Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Is It Too Much To Ask...

21 posts in this topic

...for someone on the team, namely the guy with the $100M contract that's supposed to be the face of the franchise to publicly demand better? To acknowledge that 2-7 and playing the way the team has the last 3 games is unacceptable. To demand better of himself and the team. So say the buck stops here and I have to play better and the offensive line, wide receivers, running backs, defense and special teams must play better. That injuries are no excuse for this team to be 2-7 and getting embarrassed on a weekly basis. That things will turn around starting on Sunday in Tampa. That we will play better and those that don't care and don't want to turn things around can GTFO. Is it really too much to ask to see some leadership instead of the same old sad story every week?

since you didn't answer in the other thread ill ask it here. You brought up Drew, Manning, and Brady as QBs who have done so. Do you have a video of any of them calling out their team? I just cant remember them ever doing it. Plus how do you know that Matty hasnt done so behind closed doors? He is a fairly classy guy. Id be willing to bet that is something he would handle in the locker room and not on live TV

since you didn't answer in the other thread ill ask it here. You brought up Drew, Manning, and Brady as QBs who have done so. Do you have a video of any of them calling out their team? I just cant remember them ever doing it. Plus how do you know that Matty hasnt done so behind closed doors? He is a fairly classy guy. Id be willing to bet that is something he would handle in the locker room and not on live TV

Watch them play a game. They're always yelling at their teammates when things aren't going wrong. Matt never does that. It doesn't have to be in public press conference. Just show some fire and desire. Stop looking like you don't give a **** about winning. Be a leader. Stand up. And yes I have heard Brady be publicly critical of himself and his team when things aren't going right. Matt Ryan's way too passive and politically correct. But he gets that from Mike Smith.

Watch them play a game. They're always yelling at their teammates when things aren't going wrong. Matt never does that. It doesn't have to be in public press conference. Just show some fire and desire. Stop looking like you don't give a **** about winning. Be a leader. Stand up. And yes I have heard Brady be publicly critical of himself and his team when things aren't going right. Matt Ryan's way too passive and politically correct. But he gets that from Mike Smith.

So, yelling at the top if your lungs is the only way to accomplish this goal? Sometimes ripping someone a new one in a calm, quiet voice is more effective. Trust me on that one.

I'm not saying Ryan has or hasn't done either one. I just think you're making assumptions and we all know what happens when people do that...

So, yelling at the top if your lungs is the only way to accomplish this goal? Sometimes ripping someone a new one in a calm, quiet voice is more effective. Trust me on that one.

I'm not saying Ryan has or hasn't done either one. I just think you're making assumptions and we all know what happens when people do that...

The Atlanta Falcons have played the last 3 games like zombies. Saying they've been flat would be putting it generously. I'm sick of seeing it. Get pissed. Some some emotion. Act like you give a ****. Seriously. Why is that asking too much?

Seems like people here pass of their speculation and assumptions as fact all the time. I agree last 3 games have been unacceptable. They were playing hard before but now it seems they've all but given up.

Seems like people here pass of their speculation and assumptions as fact all the time. I agree last 3 games have been unacceptable. They were playing hard before but now it seems they've all but given up.

Thank you. That's exactly my point. They have given up on Mike Smith. If that's not a friable offense then I don't know what is. People keep saying you can't fire a coach for one bad year but you can when the team has given up. Greg Schiano isn't very well liked but at least the Bucs are still playing hard.

Told Yall he should treat his linemen to dinners like Brady does. Get them a prostitute off craigslist or something. What's yelling at them gonna accomplish. They are soft. Those are the only guys that deserve to be yelled at. The receivers are doing they're part. Harry is the only inconsistent one

Told Yall he should treat his linemen to dinners like Brady does. Get them a prostitute off craigslist or something. What's yelling at them gonna accomplish. They are soft. Those are the only guys that deserve to be yelled at. The receivers are doing they're part. Harry is the only inconsistent one

And no amount of yelling is gonna help that at this point.

And no amount of yelling is gonna help that at this point.

yea as much as I like, root for and defend him, I also realize that he can be a liability. Makes the tough catches, drops simple ones that can go for big yardage if caught

Are you being serious?

If our OL is too soft to handle having their QB chew their *** out then we have some serious issues.

well I did say they were the only ones that deserved to get chewed out. Again it won't do anything to help, they aren't tough enough

yea as much as I like, root for and defend him, I also realize that he can be a liability. Makes the tough catches, drops simple ones that can go for big yardage if caught

Count me in the group what was holding out hope that something would click and he would finally pan out as a consistent option in the passing game. I think this year proves that he just won't ever pan out. As you said, he can make big plays, but doesn't play consistently enough on the rest of them to see the field when Roddy and Julio are out there. SMH

ya_boi_j likes this

Might not like but it's not his style. Would never happen. He's always been a coaches player. He would never throw the team under the bus. What he does though is immediately take his share and more than his share of the blame constantly.

Falcons_Frenzy likes this