Did Anyone Else Notice

Knight of God

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed disinterest on both sides of the ball. A locker room cancer is loose, and if it continues, Smith will be the fall guy. These guys have stopped playing for one another, and for their paychecks. I am watching pathetic football week after week, and I anticipate suffering through Thursday night. If Glennon burnt us, can you imagine what Brees will do?

They appeared to play harder when the backups were put in because those guys have never gotten a chance and aren't going to go in and halfass it when they finally do. The starters have all mailed it in for the season though. Smitty has completely lost these guys. Tampa played 1000x harder today for a coach they all hate.

I think our o line started the game out horribly but got better after it was too late. I don't think their was much difference in effort. The defense just got manhandled. My biggest gripe is that the coaching staff and rd don't seem to recognize talent. They don't know how bad our online is possibly because they practice against a bad d line. Smith hadn't seen a regular season carry for 4 years then busts out 88 yards in his first two carries. we are both lacking in talent and talent evaluation. Not too mention the same vanilla playcalling on both sided of the ball. In other words SMITTY AND HIS STAFF NEED TO GO ALONG WITH TD.

Team has mailed it in. When statements like that are made it never applies to 100% of the team but you can see that either they don't believe in the message, the coaching staff, or their teammates/themselves. A lot of them are just kind of going through the motions and when that happens I think a coaching change should absolutely be on the table.

I've noticed disinterest on both sides of the ball. A locker room cancer is loose, and if it continues, Smith will be the fall guy. These guys have stopped playing for one another, and for their paychecks. I am watching pathetic football week after week, and I anticipate suffering through Thursday night. If Glennon burnt us, can you imagine what Brees will do?

You are absolutely right. Something is BAD wrong inside the Falcons organization. Smith WILL be the fal guy and he may deserve it but he WILL have to go. Blank is going to have to do something even if it is the wrong thing because this cannot be allowed to go on, it will not resolve itself. It will get worse until some major changes are made. I wish I knew what the problem is but I don't for sure BUT... it seems to me that every week Smith reacts to what happened last week, its like he has no imagination, no real plan and stays behind the 8ball because he is always playing last weeks game this week. I imagine Ryan is feeling a bit of dispair and maybe it manifests in ways that others don't understand. I'm not ready to throw Ryan under the bus but I think Smitty should crawl under there on his own, TD too. I just get the idea or feeling that Ryan is fed up with the coaching and play calling... and it is showing in his playing.

Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong!

No. Just when he put the rookies in THEY NEEDED TO PLAY FOR CONTRACTS AND SHINE SO THEY CAN GET NOTICED. Plus Ryan knows that Playoffs are not going to happen. There is absolutely no reason to keep playing his best and hurt the team in the draft and risk getting injured. Matt Ryan has already proven to be a good regular season QB. Plus every QB has their off seasons. The only reason people are pissed is because of the big let down from last season