Capitalism Has Jumped The Shark... Walmart Has Food Drive For Its Own Employees.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the worst idea, but it would also be pretty costly. Plus, some people just aren't very smart.

A lot of people, myself included, were never really taught how to save money. I took a few hits before I realized its importance. Now that I do, it's all good. It should be taught in school and different ideas about saving should be taught... Maybe it would help influence some parents...

A lot of people, myself included, were never really taught how to save money. I took a few hits before I realized its importance. Now that I do, it's all good. It should be taught in school and different ideas about saving should be taught... Maybe it would help influence some parents...

I do think it should be part of any school curriculum.

This is one of those things that I think people have to get into a bad spot before they take it seriously. Can you imagine a group of 14-15 year olds sitting in a classroom listening to someone talk about budgeting and savings accounts and so forth? They wouldn't take it seriously because they couldn't see the relevance of it. I really like the idea of people receiving financial assistance being required to do some training on how to budget. Especially regarding food stamps, the idea is for it to be a temporary assistance while they transition into a job of some kind. Some training would help them long after they stopped receiving the assistance.

I do think it should be part of any school curriculum.

It no doubt should be.

I have taken enough loan applications with people with 70,80,100+ % dti's , negative bank accounts sky high credit card limits to know that people know jack chit about balancing finances .

I have counseled more than my share of young marines and sailors who literally were clueless about how a basic bank account works.