Did Anyone Else Notice

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the swiss cheese defense could stop anything to help id be great, but 34 points to a rookie QB come on man, we even made Geno Smith look all world......

I know we want to blame the defense. But in a lot of games they start strong, but then trot right back out after the offense goes 3 and out 75% of the time. of course they get winded and give up big chunks afterwards.

Fact is we put all of our money and picks into the offense, with $20 million a year at one position, they should be doing much better than they are

While I agree it's time to let Ryan go while he is still highly valued in NFL circles, that contract is a doosy. I clearly think if Atlanta scouts Bridgewater and they think he has more potential then Ryan and can make our weapons much more explosive, then you need to trade Ryan. There will be teams who will pay like the Jets, Browns, Raiders, Vikings and not think twice about it. But Ryan is a franchise QB but if you are SURE Bridgewater will be much better you take him. You don't pass on Michael Jordan because you have Clyde Drexler. You just don't do that. Trust your scouts, if you don't think he will be better than Ryan potentially or they are even, then you take Clowney.

Edited by The Return of #1 pick

I am very suprised how the season is going, mainly since Ryan is healthy. I am trying to remember the last time someone considered an elite top 5 QB has led their team to a top 2 overall draft pick.

Usually teams picking that high are in need of a qb, and surely dont have a 20mm dollar one.

Not a ryan bash, just usually teams with a qb as good as him dont suck this bad. Either he isnt as good as we thought, or this supporting cast is by far the worst in the nfl.

Yes, the line sucks, but rodgers has spent his career behind lines that were downright terrible. Fastest release in the league some say he spent more seasons leading the nfl in sacks than not it seems.

I still support the guy and expect him to rebound in 14, just hope this line hasnt left him shellshocked, ala David Carr or Joey Harrington.

I didn't notice that. But I hope you're wrong, KOG. Otherwise, we're screwed far beyond "fix-able". The last person I had some hope in was Ryan and he's let me down. I'm not saying he's supposed to be able to do it all on his own...cuz the Lord knows that the rest of our team is trash...but Ryan is far from being the solution; he's actually been part of the problem.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

I can't understand how anyone could blame Ryan for this season. Has he been great the past few games? No.

But surely I'm not the only one to see the obvious weakness on the offensive side of the ball? THE **** O LINE.

The worst in the NFL.

O-line is beyond awful, but Ryan has led this two to a puny 2 wins. Big Ben and Rodgers play behind similar lines and still get a lot more than just 2 pathetic wins

I didn't notice that. But I hope you're wrong, KOG. Otherwise, we're screwed far beyond "fix-able". The last person I had some hope in was Ryan and he's let me down. I'm not saying he's supposed to be able to do it all on his own...cuz the Lord knows that the rest of our team is trash...but Ryan has clearly been far from the solution; he's actually been part of the problem.

Really, I hope its not the case too but it happens a lot in the NFL. Players just no longer playing for someone. I know some receivers will start thinking its the QBs fault they are getting hurt if there is more than one receiver injury. Thing is, you don't tank plays because you don't like the QB. I thought I saw a little of that going on.

Some of the guys got pissed when I said it and frankly I don't give a rat's azz. The point is, the FO needs to put a leash on that puppy real quick before the cancer spreads. I hate when this happens, but its pretty danged common and could sprout from various angles for various reasons.

Ryan can make receivers look better if he has an Oline

Ryan cannot buy time and extend the play

I'm not exactly sure how you get to the point where you are in charge of running an organization in a multi billion dollar league, and are incapable of deciphering whether your QB is somewhat that extends the play and makes the most of his deep threats- Julio jones, or if he's a QB that is deadly accurate when given time and can improve his receivers and methodically drive down the field.

Somehow TD managed to do it though, so props to him for that. It truly is impressive.

Doesn't matter how good your QB is. If you work for several seasons and offseasons training with a set of players and they all get injured in-season except your tight end and slot option, things aren't going to go well. This is exacerbated by the questionable OL and young defense coming into the season. To pin this on one player is just stupid and short-sighted.

If whoever wants to think that 15 other QBs can come into this situation and do better than Ryan, so be it.