense is giving up, take a chance. It looks so silly gaing 7 yards on a dink pass when we should have thrown a 50 yard bomb.

I will bring this up again, and I know a lot of folks say its the offensive scheme, but Matt Ryan either has a wiener arm beyond 20 yards or he is inaccurate or something--because 99% of QB's would throw it long.

**** boy, be the superhero we paid you to be.

Edited by Nono

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are down a couple of scores late in the 4th quarter and we are going to lose, that is a fact I have accepted about this season all too often, but nothing chaps my arse more than Matt Ryan dropping back and throwing the underneath passes or dink and dunk when we are losing by 10 or more points with a couple of minutes on the clock.

Throw the ball down field. Who cares about what the defense is giving up, take a chance. It looks so silly gaing 7 yards on a dink pass when we should have thrown a 50 yard bomb.

I will bring this up again, and I know a lot of folks say its the offensive scheme, but Matt Ryan either has a wiener arm beyond 20 yards or he is inaccurate or something--because 99% of QB's would throw it long.

**** boy, be the superhero we paid you to be.

Yeah force the ball into an impossible situation and have to listen to more bitching about how many ints he is throwing. Some people just don't get it

you mean my $2500 for season tickets went in Arthur's pocket and not Matty Fieldgoals? Well dang

I know Dominique got his knee banged and was limited on Monday's practice, but that guy has a cannon arm---no he isn't 1/3 the QB Mr. Fieldgoal is but he has a lot of potential--I would like to see more of him.

Maybe Matt could learn a trick or two

Yeah force the ball into an impossible situation and have to listen to more bitching about how many ints he is throwing. Some people just don't get it

I see your point, but WTF is a 7 yard dink pass going to do? Its like a mosquito bite when you need points fast

Still more effective than an interception. Oh $hit, you just made me defend Smittyball. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Cardinal Sin!! lol

Seriously you nailed it though. It's the exact same reason we still try and run it up the middle while being down or 3rd and long. This blame it all on Ryan nonsense is funny though. People just can't wait to blame him. Good times.

Cardinal Sin!! lol

Seriously you nailed it though. It's the exact same reason we still try and run it up the middle while being down or 3rd and long. This blame it all on Ryan nonsense is funny though. People just can't wait to blame him. Good times.

That's what I mean. People on here would rather throw hail Mary's every play, then bit$h and moan when it doesn't pay off. Ryan can't make a defence play tight or loose depending on how much we are behind already. But your right that some of the people here just can't get past the whole blame it on Ryan thing. It's too hard for some to comprehend that if our defence stopped a team from scoring at will just once in a while we wouldn't have a perceived need to throw bombs to get us out of trouble. On a side note too, it is quite hard for a QB to give his receivers enough time to get deep enough to throw a bomb when a DT is in his face being chased by whoever blew their wad on the O line. I swear we could have Joe Montana as our QB and some of the posters around here would still get their panties in a twist. Ryan is a great QB, imagine if we had Harrington behind this line .......OUCH!

In general, the Falcons are not an attacking offense. It's just not their mindset. It was last season, but that was last season. You will see an attacking offense Thursday night in the Saints. It's what they do. Every offensive play they run is about getting the ball as far downfield as possible. The Saints think vertical, whereas the Falcons think...dink.

I love how people think owning tickets gives them part ownership of the team.

I see the OP's point, though he may not have stated it very clearly. Owning tickets may very well give one a vested interest in the team, but not part ownership of it, obviously. So, I get what he's saying. Season ticket holders are a significant revnue stream for owners of NFL teams, and were that stream ever to dry up, either abruptly or gradually, that would present a huge financial problem; a problem that Blank himself is going to have to deal with next season, though I'm pretty sure he's already got a strategy for how he plans to retain them (or at least try to.)

In general, the Falcons are not an attacking offense. It's just not their mindset. It was last season, but that was last season. You will see an attacking offense Thursday night in the Saints. It's what they do. Every offensive play they run is about getting the ball as far downfield as possible. The Saints think vertical, whereas the Falcons think...dink.

Thanks for sticking up for me BB

anyone wanna guess the score Thursday? I say Saints 42 Falcons 20

good news is there will be a lot of fights and fines

Edited by Nono

I see the OP's point, though he may not have stated it very clearly. Owning tickets may very well give one a vested interest in the team, but not part ownership of it, obviously. So, I get what he's saying. Season ticket holders are a significant revnue PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL for owners of NFL teams, and were that PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL ever to dry up, either abruptly or gradually, that would present a huge financial problem; a problem that Blank himself is going to have to deal with next season, though I'm pretty sure he's already got a strategy for how he plans to retain them (or at least try to.)

It's a gamble. This year it's a loss.

I am just trying to figure out why people freak out over a bad season like it has never happened before.

anyone wanna guess the score Thursday? I say Saints 42 Falcons 20

good news is there be a lot of fights and fines

I have the Saints scoring at least that many, but where do you see 20 points coming from for the Falcons? Seriously. The way this offense is performing, we'll be lucky to even get into the red zone at all. This team has no fight, no focus, and no confidence at all. In fact, if I'm the Saints, I'm viewing the Falcons as a team that's already defeated. Playing the game is merely a formality.

It's a gamble. This year it's a loss.

I am just trying to figure out why people freak out over a bad season like it has never happened before.

I agree---its just such a dam shock when we were 13-3 and one play form the SB and now we are fighting the Jags for the worst record all with less than a year. We all bought in to the Sjax and Osi adds were gonna make us the best.

I tell ya what burns more. Is how on 3rd and 8 or longer they have 2 receivers on 5 yard dump offs running east and west and they toss it to them only to come up sort by 2 to 3 yards, time to punt.

If they can't see that does nothing to help other then get 5 yards that the D gives back on the first play anyway, the staff needs help.

If you are going to throw it underneath on 3rd down at least have the players close if not on the first down marker.

I agree---its just such a dam shock when we were 13-3 and one play form the SB and now we are fighting the Jags for the worst record all with less than a year. We all bought in to the Sjax and Osi adds were gonna make us the best.

The injuries and underperformance this season is a blessing in disguise because, speaking of "disguise", those things have served only to "unmask" this team for what it truly is. Our problems go much deeper than Osi or SJax. From a depth standpoint, our entire roster is comprised of underperforming players and needs to be addressed from top to bottom. That we went 13-3 last season simply hid the warts that lay just below the surface of what this team presented itself to be and what we now know it to be in reality.

I tell ya what burns more. Is how on 3rd and 8 or longer they have 2 receivers on 5 yard dump offs running east and west and they toss it to them only to come up sort by 2 to 3 yards, time to punt.

If they can't see that does nothing to help other then get 5 yards that the D gives back on the first play anyway, the staff needs help.

If you are going to throw it underneath on 3rd down at least have the players close if not on the first down marker.

yeah we play such small ball---its embarassing at times

The injuries and underperformance this season is a blessing in disguise because, speaking of "disguise", those things have served only to "unmask" this team for what it truly is. Our problems go much deeper than Osi or SJax. From a depth standpoint, our entire roster is comprised of underperforming players and needs to be addressed from top to bottom. That we went 13-3 last season simply hid the warts that lay just below the surface of what this team presented itself to be and what we now know it to be in reality.

good points---does include the coaching staff and head coaches?

Absolutely! Because they're the ones who are ultimately responsible for constructing the 53-man roster to begin with. The buck has to stop with them!

phew---we're starting over. Guess thats a good thing and needs to happen. Who is gonna make the draft picks? new coach I'm guessing