It Seems...

DurtyBurdz155

Well, my first thought is to use quick routes like slants to try to find an open receiver, but with no deep threat and no running game opposing teams are taking the short to intermediate routes across the middle away. As a result, the barrage of interceptions.

The truth is the falcons gambled on the oline, and they lost.

While the line is god awful, the line definitely isn't the reason for all of Ryans interceptions. The vast majority of his picks are poor throws/bad decisions by him. As far as the interceptions, I can't recall many that came from actually serious pressure. But i can recall several ******** throws.

Awesome post.

While the line is god awful, the line definitely isn't the reason for all of Ryans interceptions. The vast majority of his picks are poor throws/bad decisions by him. As far as the interceptions, I can't recall many that came from actually serious pressure. But i can recall several ******** throws.

Interesting, I can think of several. Seems like he is throwing the ball with multiple defenders around him every play. With that being said, he has made poor decisions, but there have been times where the team is behind and he is trying to put the team on his back and will them to score. As I've said in other threads, this isn't a quarterback problem it is an oline problem.

Interesting, I can think of several. Seems like he is throwing the ball with multiple defenders around him every play. With that being said, he has made poor decisions, but there have been times where the team is behind and he is trying to put the team on his back and will them to score. As I've said in other threads, this isn't a quarterback problem it is an oline problem.

Also seems like he is throwing the ball to another player with multiple defenders around them. I can't count how many times i've seen him throw into double/triple coverage to Tony.

I'm not a Ryan hater at all. I am 10000% confident he will bring us a SB win and have no regrets at all about signing him to the big contract. But he has made a lot of uncharacteristic throws this year. I don't expect it to continue this year and i think next year it will be a complete 180.

Makes sense. Of course it's not always on the OLine but my goodness for all the idiots who can't seem to comprehend how much fire Ryan takes immediately after the ball is snapped, those people should try what he has to deal with.

It's simple. I mean if you woke up 7 minutes before you had to be at work and still had to get ready (a.k.a not have as much time) and get out the door then don't you think that maybe, just maybe, you'd most likely forget to do something/bring something with you/not be at your best that day because you were rushed and didn't have as much time to get organized?!

I'm not blaming it all on the offensive line but my gosh there's too many morons who cannot see how big of a problem the offensive line is when it comes to overall play design/execution/QB performance. Perhaps these are the people who actually "crumble under pressure" because of one darn-awful season. Then here comes the typical "but but but Aaron Rodgers and his offensive line blah blah blah" etc. Well that's them and not us.

Football starts up front in the trenches. We don't have that. Period. Quit thinking that Matt Ryan is supposed to slow everything down in Matrix mode and have eagle eye all the time. He's human and has to do what he can do based on the protection and amount of time that he gets.

Some of you don't know how bad this O-line is and how much the Qb is affected. I'm not saying the Line is the reason Ryan has all the interceptions he has, but if you only had 3 seconds to throw the ball, What would you do??

Agreed because it's a simple concept to understand. Those who know football know the OL is the real problem. The village idiots and realists on here don't get it. That line is so bad that Davis didn't last two drives...against mostly Tampa backups....in prevent defense! Don't worry about it...half of them claim to be fans but they're pot-stirrers/attention whores. They just want a reaction to whatever they type.

^^^ Right on the money with this post. Matt is feeling the mental strain of too much pressure coming at him too often, and it's hurting his decision making.

The line may not be directly responsible for every interception, but Iwould suggest it is for most of them. The fact is Matt has been hit numerous times and had to throw the ball while defenders are hanging on him other times. Any quarterback who is under the kind of pressure our qb is develops a case of happy feet and that can lead to interceptions even when the pass rush didn't make it. At the end of the day, we are a one dimensional offense who can't protect the quarterback. Given that, no qb can succeed nor can the coach fix it. This is a personnel problem. While I like TD and what he has done, he made some decisions which haven't worked out on the oline this year. Combine that fact with a rash of injuries that has sapped all momentum from this team, and you're looking forward to that which cures all... The draft!

"Ryan hit as he throws" has to be the most said phrase by NFL commentators this year.

Which is funny, because when I watch Saints game (living behind enemy lines) all I hear is "Brees with all kinds of time". When he lofted a pick in the SF game the other day, "Brees with all kinds of time" preceded it. But no one will ever bring that up.

Well, my first thought is to use quick routes like slants to try to find an open receiver, but with no deep threat and no running game opposing teams are taking the short to intermediate routes across the middle away. As a result, the barrage of interceptions.

The truth is the falcons gambled on the oline, and they lost.

then proceed to be blamed by the boards for throwing 3-7 yard dinks and dunks

The line may not be directly responsible for every interception, but Iwould suggest it is for most of them. The fact is Matt has been hit numerous times and had to throw the ball while defenders are hanging on him other times. Any quarterback who is under the kind of pressure our qb is develops a case of happy feet and that can lead to interceptions even when the pass rush didn't make it. At the end of the day, we are a one dimensional offense who can't protect the quarterback. Given that, no qb can succeed nor can the coach fix it. This is a personnel problem. While I like TD and what he has done, he made some decisions which haven't worked out on the oline this year. Combine that fact with a rash of injuries that has sapped all momentum from this team, and you're looking forward to that which cures all... The draft!

I agree with some of this, but i don't know if i would even go as far to say it is responsible for most. I get what you are saying about directly and indirectly responsible, but Ryan has had A LOT of inaccurate throws. Throws that he does not have to make because of the line. As a whole yeah the O line is complete trash and ultimately has a big effect on how Ryan throws, but he has made a lot of bad throws.

I agree with some of this, but i don't know if i would even go as far to say it is responsible for most. I get what you are saying about directly and indirectly responsible, but Ryan has had A LOT of inaccurate throws. Throws that he does not have to make because of the line. As a whole yeah the O line is complete trash and ultimately has a big effect on how Ryan throws, but he has made a lot of bad throws.

keep in mind that when the qb cannot step into the throw, he will be inaccurate. Accuracy is all about mechanics. However, I would agree there have been poor decisions but let's be fair with no ability to stretch the field the opposing defense is playing the short to intermediate throws. This mean one on one on the outside and a flood of defenders between the numbers playing a variety of coverages. Simply said all of the options Ryan has are high risk. This isn't meant to be an excuse for poor decisions but let's keep in mind this isn't last years offense where you have two playmaking wide receivers stretching the field and Tony is constantly beating one on one coverage. We are talking about an offense where the QB is under fire almost every throw, supported by no running game, throwing it to a small portion of the field to WRs who shouldn't be confused with all-pros.