Smith On The Remaining Games This Season

BirdWeisErrr_2

Smith on the remaining games this season: “Well we have to go back to work, and we’ve got to work hard. This is a group that shows a lot of resiliency, I didn’t think there was any quit in our team. Our execution was not good. When you don’t get off the field on third down, when you don’t tackle well – we did not tackle well today on the defensive side of the football – you’re not going to get the outcomes that you want. We have got to continue to work, we’ve got to remain positive, and we have to make the corrections. We have to make sure that we have the guys that are going to give us the best opportunity to win. We tried some new guys today, and I think we will continue to do that as we move forward.”

Smith on the remaining games this season: “Well we have to go back to work, and we’ve got to work hard. This is a group that shows a lot of resiliency, I didn’t think there was any quit in our team. Our execution was not good. When you don’t get off the field on third down, when you don’t tackle well – we did not tackle well today on the defensive side of the football – you’re not going to get the outcomes that you want. We have got to continue to work, we’ve got to remain positive, and we have to make the corrections. We have to make sure that we have the guys that are going to give us the best opportunity to win. We tried some new guys today, and I think we will continue to do that as we move forward.”

blah, blah, blah......i highlighted the only part that I liked.

when you are losing and not competitive, if you are not making changes then you are just plain stupid - Falcons are in the true "evaluation process" of the entire roster - we might as well rotate some of these young guys in that could have potential - you get a true evaluation in a regular season game that cannot be simulated in a pre-season game where back-ups are playing back-ups and rookies are playing rookies.

I actually like the part about trying new guys and putting your best players, regardless, in the games. I don't know why this is something new to Smith but at least it sounds like we are gonna start trying it now. The team showing resiliency and showing no signs of quit is a joke. Any fool can see this team is not playing up to their ability.

Edited by BirdWeisErrr_2

Did they tackle better on the offensive side of the ball huh.pngunsure.png ?

There was no quit because there was never a start. They were pathetic to start and remained so until Antone Smith brought the score back to respectability. Antone had the eye of the tiger when his chance finally presented itself.

I've always wondered why he's been buried on the depth chart. Dude has some serious wheels.

name='BirdWeisErrr_2' timestamp='1384806385' post='8120677']

Smith on the remaining games this season:

"Well, the NFL and the players union has ruled we have to play the rest of'em. I discussed with TD about the idea of us just packing it up early and sending our guys home. Tom said the league frowns on that kind of thing. In fact he mentioned banishment or something or other...So I guess we'll be in uniform and playing."

"Well, the NFL and the players union has ruled we have to play the rest of'em. I discussed with TD about the idea of us just packing it up early and sending our guys home. Tom said the league frowns on that kind of thing. In fact he mentioned banishment or something or other...So I guess we'll be in uniform and playing."

"er, I guess I mean, trying to play. I'll remind the guys to tackle low, block hard and stop being inconsistant." (Fixed)