This Team Built To Sell Tickets Not Win

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, right? Those were the good ol' days. Man, did I piss those guys off or what?! laugh.png

Yes you did!! I remember quite a few of them saying they would have you fired. LOL!!! Ah the good old days. I much prefer the old arguments over starting Duckett over Dunn than firing Smith and TD. Good to see you're still here bud.

No. That is the dumbest and worst possible answer. That's the answer of a blind homer who says "oh well, maybe next year" after they lose the NFCCG.

Take it from a Mets fan. Mets fans are on the verge of burning down Citi Field if (when) they don't sign any big FA's as they've promised to do for the past 3 years. They're losing ticket holders and the stadium will be a GRAVEYARD in 2014. Mets fans are hoping and praying this forces the Wilpons to sell the team.

The ONLY power a fan has is to not buy the product. That's the only revolt we have and the only way things can change.

This x INFINITY

Nothing more disgusting a fan can do than just continuously shell out money and support to a professional sports franchise. The only way you get to have a say is with your wallet.

I love the revisionist history.

When Vick was the QB you could find a seat.

It was usually the last games of the season in Mora's 2nd and 3rd year when the team would quit.

In Mora's 1st year and when Reeves was coach with Vick those were hot tickets... they were not as much at the end of Mora's last season

This is Atlanta... a superstar will draw people in but in the end winning is what sells tickets.

I don't know...I think attendance was probably better in '05 & '06 than it has been from '08-'12. @ss backwards as that may be...

Not true . Not with fickle Atlanta fan base

Atlanta fans want super stars . They cheer Kobe , Chris Paul , Lebron

You couldn't find a seat when Vick was QB

Winning is a tradition . We have been regular season winners for years with Braves and they still had low attendance figures and past 5-6 years with Ryan we been winning but never approached attendance figures with Vick

Whats your point? Vick was a train wreck waiting to happen. Undisciplined, selfish & not alot upstairs. Our team sucked with or with out him during his tenure here.

If this losing keeps up, the Falcons will lose season ticket holders by the thousands. Myself included.

Yet you all keep making disparaging remarks re: BUC fans for doing the exact same thing, even though you all have made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 seasons. Funny how that works. Guess that's why they term it Falcologic.rolleyes.giflaugh.png

TD has assembled a marketable team. Big name receivers, steve jackson big name rb, future hof te tony g. TD and blank know defense doesnt sell tickets. Im disappointed in blank for allowing this. Thats why tony wasnt traded. The only game well sell out the rest of the year is tonys last game.

This is what I have been telling you people all season (actually for the past 3 years). It's all about butts in seats, now victories in the win column. And it's not TD's policy, it's coming from the very tip top of the organization. Mr. Blank believes (and possibly correctly) that the people of Atlanta do not support consistently good, but they do come out in droves to see a playmaker (look at the Braves declining attendance every year since 1995 & look what happened in the average Vick era)

And he won games.

But then you go here & that the logical inconsistency in your argument. Do you really think we have not won games in the Ryan era? You think we won more in the Vick era??? Let's get real here.

I don't know...I think attendance was probably better in '05 & '06 than it has been from '08-'12. @ss backwards as that may be...

08 would be the question mark because we were coming off the disaster season in '07 and had a team of unknowns with the exception of maybe 4 players.

Even in 02, 04, 05 & 06 you had the same things. Late arriving crowds and the upper level seats would not be full for some games.

Actually I think it might have been worse because the Dome controlled the club level tickets for part of this. The stadium would be full for the most part except the club level.. which really stood out and looked horrible. It was bad enough that the Falcons took it over.

This is what I have been telling you people all season (actually for the past 3 years). It's all about butts in seats, now victories in the win column. And it's not TD's policy, it's coming from the very tip top of the organization. Mr. Blank believes (and possibly correctly) that the people of Atlanta do not support consistently good, but they do come out in droves to see a playmaker (look at the Braves declining attendance every year since 1995 & look what happened in the average Vick era)But then you go here & that the logical inconsistency in your argument. Do you really think we have not won games in the Ryan era? You think we won more in the Vick era??? Let's get real here.

so you are saying Blank drafted Ryan and not TD ? since TD would have drafted Dorsey

so you are saying Blank drafted Ryan and not TD ? since TD would have drafted Dorsey

I'm saying Blank has a lot more influence in who we select than most people realize. The Falcons have a business plan and they follow it. Part of that plan is to maximize ticket sales and they are doing that by where the focus draft picks & FA signings.

Wassup everyone, new poster/Saints fan here. Not here to degrade but have intelligent discussions about football. You guys will be back next year no doubt about it. Injury bug ripped y'all a new *** which nobody saw coming. Draft wise y'all are only an offensive line away from another playoff run. Its not about the huge names in the draft per say but the hunger of the athlete. Personally our offensive line is trash this season compared to previous years under the SP era. We let a pro bowl guard in jermon bushrod walk thinking we would be ok but Drew stays on his back more times than not and our rushing game is putrid. The late rounds always have gold, and "experts" have been doing awful these days in projecting who may be the best at the next level. You guys just need to stack that offensive line and probably go after a running back in the later rounds because Jackson is just done in my opinion. With the Sucs doing as bad as they are along with you guys it will equal a top draft pick which isn't necessarily good at this point so im pulling for y'all to start winning lol. Also with the emergence of the panties our division will be a dog fight next season!

Wassup everyone, new poster/Saints fan here. Not here to degrade but have intelligent discussions about football. You guys will be back next year no doubt about it. Injury bug ripped y'all a new *** which nobody saw coming. Draft wise y'all are only an offensive line away from another playoff run. Its not about the huge names in the draft per say but the hunger of the athlete. Personally our offensive line is trash this season compared to previous years under the SP era. We let a pro bowl guard in jermon bushrod walk thinking we would be ok but Drew stays on his back more times than not and our rushing game is putrid. The late rounds always have gold, and "experts" have been doing awful these days in projecting who may be the best at the next level. You guys just need to stack that offensive line and probably go after a running back in the later rounds because Jackson is just done in my opinion. With the Sucs doing as bad as they are along with you guys it will equal a top draft pick which isn't necessarily good at this point so im pulling for y'all to start winning lol. Also with the emergence of the panties our division will be a dog fight next season!

either you have a meltdown post or gtfo.

Jk