Did Anyone Else Notice

Knight of God

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to think of the guys who couldn't come in here and win 2 games. **** Pryor who can't throw would have won at least 3 games for us.

Let me name them:

Freeman

Ponder

Henne

Weeden

Gabbert

S. Wallace

Hasslebeck

Flynn

Tuel

That's all I got that I seen this year. Most QB's could come to this team and win more than 2 games even with the injuries. With the injuries, we still have more talent than Oakland.

1371328685727_zpsc50eb80f.gif

It sure looked like that. Just look at the dropped passes. There were a ton of them when Ryan was in but for the 2 drives Davis was in there were no dropped passes. I don't even need to comment on how much better the OL looked for Davis.

I don't think they looked all that much better. Davis got hit the same way Matt got hit low and it took him out the game. I think it also has to do with focus. They're 2-7 going into this game with nothing to play for but pride and the focus just isn't there. Matt won't throw a teammate under the bus but he's getting tired of the hits. I can see it in his eyes. There just isn't an overall focus or hunger in the team anymore. They may even be taking it upon themselves to tank the season to get real talent. They're playing to not get hurt and live to play another season.

And how people won't recognize his deficiencies is insane. He got a 100 million dollar contract by default. He has won 1 playoff game in 5 years. In two out of the three loses he was a non factor and he touches the ball every play. in the other two loses he helped contribute to the loss just as much as the fight to win.

I know everyone that loves Ryan hates Vick and wants to believe Ryan's 6' 5 frame combined with dedicated study habits are enough to turn him into a elite QB. But the truth and the elephant in the room is that his ability to be above average is the totality of his ceiling nothing more nothing less. I'm not saying he can't help us win the big ine. But I am saying it won't be on Ryan's shoulders we will truly have to develop a dominant running game and a stout defense for it to happen.

And you can put me in the swift category if you'd like but I've been hip to Ryan for the past 3 years now. And yes we also need a new coaching staff and gm.

And if want to understand what an elite QB is look at brees and a bunch of average receivers, Brady and a bunch of rookies, the packers without Rodgers. These teams show what an elite QB does for you.

Edited by atlGM

I don't think they looked all that much better. Davis got hit the same way Matt got hit low and it took him out the game. I think it also has to do with focus. They're 2-7 going into this game with nothing to play for but pride and the focus just isn't there. Matt won't throw a teammate under the bus but he's getting tired of the hits. I can see it in his eyes. There just isn't an overall focus or hunger in the team anymore. They may even be taking it upon themselves to tank the season to get real talent. They're playing to not get hurt and live to play another season.

It was a vibe man. You know Davis took a nasty, almost calculated, cheap shot from McCoy. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not...

I think you are 150% correct. The thing that bakes my noodle is how long some of us have been saying that. About the level of talent.

Exactly. We gotta get studs. I also think the filter has to be recalibrated. Go get some questionable guys that ball their @sses off but keep them on a short n tight leash.

1.I actually think the coaches think some of the guys are good because they are practicing garbage against garbage and it looks good in practice until they face better talent in the games.

2.I think Ryan is tired of getting hit. He's even starting to look disinterested because he can't do what he wants to do.

3.. It won't take much to fix the team but it's all on the lines.

1. Makes no sense to me- they also have game film.

2. Agree, also think the coaches may have quietly told him to just take care of himself- no sense in taking any more punishment than he has to this year.

3. Agree here too- should have lots of cap room this year- sign a couple of studs for the lines, spend the 1st 2 picks on linemen, much different team next year.

Try to think of the guys who couldn't come in here and win 2 games. **** Pryor who can't throw would have won at least 3 games for us.

Let me name them:

Freeman

Ponder

Henne

Weeden

Gabbert

S. Wallace

Hasslebeck

Flynn

Tuel

That's all I got that I seen this year. Most QB's could come to this team and win more than 2 games even with the injuries. With the injuries, we still have more talent than Oakland.

Out of this list, this is how much money they make:

Freeman- 2.83 mil

Ponder- 836,759

Henne- 1 million

Weeden- 390,000

Gabbert- 1.5 million

S. Wallace- 840,000

Hasslebeck- 5 million

Flynn- 0

Tuel- 405,000

Overall- 12,801,759

Matt Ryan salary this year- 11,500,000

Wow, Ryan cost 1.3 million dollars less than all of them combined.

It's you man. Every player is playing for a roster spot or contract. Even if the team doesn't win, they can still benefit greatly by playing well. This is a business and money is a huge motivator. The guys who may not have to worry about that type of motivation are guys with huge contracts, but even then, those type of contracts would most likely need to be incorporated with some type of inflated guaranteed money.

It's not a lack of trying, but a lack of talent. Also it might help that Davis is more mobile in the pocket and can buy time that Ryan cannot.