Did Anyone Else Notice

And how often does he have time?

And how often does he have time to go through his reads to get to his 3-4th reads?

Look at how much time guys like Rodgers, Big Ben, and even Romo buy themselves. Ryan is a complete statue in the pocket. The OL is crap. No one is going to argue that. But at some point the QB has to buy himself a little time.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Matt Ryan the best QB to ever play the game? No, hes not. Can he be? Probably not. What he is is the best QB in the history of this team.

Yes he is having an up and down season but it happens to everyone. Its hard to win games when the o-line is atrocious, 1 and 2 WRs hurt, TE older and slower, inconsistent running game, a vanilla game plan, inconsistent QB play, and a defense who has maybe 3 players who would start on another team. Weve been killed by injuries and we have a pretty rough schedule.

To single out one player (Matt Ryan, SJax, Asante, DeCoud, etc.) Is asinine. If one bad season makes you question the team, maybe you arent that much of a fan. I know, I know "ive been a fan since day one, blah blah blah" if youve been a fan since day one wouldnt you be excited about the team and what theyve done these past 5 seasons? Its the most success this franchise has ever seen. Its just a bump in the road right now...

You say that like their is a great list of Falcon QB's. Guys with the talent failed like Vick and Farve and some never had any weapons like Bart. Saying Ryan is the best we have is shortslighted and it's like saying Gerald Wallace is the best Bobcat Basketball player ever.

And how often does he have time to go through his reads to get to his 3-4th reads?

Don't know why he keeps calling runs into a loaded box, Maybe Smith wants to shorten the game? Lord knows I do

Right, you can't answer my questions, fall back into just trying to insult me.

Insults, you always do the same thing. You never address the point, you always bring up one situational moment in a game full of a lot of situational moments. Common sense should prevail.

Edited by The Return of #1 pick

This is false. Ryan is a big part of the whole problem right now. For some it is just easier to point the finger at other problems.

It should be clear with 4th string running backs putting up 100 yards and DD getting killed in 5 minutes that we have no line. I think this line is so bad that Ryan isn't able to play his game with all the pressure he faces.

Falconidae, anyone here that argues that our offensive line doesn't suck monkey balls is crazy. However when they do afford Ryan with time, he screws it up lately. Ryan and the offensive line are to blame for the horrible offensive play. No need to make excuses for any of them.

Look at how much time guys like Rodgers, Big Ben, and even Romo buy themselves. Ryan is a complete statue in the pocket. The OL is crap. No one is going to argue that. But at some point the QB has to buy himself a little time.

Tell me how does one go about buying time when the DT of the opposing team is in his grill as soon as he gets the ball from the center?

You say that like their is a great list of Falcon QB's. Guys with the talent failed like Vick and Farve and some never had any weapons like Bart. Saying Ryan is the best we have is shortslighted and it's like saying Gerald Wallace is the best Bobcat Basketball player ever.

I say that because it has to start somewhere, what if Ryan was like Vick and Favre and the rest of them? We could be like the Jags or the Browns were the past few seasons. Matt Ryan being the best qb this team has ever had nas led this team to success. Is it him alone? No but having a good qb helps, just like having RW being arguably the best WR this team has ever had helps.

Wilson and Keap are both better than Ryan right now. Flavor of the month... then what was Ryan. Bernie Madoff of the decade.

You are out of your mind. I will give you Wilson, the QB Rating is up there. Everyone has talked about how the read option has been figured out and Kaepernick can't throw that ball down field. Averaging 186 passing yards a game and 9TD with 6INTs. Put Ryan on the 49ers with that D and running game you would see the same type of record. Question it all you want, the numbers don't lie.

LMAO @Kentucky football

I know but for some reason, they tend to play up to another level v. Louisville, it has been like that for years. They really schemed well but UCF had the best scheme I seen v. Bridgewater. Not that it stopped them but their scheme was more complex than some of the schemes I seen from Saban but Saban has all world talent everywhere. UCF doesn't but their defensive schemes are really good.

Tell me how does one go about buying time when the DT of the opposing team is in his grill as soon as he gets the ball from the center?

How often does this actually happen though? Once per game? Again, no one with a brain is going to argue that our OL is anything short of a dumpster fire, but Ryan never moves in the pocket. Brady, Peyton, and Brees aren't mobile at all, but all of them have great pocket awareness, slide away from pressure, buy themselves an extra second, and get the ball off to an open receiver downfield. Ryan panics, doesn't move anywhere, and eats the ball or checks down for a 2 yard gain.

I say that because it has to start somewhere, what if Ryan was like Vick and Favre and the rest of them? We could be like the Jags or the Browns were the past few seasons. Matt Ryan being the best qb this team has ever had nas led this team to success. Is it him alone? No but having a good qb helps, just like having RW being arguably the best WR this team has ever had helps.

But we really haven't did anything with Ryan we didn't do with Vick, Chandler, or Miller. Of course we had back to back winning seasons but we also had our best teams with Ryan. There was no fluke team like Chandler's Falcons or a weak conference like Vick's teams. We had a legit team with Ryan at QB. Now we don't and we are paying the price.

Is Matt Ryan the best QB to ever play the game? No, hes not. Can he be? Probably not. What he is is the best QB in the history of this team.

Please be quite. You name me ONE.. JUST ONE Falcon QB that had the weapons Matt Ryan has had here? I'LL BE WAITING.

He is lucky to have had that all star offense of his for so long. You take that away, and you get a below average QB. This is the real Matt Ryan. A below average QB who doesn't scare anyone.

His game v. UCF was surgerical. It was like watching a NFL vet practing his craft v. college kids. Teddy needs to work on his deep ball accuracy and his middle of the field throws tend to be a little off. I will say his biggest his issue is transfering weight when he sets his feet which can be worked on in the spring and summer with NFL coaches. His potential is off the charts. I like him a lot more than RG3.

I know but for some reason, they tend to play up to another level v. Louisville, it has been like that for years. They really schemed well but UCF had the best scheme I seen v. Bridgewater. Not that it stopped them but their scheme was more complex than some of the schemes I seen from Saban but Saban has all world talent everywhere. UCF doesn't but their defensive schemes are really good.

Yeah I actually graduated from UCF last year and still stay and work close by. We have always had a good d, winning the C-USA a couple of times, the only thing we lacked was a good quarterback and now we have one.