Did Anyone Else Notice

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could put Manning or Brady behind this line and they wouldnt do jacksh*t. Until we fix the lines on both sides of the ball all the skill players in the world wont make a difference.

Have you seen how fast Peyton gets rid of the ball? There is a reason he doesn't get sacked very often. Denver has a good OL, but they have had to shuffle a lot of guys because of injuries.

Have you seen how fast Peyton gets rid of the ball? There is a reason he doesn't get sacked very often. Denver has a good OL, but they have had to shuffle a lot of guys because of injuries.

Denver OL is crappy, they just have Peyton. It's the same for Brady. Those guys have elite pocket presence, passing skills, and an elite when it comes to getting the ball out to where the players can make plays. They don't throw the ball where WR's are facing the OL like Ryan does. Sometimes people crack on the OL too much. This reminds me of Drew Bledsoe.

Denver OL is crappy, they just have Peyton. It's the same for Brady. Those guys have elite pocket presence, passing skills, and an elite when it comes to getting the ball out to where the players can make plays. They don't throw the ball where WR's are facing the OL like Ryan does. Sometimes people crack on the OL too much. This reminds me of Drew Bledsoe.

This is the worst O line in the history of NFL football. you remind me of swift.

Coming into this year I thought he was the surefire #5 QB in the league. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Ryan.

Pretty ridiculous. Made me laugh, though.

I don't know how anybody could have ever thought Matt Ryan to be in the same class as Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Anybody without Falcons colored sunglasses on realizes that Matt Ryan has been underperforming at the QB position considering the amount of talent has has had to work with around him over the years. Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez is arguably more offensive firepower than the combination of Randy Moss, Daunte Stallworth and Wes Welker.

Edited by David Deas

Pretty ridiculous. Made me laugh, though.

I don't know how anybody could have ever thought Matt Ryan to be in the same class as Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Anybody without Falcons colored sunglasses on realizes that Matt Ryan has been underperforming at the QB position ever considering the amount of talent has has had to work with around him over the years. Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzolez is arguably more offensive firepower than the combination of Randy Moss, Daunte Stallworth and Wes Welker.

I been saying this for years and don't forget Turner was our RB. It is hilarious how this fanbase would go out it's way to support somebody who is really underachieving considering his weapons.

Please be quite. You name me ONE.. JUST ONE Falcon QB that had the weapons Matt Ryan has had here? I'LL BE WAITING.

He is lucky to have had that all star offense of his for so long. You take that away, and you get a below average QB. This is the real Matt Ryan. A below average QB who doesn't scare anyone.

That all star cast doesnt keep Ryan upright, it doesnt open up holes for the run game, it doesnt stop the other teams O from walking down the field every possession. Julio is on this team because the other option was Jenks who couldnt hack it with NE.

How do you know it wasnt the QB making the team look bad in the past? Just because skill players were no good here doesnt mean they couldnt thrive with another team. How many elite WRs are there that has a crappy QB throwing the ball to them?

And as for the Marino comment I obviously meant he never won a superbowl, I guess people cant make honest mistakes around here.

Edited by CFD838

Have you seen how fast the DT is in Ryan's face?

You keep saying this as if Ryan is immediately under duress on every drop back. That is simply not true. The OL is bad, but there are numerous plays where Ryan gets hit or sacked because he doesn't make quick enough decisions. Peyton would be picking KC apart even behind our OL. The ball touches his hands and is on it's way to a WR one second later.

This is the worst O line in the history of NFL football. you remind me of swift.

This OL isn't even close to the worst this season. Have you seen GB, Pitt, Oakland, and Seattle? Not to mention the horrible OL of the Eagles and Bears last year which was clearly worse. You Matt Ryan homers are reaching Bledsoe fans level of delusions of grandeur.

That all star cast doesnt keep Ryan upright, it doesnt open up holes for the run game, it doesnt stop the other teams O from walking down the field every possession. Julio is on this team because the other option was Jenks who couldnt hack it with NE

How do you know it wasnt the QB making the team look bad in the past? Just because skill players were no good here doesnt mean they couldnt thrive with another team. How many elite WRs are there that has a crappy QB throwing the ball to them?

And as for the Marino comment I obviously meant he never won a superbowl, I guess people cant make honest mistakes around here.

But Marino would win a Super Bowl with the personnel and would get us 10 wins with ease yearly. Ryan, well not a chance. Marino would tell you his biggest asset was his mobility in the pocket. Without it, he wouldn't have had half of the success he had in the NFL. He will tell you that. Why do you compare Ryan to players who are superior to him?

You keep saying this as if Ryan is immediately under duress on every drop back. That is simply not true. The OL is bad, but there are numerous plays where Ryan gets hit or sacked because he doesn't make quick enough decisions. Peyton would be picking KC apart even behind our OL. The ball touches his hands and is on it's way to a WR one second later.

Worst O line in football what don't you understand about that???? One second later it leaves Peytons hand huh? Wow you are delirious. It's like talking to a brick wall LOL.

I created a term for that. I call it a Homer-troll.

A homer is someone who is forever hopeful of their team no matter what.

A homer-troll is someone who hates any criticism of their team, and will accuse others of trolling even if the critique is civil and rational. Homer-trolls tend to arbitrarily call threads stupid without any specifics and tend to accuse others of conspiracies, being fake fans, fair weather fans, and just about anything to steer away from the facts and essentially attack the poster rather than the argument. They are basically self righteous pricks who think that unquestioning faith in a team is what a real fan is and any opinion that deviates from their own must be met with insults.

Civil and rational? You are your ilk are neither.

If people attack your views, it is becasue you are basically an extresmist in your views with no sensible sense of perspective. You see everything in back or whte (invariably pitch black) and refuse to acknowledge the many shades of gray between those positions (which is invariably where the truth lies). Any fair, sensible and reasonable evaluation of our current front office, coaching staff, and players, has to ackowledge and give some credit for the many things that they have achieved in the last 5 years. When you and your ilk simply refuse to do so, or twist or cherry pick argument to downplay or discredit those acheivements to paint the bleakest picture possible then, then you aren't being rational or objective. Your don't want discussion: you just want to spew negativity.

Have you ever noticed that countries with the work "Democratic" in their name ar ealways really undemcratic? The same goes for posters who call themsleves "objective" and "realists".

This OL isn't even close to the worst this season. Have you seen GB, Pitt, Oakland, and Seattle? Not to mention the horrible OL of the Eagles and Bears last year which was clearly worse. You Matt Ryan homers are reaching Bledsoe fans level of delusions of grandeur.

You are a troll. Change your name to the return of the #1 troll.

I been saying this for years and don't forget Turner was our RB. It is hilarious how this fanbase would go out it's way to support somebody who is really underachieving considering his weapons.

You can have all the offensive weapons you want but if you don't have an O-Line to protect you it doesn't matter. In addition it would of helped to have a coaching staff that didn't go into conservative mode and let SF back into the game that ended up with us watching the super bowl instead of playing in it.

They are playing for a paycheck.

Nothing more.

I completely understand your point, and you are right. Yes, they are playing for just the check, because the playoffs and Super Bowl, the original goal and motivation, are gone. I am not about to make excuses for overpaid and pampered athletes, but they are human, and the air has been let out of their season. I think there is disappointment and shell shock going on, and when a game starts going wrong, the here we go again thing kicks in, and they begin to mentally destruct. I think emotionally they are whipped right now, They are like the dead old tree in the back yard, barely standing and unstable, so the slightest breeze can knock them over.

The Falcons have absolutely no confidence right now, so even one mistake can start an avalanche of mistakes. This team is not this bad, but they are defeated, and everybody knows the mental game is 90%. Ryan may take the biggest hit, but there is not a player out there carrying his weight right now.

These Falcons are not the first, and they certainly will not be the last, to have a season fall apart, and then have everyone just waiting for the end of the season. Just like the fighter, trapped against the ropes, being pounded, the Falcons need the bell to ring.

Edited by AREA51

Also those teams can run the football. A QB's best friend is a good running game. When was the last time the Falcons ran the ball well on a teams 1st string D? Do trolls blame a horrific running game on Ryan as well?