Capitalism Has Jumped The Shark... Walmart Has Food Drive For Its Own Employees.

Some of you guys need to come to terms with the modern economy. You can't ask Walmart to go out of business to accommodate a group of people who haven't done much to advance their station in life. Well, I guess you can, if you don't have any concern for the viability of a business.

Seriously, they are trying to help their employees and you guys are bitching. Who is the real enemy here?

They could help by paying them enough to not require welfare and thus make their workforce subsidized.

WallMart does more to help low wage people in a single day than any of you will in your lifetimes.

How so?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have to if you guys would simply answer the question. How much should someone make for working as a cashier at Walmart? What about the greeter?

Living wage varies between regions. In Georgia it would be between around $10.50 per hour, roughly $3 more than the current minimum wage. But you can continue to blither on about paying cashiers six figures like some ****** as if you're making an unbeatable argument.

They are already getting paid enough to eat.

True or false: Walmart picks strangers up off the street and forces them to greet the people that enter their store.

No they aren't. A vast majority of Wal-Mart employees need supplement welfare such as food stamps to get by. This has been pointed out numerous times between your idiotic hyperbole posts of paying them six figures.

No they aren't. A vast majority of Wal-Mart employees need supplement welfare such as food stamps to get by. This has been pointed out numerous times between your idiotic hyperbole posts of paying them six figures.

It sounds like they are making poor financial decisions. If you are collecting a check for work, you can afford to feed yourself. According to some of you guys, every single person who turns to the government for assistance is a victim. You disgust me. This country is going to **** and that attitude is the primary reason why.

How much do you make, Lou?

Depends on workload. I make a base of 15 per hour but then I make 30.00 per tax return completed. During tax season it can be a fortune. During the rest of the year its decent. Im saving up for my own business and should be good to go by summertime though so hopefully those numbers will go up

I have a riveting tale for you chaps:

I went to Taco Bell for lunch a while back, and the drive-through was backed up so I went inside to save time. After I ordered, I stood by the counter and happened to watch one of the cooks while I waited. This kid was working insanely fast to keep up with the line of customers, furiously slapping together tacos and rolling burritos and ****. Like crazy fast.

It's definitely not skilled labor; I'm sure anyone could figure out how to do that with a little training (it's only like the same 6 ingredients in different forms), but this kid was WORKING HIS AZZ OFF. Nonstop movement. I was exhausted just watching this ****.

Point is, I don't care what kind of "meaningless" job someone has- if you're working you need to get paid enough to live.

It's been proven that Walmart and other big companies don't do that. They use the taxpayers to subsidize their workforce in the name of greed. ****'s not cool at all.

Don't like Wal Mart or what they are doing?

THEN STOP SHOPPING THERE

This isn't a capitalism problem or a government problem. This is consumers who continue to "vote" for Wal Mart's success with their $$$. If you don't like Wal Mart stop giving them money. Simple as that.

I'm one of these yuppies that tries to avoid Walmart like the plague. I really wish it were that simple.

Unfortunately for large swaths of rural America, Walmart is the only game in town. They force the mom-and-pop's out of business with predatory pricing and leave small towns with no other reasonable choice.

I'm one of these yuppies that tries to avoid Walmart like the plague. I really wish it were that simple.

Unfortunately for large swaths of rural America, Walmart is the only game in town. They force the mom-and-pop's out of business with predatory pricing and leave small towns with no other reasonable choice.

I wonder how they're able to offer such low prices...