Did Anyone Else Notice

Knight of God

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Makes no sense to me- they also have game film.

2. Agree, also think the coaches may have quietly told him to just take care of himself- no sense in taking any more punishment than he has to this year.

3. Agree here too- should have lots of cap room this year- sign a couple of studs for the lines, spend the 1st 2 picks on linemen, much different team next year.

If you don't have studs to beat up on studs it looks good even when it's lesser talent. Until game time and they see that what looked good in practice wasn't as good as they thought it was. I preached this all off season last year. I said the offense would be better because of going against Nolan coupled with asante and grimes with Dunta at nickel. I still think we would've been ok if not for all the key injuries but when you go against good players in practice it carries over to game day.

It's you man. Every player is playing for a roster spot or contract. Even if the team doesn't win, they can still benefit greatly by playing well. This is a business and money is a huge motivator. The guys who may not have to worry about that type of motivation are guys with huge contracts, but even then, those type of contracts would most likely need to be incorporated with some type of inflated guaranteed money.

It's not a lack of trying, but a lack of talent. Also it might help that Davis is more mobile in the pocket and can buy time that Ryan cannot.

I hope you are right, that type of cancer festers deep.

1. Makes no sense to me- they also have game film.

2. Agree, also think the coaches may have quietly told him to just take care of himself- no sense in taking any more punishment than he has to this year.

3. Agree here too- should have lots of cap room this year- sign a couple of studs for the lines, spend the 1st 2 picks on linemen, much different team next year.

falconidae, long time no see. Where have you been of late? What is your excuse for Ryan's play this time?

Edited by The Return of #1 pick

I'm convinced that when people don't have an argument for Ryan, they just bring up Dilfer to try and prove every point everytime

LOL I was quoting someone who believes Hasselbeck is better than Ryan based on one SB appearance. There are any number of scrubs who lucked into a SB. Rex Grossman, Brad Johnson, etc.

Dilfer is just the most known example.

Maybe, but you shouldn't look this messed up. BUT...say this is the case 100%. Who messed up the line? TD? MS? DK? Someone then needs to pay for letting Ryan down.

TD has a lot to prove... Going into this season EVERYBODY who watches Falcons football was concerned about the O and D line. We kept waiting for the moves that would solidify what we all knew were weaknesses. We watched good (not great) players walk..

and we waited... BUT nothing happened to address our concerns. Many of us predicted doom and gloom... but even those that saw it coming.. didnt see it coming THIS BAD. My question is... if us dumb football fans can see what was broken, even before training camp,how can the 2x GM of the Year not have been prepared??

Don't tell Rodgers and Big Ben that, they might give back their Super Bowls

Our OL is far, far worse than Green Bay and Pittsburgh's were.

Ryan is too reliant on his security blankets (Tony and Roddy) and doesn't have enough of a cocky, I'm about to own you mentality to succeed without a lot of help. I don't know if that is just who he is or the result of Smitty's influence on him, but a QB who isn't willing to take chances needs a dominant team around him to win a Super Bowl.

I'm convinced that when people don't have an argument for Ryan, they just bring up Dilfer to try and prove every point everytime

It's like their trump card anytime you speak truefully about Ryan. Dilfer was making pennies compared to even some backups today back then. Saying Dilfer is pointless. He had an all time great defense. We don't. We are built around our offense and mainly Ryan. He has failed, so who do we generally blame, the catalyst of the ship.