Did Anyone Else Notice

Knight of God

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Ryans job to motivate anyone other than himself. If these guys can't give their best effort unless someone is motivating them, the personnel people need to find other players who understand what professionalism is all about

wait, no this is the most craziest post on this board. Aren't you MR nuts swingers always talking about MR being a "Leader"? Isn't that what leaders suppose to do? Motivate his troops?

There were some WTH type moves made for sure, but you still do your job man. This game kinda exposed some crap for me. They aren't trying. It also exposes the poor leadership in the coaching dept. Time to scrap this version of the Falcons and move forward.

I actually think the coaches think some of the guys are good because they are practicing garbage against garbage and it looks good in practice until they face better talent in the games. I think they should still do their jobs too. I think Ryan is tired of getting hit. He's even starting to look disinterested because he can't do what he wants to do. I almost feel like they won't win another game this season. We will really be fighting for the first pick in the draft. If we get it we gotta go stud D lineman off top. I wouldn't mind clowney if a stud DT is available in FA. If not trade back into the first and take a stud DT to add with Clowney. That would be Osi, Clowney, stud DT, Peters and hopefully somebody decent in FA. Also fill the oline with a stud in FA if available. It won't take much to fix the team but it's all on the lines.

Doesn't matter how good your QB is. If you work for several seasons and offseasons training with a set of players and they all get injured in-season except your tight end and slot option, things aren't going to go well. This is exacerbated by the questionable OL and young defense coming into the season. To pin this on one player is just stupid and short-sighted.

If whoever wants to think that 15 other QBs can come into this situation and do better than Ryan, so be it.

It's painful to admit, I know it is, but there are 15 QB's that would likely step in here and have won more than 2 games

Ryan has a big, bruising RB, a HOF TE, a Probowl receiver, and solid guy in Douglas. Glennon has Vincent Jackson and nothing else.

Did you see how long MG had to throw compared to MR? VJ is a guy you can just throw it up to and a deep threat. We have a bunch of slot receivers and no deep threat.

Oline is horrible, no run game and no defense. Is Ryan playing bad? Yes, but a least try to understand why and other faults.

To pin this on one player is just stupid and short-sighted.

Amen.

I think certain people just don't like Ryan for whatever reason. Fine. But the desperate attempts to deride him on here is pretty pathetic.

There is no way you will ever convince me that one single player on a football team is the reason for losses or poor play.

Edited by Yngwie Malmsteen

I actually think the coaches think some of the guys are good because they are practicing garbage against garbage and it looks good in practice until they face better talent in the games. I think they should still do their jobs too. I think Ryan is tired of getting hit. He's even starting to look disinterested because he can't do what he wants to do. I almost feel like they won't win another game this season. We will really be fighting for the first pick in the draft. If we get it we gotta go stud D lineman off top. I wouldn't mind clowney if a stud DT is available in FA. If not trade back into the first and take a stud DT to add with Clowney. That would be Osi, Clowney, stud DT, Peters and hopefully somebody decent in FA. Also fill the oline with a stud in FA if available. It won't take much to fix the team but it's all on the lines.

I think you are 150% correct. The thing that bakes my noodle is how long some of us have been saying that. About the level of talent.

It sure looked like that. Just look at the dropped passes. There were a ton of them when Ryan was in but for the 2 drives Davis was in there were no dropped passes. I don't even need to comment on how much better the OL looked for Davis.

This. It looked like something was sparked up for a moment and it didn't make me happy. It ticked me off....seriously. I don't appreciate that mentality at all.

It's painful to admit, I know it is, but there are 15 QB's that would likely step in here and have won more than 2 games

Try to think of the guys who couldn't come in here and win 2 games. **** Pryor who can't throw would have won at least 3 games for us.

Let me name them:

Freeman

Ponder

Henne

Weeden

Gabbert

S. Wallace

Hasslebeck

Flynn

Tuel

That's all I got that I seen this year. Most QB's could come to this team and win more than 2 games even with the injuries. With the injuries, we still have more talent than Oakland.