Did Anyone Else Notice

You guys are delusional if you don't think they are not trying.

I agree the rookies are playing hard for a spot, but so are many of the veterans. It's not like a professor at a university who has tenure. Every roster spot is a war. Even if the team s*cks, the individual players want to get paid and that means padding stats.

Unless you are someone who signed a huge contract with substantial guaranteed contract, you are playing for your position.

I don't get that how fans assume that just because a team sucks, that there is no effort being put in. Everyone knows this is a business.

Fans are just going to have to face it, that the team is not losing because of a lack of trying but rather a lack of talent.

Edited by Objective Critic
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we've mailed it in.

We can't seem to handle opposing teams front 7, Tampa has a pretty good front 7, despite their record.

On the other side, our front 7 lacks size, strength, speed, athleticism, and overall talent.

You build a football team from the inside out...You get your foundation laid and then go get your pretty boys.

We got our pretty boys first.

Our basement was leaking .....AND WE PUT ON NEW SIDING.

It just seemed as though the team would not play for Matt Ryan...maybe its just me.

I don't know about all that bro but I know what you're saying. Double D's and Antone Smith was doing their thing, but soon as Matt came back in it seemed like we went flat. I'm not saying the team will not play for Matt but I kinda noticed the tone changed when Matt came back.

No. Just when he put the rookies in THEY NEEDED TO PLAY FOR CONTRACTS AND SHINE SO THEY CAN GET NOTICED. Plus Ryan knows that Playoffs are not going to happen. There is absolutely no reason to keep playing his best and hurt the team in the draft and risk getting injured. Matt Ryan has already proven to be a good regular season QB. Plus every QB has their off seasons. The only reason people are pissed is because of the big let down from last season

this is the most craziest post on this board. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Coming into this year I thought he was the surefire #5 QB in the league. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Ryan.

I thought no matter what adversity we'd have, we'd be OK. Ryan is a winner, he'd never have a sub .500 season like Brees has had many times.

The season starts and Ryan is definitely getting knocked around, but he keeps us in the game. Then, I'm not sure what exactly happened, maybe he gave up? Far too many times he's dinked 5 yard pass off when we need 10 or 15. He's refused throwing to unknown receivers and instead forced into double and triple coverage with receivers he's familiar with.

This being timid and soft has shown Ryan truly can't carry the team himself like many other QB's. He's barely in the top 15 QB's now.

The problem is he's paid to carry the team himself if he has to. And he just can't. Not one team is scared of Ryan when they gameplan for the week. And they don't seem to have a reason to be scared. There's undrafted QB's imposing their will better than Ryan in some games.

Harrington, Leftwich, and Redman got us 4 wins, and to my complete and utter disbelief....Ryan won't.

I never thought before this year I'd be ready to move on from Ryan, but I wouldn't react negatively if the team moved on from him and got some much needed draft picks and started over.

It's not Ryans job to motivate anyone other than himself. If these guys can't give their best effort unless someone is motivating them, the personnel people need to find other players who understand what professionalism is all about

Yeah, its not a leader of a team is possible to motivate his team. Just do what your job description calls for. That's real professionalism.

I don't know about all that bro but I know what you're saying. Double D's and Antone Smith was doing their thing, but soon as Matt came back in it seemed like we went flat. I'm not saying the team will not play for Matt but I kinda noticed the tone changed when Matt came back.

Everyone who is involved needs to be fined and/or cut.

It's not Ryans job to motivate anyone other than himself. If these guys can't give their best effort unless someone is motivating them, the personnel people need to find other players who understand what professionalism is all about

This x2

I personally think it started in the offseason. I don't think the team was happy with moves that were made. Especially being 10 yards away from the SB. That team was supposed to be given another shot while improving the lines. The only cut I'd say should've happened was maybe Turner. Now the team is responding to moves that they probably felt were bad moves or too many moves made that they didn't agree with THEN add all the injuries.

I personally think it started in the offseason. I don't think the team was happy with moves that were made. Especially being 10 yards away from the SB. That team was supposed to be given another shot while improving the lines. The only cut I'd say should've happened was maybe Turner. Now the team is responding to moves that they probably felt were bad moves or too many moves made that they didn't agree with THEN add all the injuries.

There were some WTH type moves made for sure, but you still do your job man. This game kinda exposed some crap for me. They aren't trying. It also exposes the poor leadership in the coaching dept. Time to scrap this version of the Falcons and move forward.