Rip Thomas Howard....

Rave

Didn't we just sign that guy the other day? Crazy. I feel more sorry for the man Howard killed than anyone else, but it's a real shame for both of them and their families anyway. I've done 100+ on the highway before multiple times (16 y/o with a 6-speed Trans Am; that's behind me). These stories really make you appreciate the sort of consequences that getting a little too happy behind the wheel can have.

Didn't we just sign that guy the other day? Crazy. I feel more sorry for the man Howard killed than anyone else, but it's a real shame for both of them and their families anyway. I've done 100+ on the highway before multiple times (16 y/o with a 6-speed Trans Am; that's behind me). These stories really make you appreciate the sort of consequences that getting a little too happy behind the wheel can have.

Regardless of fault, 30 is a young age to go out. Im 33...thats a little close to home.

Thomas Howard killed at least one other person with his stupidity. Who speaks for them?

That's what I thought when I read about it this morning. The other old guy's minding his own business driving down the road when another car traveling 100+MPH hits another vehicle and is thrown in the path of this poor guy. This is where my sympathy lies. The Real Victim.

That's what I thought when I read about it this morning. The other old guy's minding his own business driving down the road when another car traveling 100+MPH hits another vehicle and is thrown in the path of this poor guy. This is where my sympathy lies. The Real Victim.

This is my problem with this. Are we so focused on right and wrong that there is no empathy for another human being losing their life? Howard made a mistake, its not like he was intending to hurt anyone. Why must there be a finger pointed? Why cant we be empathic to all parties involved?

I guarantee if everyone was honest on this board, the majority here have driven at or close to 100 mph at least once in your life time. Just because you lived to tell about it, doesnt make you any better than Howard.

This is my problem with this. Are we so focused on right and wrong that there is no empathy for another human being losing their life? Howard made a mistake, its not like he was intending to hurt anyone. Why must there be a finger pointed? Why cant we be empathic to all parties involved?

I guarantee if everyone was honest on this board, the majority here have driven at or close to 100 mph at least once in your life time. Just because you lived to tell about it, doesnt make you any better than Howard.

I understand what you're saying, but the fact remains the kid took another life, along with his own....for what? A joy ride? It's just sad all the way around.

I understand what you're saying, but the fact remains the kid took another life, along with his own....for what? A joy ride? It's just sad all the way around.

That was my point. I understand what you were saying to. However, whenever there is a loss of life, regardless the reason, its sad. Im sure if Howard realized what the consequences would have been that day he wouldnt have been going that fast. Of course, you can say that about a lot of decisions we all make. Ive been guilty of driving 80 down the main highway to my house. Im guilty also.

Remember that when dealing with WFW superswamper! But Hey Jack, WFW is just sayin' just because there is snow on the roof doesn't mean that there isn't fire in the furnace!

Only a self involved, scrotum breathed, dickless weasel such as yourself could take a thread like this and try and make it about you.rolleyes.gif