Did Julio Jones Make Matty Ice Lazy?

Bah.

As annoyed with Ryan as I am, he doesn't do enough of that. Watch most decent passing games and they throw it up to a singled receiver, and depend on the WR to come down with the catch.

See: The Seahawks game against us...every long completion nearly was against good coverage and the QB put it up for the WR to make a play. That's what WRs are supposed to do. And as much as I love Julio, it's still the weakest part of his game...he doesn't adjust and sky well, he's not on the planet of Fitz, Green, Johnson, etc. there.

It's all just a mess this year. But the answer isn't less putting it in the ball and having receivers adjust...it's more.

Tony made him lazier than Julio did.

My biggest complaint with Matt is like dude above me said he doesn't allow guys to just make a play. He doesn't throw guys open. He doesn't notice a db not looking and fire it in there passed him. We never make back shoulder throws even though every great QB does it. Matt only seems to throw it if dude is wide open or if its Tony

like someone mentioned Tony G made Ryan soft. Julio gave him a little courage. Ryan would rather make the 7 yard throw short of the sticks to Tony G in double coverage than throw it to a wide open Harry. he at least fires it down field to Julio regardless of the coverage. his problem this season is shell shock. even when he has no pressure on him he feels phantom pressure and panics. we'll get Matty back once we solidify the O-line and he feels comfortable dropping back

Here's the reality of the situation, the offensive line is so bad it wouldn't matter who the quarterback is. I don't care if you had Brady or Manning behind center, there simply is no consistent pass protection nor ability to run the ball. Combine this with the fact that Julio, our sole deep threat, it out and you wonder why we are so terrible on offense?

The oline is bad the oline really messes up what the koetter can do and it really hurts an already shallow defense by not converting and giving Ryan time. The defense is tired after three three and outs and then the pass rusher misses the sacknallowing the QB to extend the drive or decoud gives up the catch or the tackle... So clowny left guard free safety stat.